• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apatheticskell said:
Well technically both had very popular theories sayin that ness and Steven are sans.
I kind of wish Ness and Steven were the same tier now. That fight would be awesome.

So, the only way I see Steven winning is by tiring out Sans by playing nothing but defense (which is pretty in character when by himself in a fight) and with his Shield's attack reflection, Sans would avoid throwing out gaster blasters or risk Steven reflecting it back at him and his other gaster blasters or bones. Surrounding Danmaku can be dealt with thanks to bubble shields, although I don't think they can last long at all, and he can just spam it for the most part. Sans' telekinesis and gravity manipulation can be countered with Steven's Levitation.

After Sans gets tired he would try to put Steven in that status condition while he takes nap, Steven gets to either mind transfer or mind link with Sans, I feel at that point it would end with the fight being inconclusive (the two stop fighting and make friends) or Steven wining (via setting up a sealing or by making Sans die while Steven is in his body).

I vote for Steven until others raise arguments to the contrary.

@Paulo Steven's levitation is more that he can control the speed at which he is falling or being thrown. If sans tries to ragdoll him he can just prevent it from happening by slowing it down to crawl.

I say Sans.

Sans is leagues faster than Steven and leagues smarter than Steven and his hax advantage will definitely give Steven a good run for his money.

For starters Sans is much faster than Steven his light speed lasers are easily faster than Steven's relativistic speed while Sans can get considered FTL. So yes some people do say Gaster Blasters are not actually light but seeing the light speed/laser properties it does make sense.

Sans is much smarter too since he can easily break the 4th wall to learn all about Steven universe and his abilities and then adjust accordingly.

Sans HAXES are also going to be to much for Steven for starters he can use his gravity manipulation to confuse Steven and he can teleport his attacks towards Steven so he will never see it coming. His Telekinesis, Gravity manipulation, Soul manipulation are pretty much going to insure Steven won't be hitting Sans anytime soon. Steven is heavily based on Melee and Sans is heavily based on range so Sans will be hitting Steven most of the time.

I'm not sure of KR means KARMA because if it does'nt every time Steven get's hit the poison effect will eventually drain steven's health which would kill him and if does it won't that much damage.

The final nail in The Coffin for Steven would be that blood lust is not not on so when Sans will offer than chance to spare him something like this would happen.

Steven presses spare* Sans: your sparing gee kid, you wanna be friends? Steven: yes. Sans: Ok come here buddy. Steven walks Towards Sans.* Bones come out of the ground killing Steven* Sans: GETTT DUUNNKKEEDD ONNNN!!!

Overall advantages each character has over each other.

Sans: +Faster travel speed via Teleportation(I just realised speed is equalized.)

+Smarter

+HAXES help a lot

+Can take advantage of Steven's kindness and dunk him.

+Range attack's will help him hit Steven more often than not

=Attack, Combat And Reaction Speed via equalized speed.

-Weaker

-Has way less endurance in terms of both stamina and durability.

- If KR is KARMA it would'nt help

Steven:

+Stronger

+Better Endurance in terms of stamina and durability.

+If KR is karma Steven will be immune to it.

=Reaction , Attack and combat Speed

-Dumber.

-Slower travel speed.

-HAXES greatly put him at a disadvantage.

-Most of the time Meele

-Gets dunked on because he is very kind hearted.

For more information on how Sans should win, check out this video.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4o34Atv1Haw

Apatheticskell said:
I say Sans.
Not voting, but:

1. This thread is a speed equalised match. (You are welcome to make a speed unrestricted match yourself.)

2. In-character but willing to kill means either Sans or Steven will take the kill and should not be affected by laziness or kindness.

Inability to strategise may hinder chances of taking each other out.

So, not knowledgable on steven, but what stops sans from teleporting him around and ignoring the dura if everything he has?

Not voting, but:

1. This thread is a speed equalised match. (You are welcome to make a speed unrestricted match yourself.)

2. In-character but willing to kill means either Sans or Steven will take the kill and should not be affected by laziness or kindness.

Inability to strategise may hinder chances of taking each other out.

Sure they are willing to kill however if Steven wants to be friends if given the opportunity he'll take it and the Get Dunked On.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
So, not knowledgable on steven, but what stops sans from teleporting him around and ignoring the dura if everything he has?
Sans needs to hit the body to hit the soul. Can't do that with shields in the way.

Sans needs to hit the body to hit the soul. Can't do that with shields in the way.

He can always teleport behind Steven he can always teleport inside of steven's shields and he to hit the soul the shield won't be there Steven will have to avoid he can't block.

The Wright Way said:
You guys realize Steven would have speed blitzed if speed wasn't equal right?
Sans would be the one blitzing.

Steven at the height of his power is relativistic while Sans is easily FTL.

His Gaster Blasters fire lasers(that travel at light speed) and frisk easily manages to dodge them and sans with no effort dodges frisk's attacks making him a casual FTL.

Apatheticskell said:
-Sans uses Gravity or Telekinesis -> Steven's levitation slows himself from being thrown to a crawl, making it basically useless.

-Sans uses Durability Negation -> Steven's shield reflects projectiles, making it basically useless unless Sans can keep Steven from putting up his shield. -Sans uses Danmaku -> Bubble shield blocks in all directions

-Sans uses his status effect -> Steven gets to do his Mind Link/Mind Transfer the moment Sans falls asleep, and Sans can't attack while he uses that.

Most of Sans' hax can be countered by Steven, the only one I don't see being stopped is teleportation, but even then teleporting Steven to try and catch him off guard won't really work because it's basically Steven's first instinct to bring up a bubble shield, and it takes no time to do that. As for Sans teleporting into Steven's bubble... thats a really bad Idea, that leaves Sans and a huge disadvantage as he can't effectivelly hit Steven with a Gaster Blaster, leaving bones as his only option while he's a few inches in front of Steve the person you just said is a Melee fighter. Teleporting attacks can be an issue, but it won't one-shot Steven.

"Take advantage of Steven's kindness" they only way that can even happen is if Sans is on the losing end and tries to bargaining with Steven after he had clear intent to kill him, Steven isn't as smart as Sans, but his is not stupid. If the "getting dunk'd on" requires them to get close to each other Steven can just Seal Sans with a bubble for safety, like I said he isn't that stupid.

Range attacks like the Gaster Blasters are actually a detriment to Sans because Steven's shield reflects attacks, now imagine Steven using a Gaster Blaster except he can move it as if it was a light reflecting off a mirror.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, 4th wall breaking doesn't give someone complete knowldge of who they're fighting.

Fisrt off, Sans' "status effect" is Sans manipulation the "game mechanics" of his own verse and it was agreed it's not combat applicable outside Undertale.

Secondly, I'm gonna give this to Steven. Sans cannot penetrate Stevens bubble shield and Steven will out last him. Sans is also clearly not human and vastly weaker then Steven, so there is no reason to belive Steven won't bap Sans on the head and powderize him.

Steven Wins. And speed is equal so stop talking about blitzing.

Oh yeah, I don't think I voted yet. I guess I'm going with Steven for now, since Sans can't penetrate the bubble, unless someone brings up something else for Sans.

I guess you could say Sans just teleports bones into Steven's bubble, but the bubble forms from Steven's gem and pushes outwards, meaning Sans' bones won't be able to get more then a hit or two at best, and that's nowhere near fast enough. Sans still tires out first.

Steven can also make his shield while he's inside his bubble so even if Sans does that they still get blocked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back