• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Why wouldn't Akuma and Oro scale to Full Moons Bibson? Oro is on par with Akuma, and Akuma could easily stomp Nash and Ryu, as well as being confirmed the strongest being in Street Fighter, excluding Oni (which is just a more beefed up Akuma anyay).

Because Black Moon Bison is an amp and nobody in the series, not even god tiers displayed any feat comparable to him, plus Oro and Akuma are above Bison normally, not an amped one

Oni with his feat and WOG makes him the only one possible to scale to

Evil Ryu and Kage scale to Akuma as they are depicted as comparable to him

We might need that somebody starts a new continuation thread for this, with an easy to understand summary of the discussion so far in the beginning. After that they can ask all of the staff and experienced members who took part in this discussion to respond to the new one as well.

@PuasLuisZX

Why should we scale Ryu and other to one of the Black Moons? Based on what proof?

Also last i checked the Oni calc it still didnt reach 6-C even with what you suggested

I disagree scaling them to these unless there is good reasons for it

I still think that you should follow the advise that I gave in my last post, as we won't get enough input from staff and knowledgeable members otherwise.

>Also last i checked the Oni calc it still didnt reach 6-C even with what you suggested

Then is there any calc blog for the argument?

>We might need that somebody starts a new continuation thread for this, with an easy to understand summary of the discussion so far in the beginning. After that they can ask all of the staff and experienced members who took part in this discussion to respond to the new one as well.

Someone may need to rewrite the OP in this thread instead. The feats we are discussing are more or less the same. Some achieved and can be marked with "done" - others are "pending".

(Say now we have implemented Black Moon M. Bison and prep time FANG. And also barrel busting Dan.)

Oni's Volcano Feat (Feat in video form: https://youtu.be/J4iAjYaxDz8?t=103) is still needing a calc blog to determine its yield.

Gill parting the ocean is deemed not impressive as an AP feat.

What we truly further need is a new scaling for (since bullet dodging and kikusho are anime feat(?)). And sadly the E. Honda meteor busting feat is deemed an outlier.

• Dodging a Sonic Boom can be "at least transonic possibly supersonic" - for non-Dan (possibly non-Sean) low to mid tiers
  • Mid to high tiers can be scaled to Ryu powered M. Bison busting a city with a satellite laser.

BlackDarkness679 said:
Kage could have used a better render then just his back being seen honestly
Kage doesn't really have any good renders, his only fullbody one is of the same pose; and I honestly don't like him enough to make a new one.

Antvasima said:
Thank you for helping out.
No problem.

Could have asked for a render to someone on the wiki then

I have anyway a render that shows his face, gonna change the existing one on the profile with that

I know this is probably (obviously a outlier)

But in Alpha 3,when you are defeated by Bison (Spammy asshole) he captures Dan and uses his body to power up a buddha statue and blow up a town, not sure if thats a thing in all loss endings but thought it was interesting.

That sucks then

I still think that Dan Hibiki should still scale (somewhat) if his fight scene against Chun Li is considered Canon (Where the latter confronts him about being on Shadaloo and whatnot and he fights and then run away)

Dan doesnt scale to anyone, he is a fodder in the SF world

@Ant

Nothing really changed, the same things which we told you from last time

Antvasima said:
We might need that somebody starts a new continuation thread for this, with an easy to understand summary of the discussion so far in the beginning. After that they can ask all of the staff and experienced members who took part in this discussion to respond to the new one as well.
It seems like this was the best idea I could come up with in order to get something done here.

The justification for 7-B's Ryu rating no make sense. Psycho Drive contained not only Ryu's power but also Psycho Power's. And if SF characters can destroy cities, why would M. Bison need the power of Ryu + Psycho Drive instead of doing it on his own?

Anttron224 said:
Why waste his own energy when he can use Ryu's ki like a battery?
Because he wouldn't need... Unless Ryu's ki was just one element to grant that destructive ability. We don't know how the machine works. Bison could have put himself in it. "But he would die." So Ryu too, as he is weaker than Bison and does not master the Psycho Power contained in Psycho Drive. And if he dies, it can't be a battery. Or do you think Bison would have all that work to capture Ryu to use his power to just destroy a city when he could have done it himself?

Because characters have personalities and character traits that allow them to make decisions within their own disposition. Most characters (and people too) don't act on what most would consider the ideal or best choices, characters have preferences. Maybe Bison would rather use a giant buddha statue powered by Ryu.

Also M. Bison can charge it himself, look at his page.

Is somebody experienced/who knows what they are doing willing to follow my earlier suggestions?

Anttron224 said:
Because characters have personalities and character traits that allow them to make decisions within their own disposition. Most characters (and people too) don't act on what most would consider the ideal or best choices, characters have preferences. Maybe Bison would rather use a giant buddha statue powered by Ryu.
Also M. Bison can charge it himself, look at his page.
And following that logic, you can justify the power of any character according to what you want. Let's put Ryu in 1-A, maybe he hasn't demonstrated this power simply because his personality doesn't allow it. We're also going to put Batman in 1-A for hurting Specter, maybe he just hasn't shown that level before because of his personality.
It is an extreme example, but it serves to show that the characters have their personalities but that does not make them and the authors mindless stupid. Ignoring the variables I quoted and you ignored (such as how Psycho Drive works and Ryu's utility) is lazy.
I repeat: if M. Bison only wanted Ryu to destroy a city, why didn't he do it on his own? How to ask someone in another room of your home to get control of the television that is on your side. And that is important to you.
If your answer is that Bison and the Street Fighter writers are dumb as a rock or prefer to have more work than necessary, that's fine.

That logic is demonstrably false. The psycho drive harnessed their power and was capable of destroying a city, so they scale. We aren't picking a random statistic and saying they haven't shown it because of their personality. I made the personality argument to justify why he would use the psycho drive instead of himself, not to justify his attack potency.

I ignored what you brought up about the psycho drive because it isn't worth addressing. We very clearly know how the psycho drive works, you give it a power source and it produces an attack from the energy provided. We don't need to see the gears and circuitry to know it's basic function.

Antvasima said:
Is somebody experienced/who knows what they are doing willing to follow my earlier suggestions?
Anyone? We need more staff input here, and with this long thread we are not going to get it.

A near necro bump. But seems that the Oni and Fang calcs have been done and Gill's calc was disregarded. Guess it seems that we just need to know who scales to who now, especially Ryu and Akuma.

Nah, I meant that who are the characters who scale to those said two. On a side note, what is Gill's justification for 7-A? Apart from being above Akuma who's 7-B?

Also, assuming Cody scales to Ryu due to Hugo, then shouldn't Guy and Haggar get the same treatment?

Back