• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So hum I think Stormbreaker should be updated to 3-A for the simplests reasons

In Infinity War, Stormbreaker was able to overpower a full blast from the gaunlet.
Now this obviously won't scale to the snap, as the gaunlet was damaged bc of that, indicating more energy was put in with the snap then it was with the full blast
image.png

BUT....
The gaunlet at this time would scale to the Power Stone, who's stated to be a power source capable of vaporzing the universe

This would also upgrade Thor to 3-A but ofc with the Stormbreaker, which would upscale anyone scaling to the Stormbreaker as well (Gorr and Mighty Thor). This would also upgrade Stormbreaker to 3-A

Agree:
Disagree: @ByArrow @Qawsedf234 @Lonkitt
Neutral:

Last edited:
Also wanted to point out the fact "Thanos didn't expect it to be this powerful" and "Stormbreaker was built as a counter" won't downgrade the feat, but further more support it

How do you know Thanos used level 3-A energy? Thanos maybe used level 4-A energy? Is there a scan that says Thanos used 3-A level energy in that scene?

And it makes no difference that the gaunlet is powered by a power stone capable of vaporizing the universe. You needs to prove that the power stone is always at that level and if thanos could use the power stone with that level of power, he wouldn't need other stones to destroy half the universe.

Last edited:
How do you know Thanos used level 3-A energy? Thanos maybe used level 4-A energy? Is there a scan that says Thanos used 3-A level energy in that scene?
The combined powers of the Infinity Stones can decimate a universe, so it can easly scale anyways

And it makes no difference that the gaunlet is powered by a power stone capable of vaporizing the universe. You needs to prove that the power stone is always at that level and if thanos could use the power stone with that level of power, he wouldn't need other stones to destroy half the universe.
According to the Gaunlets profile, The Stones energy all togheter togheter is capable of destroying the universe, and the stones power def didn't downgrade during the full blast, which is why I think Stormbreaker can scale
image.png

Thanos needed to snap to erase the Universe or do any universal effects. The beam is featless and we have WoG saying that Thanos would be able to counter it if he wasn't taken by surprise. There's no valid path for Tier 3-1 Thor without the stones, it just doesn't make any degree of sense within the franchise.

I also feel like this breaks the 6 month CRT rule.

According to the Gaunlets profile, The Stones energy all togheter togheter is capable of destroying the universe, and the stones power def didn't downgrade during the full blast, which is why I think Stormbreaker can scale
image.png
How do you know he uses all the stones at full power during the attack? Just because the stones together have the power to destroy the universe does not automatically make every attack at that level. When Thanos used the stones to destroy the wound of the entire universe, his gauntlet was damaged, but after he attacked Thor, there was no damage to the gauntlet, which shows that he didn't use the full power.

Also, WoG saying that Thanos would be able to counter it if he wasn't taken by surprise.

How do you know he uses all the stones at full power during the attack? Just because the stones together have the power to destroy the universe does not automatically make every attack at that level. When Thanos used the stones to destroy the wound of the entire universe, his gauntlet was damaged, but after he attacked Thor, there was no damage to the gauntlet, which shows that he didn't use the full power.

Also, WoG saying that Thanos would be able to counter it if he wasn't taken by surprise.
No, WOG implies he would have used the stones differently if he used it in another way bc he didn't expect the axe to be this powerful

How do you know he uses all the stones at full power during the attack? Just because the stones together have the power to destroy the universe does not automatically make every attack at that level.
With that logic, we can debunk any profiles on the profile cuz "How do you know X attack consistanly have the same AP" 😭

With that logic, we can debunk any profiles on the profile cuz "How do you know X attack consistanly have the same AP" 😭
You misunderstand my point.

As Qawsedf234 said, thanos snaps his fingers when he uses the gauntlet to erase the universe or for a universal effect. In this scene thanos did nothing like that. And as I said in my previous post, the gauntlet takes damage when used for universal effect but not after attacking thor. Considering these two and the fact that we know that stones have variable AP, we can say that Thanos' attack is not 3-A. And there is nothing to support that this attack is 3-A.

As Qawsedf234 said, thanos snaps his fingers when he uses the gauntlet to erase the universe or for a universal effect. In this scene thanos did nothing like that. And as I said in my previous post, the gauntlet takes damage when used for universal effect but not after attacking thor. Considering these two and the fact that we know that stones have variable AP, we can say that Thanos' attack is not 3-A. And there is nothing to support that this attack is 3-A.
Wasn't all the stones prescence stated to have created the main timeline asw as preventing it from collapsing

Tho the WOG can be countered by the fact another WOG says the Stormbreaker was designed to defeat the Infinity Gauntlet, same Gauntlet capable of channeling the power of all the 6 Stones who are 3-A

Tho the WOG can be countered by the fact another WOG says
The previous quote is from the directors of the film while that's from a screenwriter. While both are important the directors are the ones who would have greater authority over the film since they're in charge of both the direction and execution of the product itself.

The previous quote is from the directors of the film while that's from a screenwriter. While both are important the directors are the ones who would have greater authority over the film since they're in charge of both the direction and execution of the product itself.
Ok, then I suggest we just make it a discussion rule for the MCU, I got nun to loose🤷‍♂️

Ok, then I suggest we just make it a discussion rule for the MCU, I got nun to loose🤷‍♂️
Something like:
  • Do not attempt to upgrade Thor, Gorr, Mighty Thor and the Stormbreaker to 3-A based on the argument the axe was able to overpower a full blast from the Infinity Gauntlet. The events of Infinity War suggest the full blast don't scale to the snap, as the gauntlet was damaged bc of that, indicating more energy was put in with the snap then it was with the full blast. Even if the blast scale to the Power Stone, who is a power source capable of destroying the universe, the energy output of the Stone is variable, and there is no way to quantify how much energy was used during the blast

Last edited:
Okay, so that wasn't a long read

I don't agree on the basis of the Power Stone's really specific powerscaling. This is a mistake I see outside of VSBW too, where people ignore the rules of the Power Stone are will scale people to certain feats like 5-A based on "scaling to the Power Stone" in some capacity. What the Power Stone affects is dependant on the target

Okay, so that wasn't a long read

I don't agree on the basis of the Power Stone's really specific powerscaling. This is a mistake I see outside of VSBW too, where people ignore the rules of the Power Stone are will scale people to certain feats like 5-A based on "scaling to the Power Stone" in some capacity. What the Power Stone affects is dependant on the target
I see, and we can't use this interview from the screenwriters saying the Stormbreaker was built to counter the IG ?
If not, I suggest we make the discussion rule I typed above

I see, and we can't use this interview from the screenwriters saying the Stormbreaker was built to counter the IG ?
If not, I suggest we make the discussion rule I typed above
The screenwriters don't outright say Stormbreaker is stronger than the Infinity Gauntlet. They even say "it slices through the power of the Infinity Gauntlet", and bring up how its dwarven magic and that the creator of both items makes said items how he wants them to be. So I'm inclined to say this doesn't make Stormbreaker 3-A

Why everyone ignoring the discussion rule thing after the feat got debunked twice by now😭? Do I need a new CRT?

Thanos needed to snap to erase the Universe or do any universal effects. The beam is featless and we have WoG saying that Thanos would be able to counter it if he wasn't taken by surprise. There's no valid path for Tier 3-1 Thor without the stones, it just doesn't make any degree of sense within the franchise.

I also feel like this breaks the 6 month CRT rule.
Wrong and try reading what you own scan actually says thanos would of been able to counter it other ways saying hax ways rather then raw power

And it does make sense within the franchise Stormbreaker doesn’t have a single anti feat of it ever being damaged or cracked etc in fact your going against the narrative was

wog + feat + story intent by eitri = it’s that strong

Last edited:
The screenwriters don't outright say Stormbreaker is stronger than the Infinity Gauntlet. They even say "it slices through the power of the Infinity Gauntlet", and bring up how it’s dwarven magic and that the creator of both items makes said items how he wants them to be. So I'm inclined to say this doesn't make Stormbreaker 3-A
It in fact does because numerous statements say it is stronger then the IG Eitri entire plan was to give Thor a weapon that could defeat the gauntlet eitri made a weapon that could beat or compete with his other creation the gauntlet

Last edited:

Another case of people not being able to read their own scans
9116723-9353593394-image.png

In a different way this is telling us thanos could’ve used the stone another way rather then raw power like using the space stone to open a portal using the reality stone or time hax etc not raw power

Meaning Stormbreaker > IG ap

Last edited:

"Look at how powerful this axe (Stormbreaker) is. The man who made the Gauntlet and the axe, provided Thor with the weapon that could defeat the Gauntlet."

9317227-2f8b1304-b219-42f4-a0ad-27d542d107b2.jpeg

never in my days could I think something get like 6 different wog statements + feats + narrative intent and still get denied

Vs wiki needs changes at this rate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back