• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Stylish Action meets Shooter - Sam Gideon (Vanquish) VS V1 (ULTRAKILL)

Armorchompy

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Calculation Group
Why isn't this combination of genres ubiquitous? Anyway, both of these guys are 9-A, Speed Equalized, otherwise SBA

Sam Gideon: 0

V1: 0

Incon: 0

Sam appears to scale slightly above 9.5 kilograms, whereas V1 is baseline, so 5 kilograms.

Sam's powers aren't really explained, that part of the profile needs some work. I'm gonna assume that this is basic FPS logic, and they're all gun modifications or throwables. What I'm curious to know is how much V1's attack reflection would nullify that?

And he appears to be able to reflect bullets as well. Ok.

Both Sam and V1 have the same sorts of abilities, aside from that attack reflection skill. That, I think, will be the make or break of this fight. V1 requires blood to continue fighting, but since they are in Central Park, and V1 is pretty adept at taking on multiple enemies at once, I think he'll be able to break off and kill civilians while managing Sam, who tends to seek cover and pick his shots in character against strong foes. Notably, getting blood also heals him, so that is another big point in V1's favor.

Something else interesting is that Sam is weak to heat-related attacks. While Heat Manipulation is only V1's ability via the Nailgun, he also has Energy Manipulation and Explosion Manipulation, all of which produce heat. All in all, V1 is more likely to exploit Sam's weaknesses than vice versa.

I'm almost ready to give my vote to V1, but I am given pause by the fact that Sam can amplify himself by removing his limiters. By the looks of that, if he can do it, he'll outdamage and basically blitz V1. How likely is he to do that in character?

Sam needs outside help to remove his limiters, which he doesn't have access to in this fight. I'm leaning on V1 because of its superior abilities and its crazy acrobatics.

Sam's powers aren't really explained, that part of the profile needs some work. I'm gonna assume that this is basic FPS logic, and they're all gun modifications or throwables. What I'm curious to know is how much V1's attack reflection would nullify that?
Please explain, I made the profile so I can fix that. But all of the modifications his gun has are all there at once.

And he appears to be able to reflect bullets as well. Ok.

Both Sam and V1 have the same sorts of abilities, aside from that attack reflection skill. That, I think, will be the make or break of this fight. V1 requires blood to continue fighting, but since they are in Central Park, and V1 is pretty adept at taking on multiple enemies at once, I think he'll be able to break off and kill civilians while managing Sam, who tends to seek cover and pick his shots in character against strong foes. Notably, getting blood also heals him, so that is another big point in V1's favor.
I don't believe V1's bullet time is as powerful as Sam's. As for killing civilians, well, Sam is a good person, so I think he'd try to stop that even before realizing it heals V1. I also don't agree with Sam fighting at long range between cover, all of the QTEs show him up close and personal and you can even counter-attack a boss any time it attempts to shoot you. I think he'd be right up V1's face, trying to both punch him down and shoot him. Finally, Sam has regeneration, so he can heal too.
Something else interesting is that Sam is weak to heat-related attacks. While Heat Manipulation is only V1's ability via the Nailgun, he also has Energy Manipulation and Explosion Manipulation, all of which produce heat. All in all, V1 is more likely to exploit Sam's weaknesses than vice versa.
Sam actually resists extreme heat, it just overheats his suit- but it doesn't do much damage.
I'm almost ready to give my vote to V1, but I am given pause by the fact that Sam can amplify himself by removing his limiters. By the looks of that, if he can do it, he'll outdamage and basically blitz V1. How likely is he to do that in character?
I haven't given him that ability as it's reliant on outside help, and I thought he had more than a fair chance without it (which I still think). Just cause you asked, he's gonna use it if he realizes he absolutely cannot do something without it- such as an extreme feat of strength or speed, or fighting someone who was blitzing him. I'd assume he'd also try it if he realized he was outmatched after a long fight.

Last edited:
I think he'd be right up V1's face, trying to both punch him down and shoot him.
This is unironically a bad idea for Sam, as V1 not only has an explosive shotgun, but also V2's arm which makes it punch its opponents and release a massive, damaging shockwave that can send the thing its fighting be sent flying.

That's true, but don't forget he's got a fairly hefty AP advantage (he's 2x above, but he's also somewhat stronger in AP than dura) and his reaction time is massively above V1's.

Please explain, I made the profile so I can fix that. But all of the modifications his gun has are all there at once.
It would be useful to note down which one of Sam's gear gives which ability. For example: Electromagnetism Manipulation (With EMP grenades), just so we can tell how many of these abilities he can use at once, which are limited in use, etc.

Well, they're pretty brief in effect- only a bunch of seconds, and he only has 3. As for his attacks, while they do have electromagnetic effects, they don't stun robots or anything, so it wouldn't be different for him.

Bump

Though I'm working on a V1 calc that might end up 8-C or above so eh

Back