• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Summer Time Rendering: Shadow's physiology and some additions

You can't use R>F as a Low 1-C justification going by how Ultima said the Low 1-A stuff for Slay the Princess wasn't valid for being contradicted in the story. It's either a 1-A thing or nothing.
You can't use R>F as a Low 1-C justification going by how Ultima said the Low 1-A stuff for Slay the Princess wasn't valid for being contradicted in the story. It's either a 1-A thing or nothing.
So how do you qualify for Low 1-C

R>F would make her 1-A and that's contradicted. So it's not useable as a upscaling method.
The only statement I see is that she views 3D like how 3D views 2D, which is a Tier 2 feat and not a Tier 1 feat.
I still hold my opinion. I may ignore whether it is R/F or not but at least it shows that it is superior to the lower dimensions. In this scan, Shinpei asked the question "So this is the four dimension?". Haine has not confirmed that Shinpei's question is correct and it would be difficult to use a question as evidence.

Next, you say that all you see is 3D looking at 2D. But obviously this is just a comparison. Haine claimed the owner of the eye could ascend to a higher dimension, a place above the ordinary world. There, the owner of the eye has completed control over space and time "It's like how us, who live in the three dimension can easily pick up, flip, and burn a manga, a world of two dimension." In other words, Tokoyo views 4D timelines as 2D.

Finally, let's talk about the differences between dimensions. As the Tiering System FAQ page explains, a dimension is an uncountably infinite number of lower dimensions stacked on top of each other on an additional axis orthogonal to the previous dimensions.

Basically, an arbitrary object of dimension n is essentially comprised by the total sum of uncountably infinite objects of one dimension less, which may be described as lower-dimensional "slices", each corresponding to one of the infinite points of a line. For instance, a square is made of infinitely many line segments (Lined up on the y-axis), a cube of infinitely many squares (Lined up on the z-axis), and so on.

Here, Tokoyo's observation of 4D as 2D showed a quantitative difference. Simply put, the lower dimensions always have a dimension of zero in an additional axis. For example, a 2D plane has a height (Z) of 0, so no matter how much it overlaps, it cannot become a 3D box. Similar to Tokoyo, no matter how many timelines overlap, Tokoyo cannot be reached because it is quantitatively superior.

would be difficult to use a question as evidence.
It wouldn't, since it wasn't a question but an internal thought about the nature of the realm.

Haine claimed the owner of the eye could ascend to a higher dimension, a place above the ordinary world
Which is a 4D statement when taking in the above quote.
Here, Tokoyo's observation of 4D as 2D showed a quantitative difference
I'm only seeing Tokoyo as seeing 3D as 2D and everything associated with it can be achieved by just being 2-A.

Why we can use a question to prove it?
I mean they say "This is a higher realm" and the character thinks "The Fourth Dimension". It's pretty straightforward as a thought goes.

They are (and Haine) in Tokoyo, a higher dimension/higher plane of existance, above the world (or timeline).
Yeah, they're viewing a 3D realm as 2D. You're thinking of the mortal worlds as 4th Dimensional, when they're 3-Dimensional getting their temporal elements from the 4th Dimension.

I mean they say "This is a higher realm" and the character thinks "The Fourth Dimension". It's pretty straightforward as a thought goes.
I'm not sure, such a thought is quite vague. Because their range of perception is simply limited to 3 dimensions.
Yeah, they're viewing a 3D realm as 2D. You're thinking of the mortal worlds as 4th Dimensional, when they're 3-Dimensional getting their temporal elements from the 4th Dimension.
Don't universes essentially have 4 dimensions (3 space dimensions + 1 time dimension)? I argee that they're just 3D beings, but it's clear that the eye owners don't observe creatures, they observe the worlds or the timelines.

Don't universes essentially have 4 dimensions (3 space dimensions + 1 time dimension)?
No, they default to that when nothing is said otherwise but that isn't the case everywhere. If time is a construct of a higher dimension then there is no +1. Its just 3D spaces at different levels on the 4th Dimensional Axis. To use an example time in D&D is a 4th Dimensional concept, so by virtue of being beyond the 4th Dimension you exceed time as a concept in that franchise. But as such there's not +1 rating for alternate universes. Its just different points on a 4th Dimensional rather than a collection of infinite 3A snap shots.
I'm not sure, such a thought is quite vague. Because their range of perception is simply limited to 3 dimensions.
I don't know how "The Fourth Dimension?" is vague when its a response to someone saying "This is a higher plane of existence".

No, they default to that when nothing is said otherwise but that isn't the case everywhere. If time is a construct of a higher dimension then there is no +1. Its just 3D spaces at different levels on the 4th Dimensional Axis. To use an example time in D&D is a 4th Dimensional concept, so by virtue of being beyond the 4th Dimension you exceed time as a concept in that franchise. But as such there's not +1 rating for alternate universes. Its just different points on a 4th Dimensional rather than a collection of infinite 3A snap shots.
I don't think that works in this case. It is worth noting here that the eye's abilities have been claimed to extend over a 4-dimensional range instead of a 3-dimensional one. This means it includes 3 spatial dimensions and 1 time dimension. After the eye awakens, it is declared to transcend time, then it continues to advance to an even higher dimension, which is Tokoyo. So it doesn't make sense that Tokoyo is just another level of the 4th dimension.
I don't know how "The Fourth Dimension?" is vague when its a response to someone saying "This is a higher plane of existence".
Tokoyo is higher than the world as Haine says "above the world" not higher than 3D human perception.

Back