• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sub-Rel Naruto Speed Ratings and Scaling

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Lorenzo

Is people generally believe my reasoning for these speed scalings is poor, then we simply don't use them and case closed. I'm not gonna make a fuss about it.

END RESULT- jvando and I came to the conclusion that the only appliccable speed amp (or any other type of amp for that matter) here is the one recieved through the use of the first gate, which multiplies that user's stats by 5. Scaling comes later, so for now, we cover those who gain something from this; 3 people for now, none of them scale to the other currently, by the way. Kakashi (simply because he can and has the ability to use it, otherwise, he has never used it before in battle, henceforth this is technically only appliable in what-if battles made here in the wiki itself if the op specifies kakashi's use of it), Might Guy (all of his keys gain from this that relate to his base state- pre timeskip, early shippuden, everything that covers his base, none of his gated keys are affected by this), and Metal Lee/Rock Lee (same thing said for/about Might Guy above applies here). The speeds we would have to mutliply currently are mach 6800 (made by jonin shino, who is slower than old kakashi and guy, who are slower or as at least equal to their younger selves, so for now, i would assume that all of their keys aside from genin kakashi and maybe part 1 kakashi scale to him) and mach 2225 done by kakahi (this one most likely scales to shippuden lee in his earlier states, since he may very well scale to shino's feat by the end of shippuden as well as in his current state). Part 1 Rock Lee's base speed is mach 25. Metal Lee's speed is mach 781.43.

IMPORTANT- Mods still need to agree to this, so be ready to wait before editing anything please. If some of you would like to offer your services by asking around and informing mods, that would be quite good, and mods that are already here, plese do us a favor and comment here.

> The speeds we would have to mutliply currently are mach 6800 (made by jonin shino, who is slower than old kakashi and guy

Can you provide a scan or a clip showing that Shino is slower than old Kakashi & Guy?

People who handwave it as "Shino's not an impressive fighter / he's just a teacher" aren't providing solid evidence. At best they're supporting points that don't say anything specific about speed.

Also, we might need to determine in a future thread whether Shino's feat is a possible outlier for him.

Can you provide a scan or a clip showing that Shino is slower than old Kakashi & Guy?

what??????

rel+ kakashi >>>>>>>>>mhs+ Shino

unless u think in 10 years kakashi gotten slower

@Omimi; if Kakashi and Guy already scale massively above Shino's feat, then why is it being suggested that we use the 5 times multiplier on Shino's Mach 6800 feat?

Guy scales to Rel with his 7th gate and Rel+ with his 8th as far as I'm aware.

Damage3245 said:
> The speeds we would have to mutliply currently are mach 6800 (made by jonin shino, who is slower than old kakashi and guy

People who handwave it as "Shino's not an impressive fighter / he's just a teacher" aren't providing solid evidence. At best they're supporting points that don't say anything specific about speed.

Also, we might need to determine in a future thread whether Shino's feat is a possible outlier for him.

Sighs bruh watch Boruto. Old Kakashi is even faster than Shino. Kakashi literally can blitz Boruto, casually react to Mitsuki as well. Those are literally two people who have fought Shino and one fought Shino seriously.

Old and young Kakashi is still faster than Shino

@AstralKing7; I'm not saying you're wrong but just saying "Watch the show" is not providing evidence.

Listing examples is good, but you actually need to source and link to those examples.

So your saying that your the only one here that literally didn't know about any of this?? This means your jsut arguing Damage.

Also I'm pretty sure everyone has watched Boruto VS Kakashi and Shino vs Mitsuki.

@AstralKing7; pretending like things are common sense and that they have to be accepted is wrong in cases like this. Don't assume that everyone has seen the same things you have; when you're making a solid assertation, you need to back it up.

It's like I'm asking "How do you know kid Naruto in Part 1 isn't as strong as Edo Madara?"

Right now there are no profiles aside from Shino's that directly scale to Shino's calc (and that didn't even have a CRT to approve it).

Pretending that loads of profiles already scale to the calc doesn't make any sense when there hasn't been accepted discussions on it yet. Or much in the way of evidence that Shino's feat isn't an outlier for him.

Yeah we've already told u why it's not an outlier. You continuing to say it is makes u seem like a downplayer.

@AstralKing7; I don't care if I seem to be a 'downplayer'. The discussion for whether Shino's feat is an outlier for him or not hasn't properly taken place, and there are other users besides me who have questioned it.

@Damage

Your first issue with the feat was with the lighting standards itself. An entire thread was made about it by you even though we had discussed it in length prior and it was decided that Raiton fitting the lighting standards that we use and using avg lighting speed for them makes sense.

Then your next issue was with us back scaling Shino's feat to Shippuden characters. Like really? Shino, one of the physically weakest characters? And you want to argue that Kakashi and Guy in their prime aren't relative?

And then, you talk about it being an outlier. I'll just say this: If we are scaling top tiers to Rel and higher tiers to Rel+, Shino's Mach 6800 feat isn't an outlier. The only argument I can see is simply the lack of Shippuden feats because Kishimoto, but whatever.

At this point, it simply seems like you're trying to deny the feats, but if it really bothers you so much, then you can make a CRT as to why we shouldn't scale Adult Shino to Mach 6800 because that's his current speed justification. Whatever.

I'll agree to use the Mach 2225 feat done my Kakashi because arguing with you is tiring.

Either way, we get "at least Sub-Rel" for Guy with Gates.

@Jvando; Yes, I have multiple issues with it. Sorry we don't see eye-to-eye on this.

> And then, you talk about it being an outlier. I'll just say this: If we are scaling top tiers to Rel and higher tiers to Rel+, Shino's Mach 6800 feat isn't an outlier.

Not being an outlier for the verse as a whole isn't the same thing as not being an outlier for that particular character. There should have been a CRT made for it in the first place before it was added to him, but it doesn't matter now. I'll make a thread to address it in the future.

> I'll agree to use the Mach 2225 feat done my Kakashi because arguing with you is tiring.

Okay.

Is base Guy's speed rating justification going to be updated to make him equal to early Shippuden Kakashi? Right now he's scaling to base Naruto.

Damage3245 said:
Is base Guy's speed rating justification going to be updated to make him equal to early Shippuden Kakashi? Right now he's scaling to base Naruto.
Yeah, right now Wrath of Itachi is trying to fix them up cause the profiles are screwed up. That will be changed accordingly

Yeah, the biggest problems when it comes to revisions for a series as huge as Naruto is how outdated some of the profiles can be.

Honestly makes me tempted to try a bottom-up revision for the series in the future after all these current revisions are taken care of.

Seems pretty simple, I agree with the revised method. As for the base speed, I'd say go with the Kakashi calc to be safe but if there is evidence for the Shino one, then go with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back