• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Strength Contest: Tiers 10, 9, 8, 7 and 6!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EliminatorVenom

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Hello guys! It's quite late to start the contest, but, anyway, we shall begin the Strength Contest!

"How it'll work?" Easy-peasy my friend. Search around the wikia for the strongest characters of each tier (10, 9, 8, 7 and 6) and put them on your commentary to vote for them. You should do that on some way that isn't confusing, to make it clear to who and why you are voting in.

"Can I vote on my own characters?" After thinking about some time, I decided that yes, you can. However, you must explain the reasons of your vote. If you vote on your characters without giving a solid reason, your vote is going to be voided.

THE STRENGTH CONTESTS OF TIER 10 (Human), 9 (Superhuman), 8 (Building), 7 (Nuclear) AND 6 (Tectonic) BEGINS NOW!

TIER 10: Miranda Wiles

REASONS: Miranda is already a tier 10-A, which gives her a obvious advantage in raw power in comparision to other characters of the same tier. Also, she got dat obfuscate and energy draining... That's pretty strong for a Tier 10, actually.

TIER 9: Well, IDK if the characeter is serious, but if he is, The-One-Above-You takes this without any diff.

REASONS: He has one power that no character on this wiki (Or at least, not most. All infinity/0/certain characters can counter it, I believe) has: The ability to become more powerful than the current being that it is facing, while also becoming immune to the current foe. There are characters who have some respectable hax that could compete with him, but the immunity pretty much nullifies any advantage.

TIER 8: Shulk the God of Time. (Pretending to be weak)

REASONS: I shouldn't really explain. Just take a look on the page, and you'll understand. Time Manipulation and hax at its finest should give Shulk the win against any other Tier 8 character of this wiki.

TIER 7: Alfonso Felix.

REASONS: I've seen Tier 7 characters who are superior than him in raw power and stat-wise... But hax? Sorry, Alfonso takes that no problem. Stopping time, manipulating matter and using spiritual spells in combat grants him massive versatility and ease to kill most foes, even those that are some tiers above him.

TIER 6: To me it is hard to vote, but either Nathan Aeternum or Kotaro Yuki ... Gotta go with Nathan.

REASONS: Nathan, on his Ultronata Maxima/Aeterna Maximus is still a Tier 6, but a incredibly powerful one. Multi-Continental strength/durability, FTL speeds with Rapid Movement, massive variety of powers and a style of combat that directly attacks the soul should give him the win.

Darn. Quite depressing that everybody ignored this. It had potential. I personally missed it altogether.

Do you want to try again sometime?

I should actually point out two things here.

1) you could have highlighted this to get peoples attention here, Venom.

2) Alfonso's powers he stole from others such as DIO and Aizen didn't come until around the 90's as him in the 70's is literally when he had nothing but what he had in the 70's.

1) And I did. A long time ago, actually. Didn't you guys got the notification?

2) Oh, I see. Even then, his powers are still quite impressive, still ahead of all Tier 7's that I've seen on a while.

Ok, here is my vote.

Tier 10- Yugi, Queen of Games

Yugi is tier 10 at low end, and can range anywhere from there to tier 3-A, so I figure that means that Yugi can probably reach a very high 10-A+++, if you know what I mean.

Tier 9- Rose

Well, the reason that I am not counting The-One-Above-You is because it is a joke character. Anyway, Rose has dozens of abilities, some of the most versatile equipment around, is at the very high ends of tier 9, ect ect ect. She is this close to being a Mary Sue considering her looooooong list of skills (Master martial artist, swordswoman, alchemist, tinkerer, engineer, politician, negotiator, actor, criminal, manipulator, seductress, and strategist- ect.) and besides all that, is a ninja.

Tier 8- Either Shulk the God of Time or the Superior Spider Ma

As for why Shulk is here, just one word. Hax. He can freeze you in time, take away your buffs, decreace your stats, ect.

As for SSM, I put him here for two reasons. One- bias. I had to have at least one Superior on my list. The other is genuine reasons. One he can see the future (a lot like Shulk, coincidentaly) so it is almost impossible to hit him (at least if your are another tier-8) two, his Superior Mode increaces all of his stats even further, but he is still technichaly tier-8, and finally, his slight physics manipulation (being able to swing on his webs by a glass pane, for instance) kinda tips it in that direction.

Tier 7- Alfonso Felix

Yeah, can't really argue with that. He has got some pretty extreme abilities all around. I mean, there will never be a situation that he dosen't have a move specifically to combat, even if he dosen't have the abilities he stole from Dio Brando, Akuma, ect.

Tier 6- I have to agree with Eliminator again- Nathan Aeternum

He starts out at 6-A, and then gets much stronger, but is still 6-A. Then he gets even stronger and is still 6-A! Add soul hax and FTL speeds to that, and you have a pretty unbeatable tier 8.

Lol, this contest gave me a rather far-fetched idea. What if a group of people on this wiki got together to make an OC Death Battle series of sorts?

Stevethebarbarian said:
That would be awesome, but how would it work?
Also look at this. This is my Wiki, made entirely for DeathBattles. I have already made several OC deathbattles, likethis one, and this one.

I would apreciate a new member.
I would think that there would be some sort of place where creators could submitt their characters to be part of the roster. And the rest would be like death battle where the most suitable characters are paired against each other and the reaserch team determines who would win. On top of determining who would win they could possibly make fight animations (I mean come on, wouldn't you wan't to see your own character in a fight animation?) One can only hope.

That's really cool, I would totally become a regular member.

Yeah. Seeing actual animations with my O.C.s would be awesome, but almost imposible, given that we don't have a fraction of Screwattack's resources, nor do we have sprites or 3-D models for any of our characters.

Like I said, one can only hope.

Also, upon finishing my OC (David) I came across your comment regarding "The Above". Was it just a hilarious coincidence that you made a chatacter of the same name and similar nature or is it the same Above mentioned on my OC's page?

Just a coincidence. I tried to think of a "godly" name, and The Above was the first thing to come to mind. So, what do you think about the matchup?

"She is this close to being a Mary Sue considering her looooooong list of skills (Master martial artist, swordswoman, alchemist, tinkerer, engineer, politician, negotiator, actor, criminal, manipulator, seductress, and strategist- ect.) and besides all that, is a ninja."

Actaully, when I first came up with the character playing D&D with my friends, it was a joke character, or more specifically me making fun of my friend's non-stop power-gaming to the point where he casued the entire plot to revolve around the same cookie-cutter Gary Stu each and every time. After a bit, though, apparently they liked the way I played the character, so I ended up keeping her around, and from there I reworked the backstory just a tad, and the rest I actually did in-game from there. Sorry for the giant list of stuff, can't exactly ignore it if it happens to legit be a part of the character. ^_^; Besides, you know how many ppowers people like Batman and Superman have, yet they're typically very well-written imo. Remember, it's only a Gary Stu/Mary Sue if the character ceases to be threatened by their opposition, what would be a Gary Stu in one verse might be small fry in another.

Also! Sorry for not replying to this. I had misunderstood, I didn't know it was a vote. I had thought E-Venom had actually declared who the winners were already. Better check out the characters...

That's hillarious Perpetual. I was just kinda joking about the Mary Sue thing, but I never would have guessed that it really was that type of character.

No offense, right?

No, none at all. One of the main inspirations for her personality-wise was Bayonetta. The whole "God damn, I'm such a Mary Sue but I'm so well-written/hot/charismatic that no one gives a shit so screw it, Imma just roll with it" deal, yeah?

That being said, I might trim her skill list down a tad soonish, lot at what she's got and see if something doesn't make sense. Sort of made her out to be the skill ninja type (again, Batman), but you have a perfectly valid point.

ThePerpetual said:
No, none at all. One of the main inspirations for her personality-wise was Bayonetta. The whole "God damn, I'm such a Mary Sue but I'm so hot...
I think that is the more notable point here, at least as far as Bayonetta is concerned.

Tier 10: Miranda Wiles

Tier 9: Rose (Human Form)

Tier 8: Shulk The God of Time

Tier 7: Alfonso Felix

Tier 6: Nathan Aeternam

Can't provide reasoning at the moment, I have no time. Sorry.

Welp, we have now conclusive votes.

However, I'd like to know Otakuzoid input on this.

Tier 10- Yugi

Tier 9: Rose

Tier 8: Shulk The God of Time

Tier 7: Alfonso Felix

Tier 6: Nathan Aeternam

Sorry for the late response. Anyway, it's hard to search the entire wiki to find what I believe to be the strongest, so I basically went with what was given to me here.

Question, is it against the rules to nominate the same person (in different forms) for more than one Tier award? Just curious.

No, it isn't. Like how I said previously, if a character is 6-A and 5-C, like Nathan, he is on the strength contests of both Tier 6 and 5.

By the way, what's your thoughts about this, Cross?

Well, since no one's voting anymore, I see that the winners are:

10: Tie between Miranda Wiles and Yugi, Queen of Games.

9: Rose. (I also vote on her cuz TOAY is a joke character)

8: Shulk the God of Time - pretending to be weak.

7: Alfonso Felix.

6: Nathan Aeternum.

CONGRATULATIONS FOR THESE CHARACTERS! THEY WON THE TITLE OF THE STRONGEST ONES OF THEIR OWN TIERS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back