• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Suggestions for improvements (New forum)

I have done so

95ae8fb3914f839c413cf1a399cd9118.png

bd38c3cbdc384e50c4bf7a47aeed0b71.png

Though, since we're on the subject, one suggestion for improvement IMO would be switching the default search sorting to "Date" instead of "Relevance." I share the sentiment that the "relevance" sorting is confusing and in the most typical cases people want to see it by date.
Bump this suggestion. Yeah, we basically don't care about Relevance at all, it just shows random comments and we in most if not all case are looking by date.
I will ask about it. It seems like a good idea. 🙏

Truly sorry if this is misplaced, Ant
But this Dereck03 (hope I wrote it right) NEEDS a compliment/feedback and I couldn't find any existing thread to say it.

That guy is fast af on APRT and I truly feel that I can always count on him.
Thank you for your work Dereck03.

(If it's enough to make it be here: making a feedback(s) thread here on WM segment sounds nice, what do you guys think?)

Truly sorry if this is misplaced, Ant
But this Dereck03 (hope I wrote it right) NEEDS a compliment/feedback and I couldn't find any existing thread to say it.

That guy is fast af on APRT and I truly feel that I can always count on him.
Thank you for your work Dereck03.

(If it's enough to make it be here: making a feedback(s) thread here on WM segment sounds nice, what do you guys think?)
Yes, @Dereck03 is awesomely helpful. Thanks a lot to him.

🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖

Though, since we're on the subject, one suggestion for improvement IMO would be switching the default search sorting to "Date" instead of "Relevance." I share the sentiment that the "relevance" sorting is confusing and in the most typical cases people want to see it by date.
Bump this suggestion. Yeah, we basically don't care about Relevance at all, it just shows random comments and we in most if not all case are looking by date.
By the way, this is already a thing, if you go to your preferences and mark this option then it will work
image.png

I comment this just in case anyone here hasn't noticed.

How recently? We just changed the server that the site is hosted on, may have something to do with that.

hey, good night from brazil

i cannot use the option "mark read" from the notification icon right next to "search"
it always return "page could not be found"

I've also noticed this. If you go into your actual inbox and click "Mark Read", however, it does work.

image.png

@Mr._Bambu i don't usually make use of that alerts section, but apparently is not solving there either*
also, i know just a little bit about front-end, but i don't think it wasn't intended to be "SV_ALERT_PREFERENCES" i.e.
sorry if i'm disturbing, i think this should be told tho

image.png

@Mr._Bambu i don't usually make use of that alerts section, but apparently is not solving there either*
also, i know just a little bit about front-end, but i don't think it wasn't intended to be "SV_ALERT_PREFERENCES" i.e.
sorry if i'm disturbing, i think this should be told tho
Huh. I'm also not tech savvy so I'm afraid I'll have to let someone else help you out here, all I know is that it works for me. 'pologies, friend.

Who may I Call, in your opinion?
Ghostbusters!

The button thing will presumably be fixed on its own in time, AKM to my knowledge is the one who usually handles tech support on the wiki though there are obviously a number of savvy people who simply don't have access but may be able to offer insight (people like Dread, for example). AKM would be the best but he's dead 99% of the time.

Has this been suggested before?

Basically, what about a way for staff to opt in & out of certain threads, with an avatar stack showing staff who have selected one of three options: Yes, no & maybe.

b5OMSxZ.png

And clicking or hovering over the avatars shows their response in a small popup.

pZ289jF.png

It could go even further like staff not receiving a ping from threads they've opted out off.

Both users and staff see who will, may and/or never participate in a specific thread (provided they actually selected an option).

If you're wondering why it is all my avatars, I didn't wanna make this and then some user tells me to delete it because they didn't give me permission to screenshot their avatar.

About a similar topic — seeing the last post:
Can't we have an arrow down on the same way we have an arrow up? This'd be useful on times the "jump to new" doesn't work or it's uneffective, or for bumping

OK so there's currently a problem. The search function in this forum doesn't work. When I tried searching up my posts, the only ones that showed up are the ones from yesterday. Is this just me?
Our search function seems to work as it should again now. It was likely a temporary system glitch.

Has this been suggested before?

Basically, what about a way for staff to opt in & out of certain threads, with an avatar stack showing staff who have selected one of three options: Yes, no & maybe.

b5OMSxZ.png

And clicking or hovering over the avatars shows their response in a small popup.

pZ289jF.png

It could go even further like staff not receiving a ping from threads they've opted out off.

Both users and staff see who will, may and/or never participate in a specific thread (provided they actually selected an option).

If you're wondering why it is all my avatars, I didn't wanna make this and then some user tells me to delete it because they didn't give me permission to screenshot their avatar.
That seems like a very practical idea that is likely very hard to apply in practice.

It seems like our forum owner forgot to renew our XenForo license, and our search function is connected to that, so after he has done so, things should likely work as usual again. 🙏

So regarding those pop up ads in the bottom of the screen and follow you around

Usually there is a prompt to make those ads retract which allows me to use that part of the screen. However, that prompt no longer exists and I can no longer get rid of those ads which makes a whole section of the screen unusable. I know this sometimes happen with ads that go through the whole bottom of the screen or ads that retract to the left but I worry if this is gonna keep happening because these unavoidable ads are making navigation really difficult.

I will mention the problem in question to our forum system manager. 🙏

So regarding those pop up ads in the bottom of the screen and follow you around

Usually there is a prompt to make those ads retract which allows me to use that part of the screen. However, that prompt no longer exists and I can no longer get rid of those ads which makes a whole section of the screen unusable. I know this sometimes happen with ads that go through the whole bottom of the screen or ads that retract to the left but I worry if this is gonna keep happening because these unavoidable ads are making navigation really difficult.
@Peppersalt43

Can you provide screencaptures of the problem for our system manager please? 🙏

He said that since the advertisement is so small it should be easy to ignore, and he will only add an x-button if there are complaints from a much more significant number of members than just one of them.

If you get a Patreon subscription all advertisements here will disappear though.

Our forum system manager thinks that he has finally managed to solve our search function problems.

If anyone notices any further search problems please inform us about it. 🙏

So there's a problem with the new video advertisements that pop up here every now and then

For one, the close button doesn't work on mobile. No matter how many times I tap it even when magnified, it won't go away

The second problem is that the video itself has a habit of blocking the close buttons of other ads, making them also uncloseable. This has forced me to reload several times and is really making mobile difficult

It's even worse with those ads that need to be shrunk down once before they can be closed
Screenshot_20240122-211135_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20240122-211531_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20240122-211714_Chrome.jpg

I know there is an on going staff discussion right now about large size but I am pretty sure the earth which should be type 5 fits the definition of type 4 with a surface area of 510 million square kilometers and earth isn't even the standard for type 5 the requirement is just planet sized, mercury is only 74.8 million square km and the type 6 standard is just stars a definition that includes RX J0720.4–3125 with a radius of 5 km and the Crab Pulsar at 10 km which fall in the range of type 3 despite being stars.

Kinda disingenuous to use neutron stars there since the whole point is that they compress to wildly below their otherwise normal size while maintaining a far higher density. Nobody has ever used "neutron star" as the standard for "star".

As for the rest of it, I think you'll find that those planets are planet-sized, and thus fitting the definition of Type 5. Precedent dictates we use Earth as the baseline of "planet" (or at least a ballpark) so I suppose Mercury can be debated due to the vagueness of the page, but Earth is most certainly Type 5, by definition. The fact that it can be measured in millions of square kilometers isn't super relevant.

Back