• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Summer Time Rendering: Tier 8 Upgrade

Cutting to the chase

8-B Upgrade
Haine's main body (Her Shadow) was blown by 4 crates of aerial fireworks. According to this aerial fireworks produce 67.8 Terajoules OR 16204.59 Tons OF TNT and we visually see Haine's body momentarily holding in all that energy before blowing apart. The hole was relatively small aswell for taking an 8-B explosion. The feat obviously scales higher as the calculation accounts for one set of aerial fireworks when Haine's body survived 4 but I'll settle for the lowball.
If yall change your mind about multiplying this by 4 then im all ears + it makes more sense right? Inevitably took 4 firecraker crates and not 1 when the calc takes account to 1 set.

Summer Time Render on it's way to solo jjk

And ofc those who can affect Haine's Main Body would scale. And those who can harm those who can harm Haines main body scales. I suck at making crts

the source you linked explicitly says that the terajoule measurement would be for the energy in 100,000 tons of firecrackers. those 4 crates do not look like a hundred thousand tons. (also 67.8 Terajoules is 16.204 Kilotons, 7-C, not 8-B at all)

the source you linked explicitly says that the terajoule measurement would be for the energy in 100,000 tons of firecrackers. those 4 crates do not look like a hundred thousand tons. (also 67.8 Terajoules is 16.204 Kilotons, 7-C, not 8-B at all)
Oop. Thanks for info. I thought i cooked 😭😭😭.

regular users can't ping other people.
Is it possible to make a estimate? This feat seems rather significant, well above where the verse is currently at
all you can really do is find the mass of gunpowder that'd be in those crates and use that for your explosive yield.
also maybe refer to wikipedia for sources on the specific energy of a material rather than a medium article, gunpowder is anywhere from 4.7 to 11.3 MJ/kg here

Last edited:
all you can really do is find the mass of gunpowder that'd be in those crates and use that for your explosive yield.
also maybe refer to wikipedia for sources on the specific energy of a material rather than a medium article, gunpowder is anywhere from 4.7 to 11.3 MJ/kg here
Mann i wish i was able to calculate things 😭. Idk how to find explosive yield. Could you do it for me please?

Cutting to the chase

8-B Upgrade
Haine's main body (Her Shadow) was blown by 4 crates of aerial fireworks. According to this aerial fireworks produce 67.8 Terajoules OR 16204.59 Tons OF TNT and we visually see Haine's body momentarily holding in all that energy before blowing apart. The hole was relatively small aswell for taking an 8-B explosion. The feat obviously scales higher as the calculation accounts for one set of aerial fireworks when Haine's body survived 4 but I'll settle for the lowball.
If yall change your mind about multiplying this by 4 then im all ears + it makes more sense right? Inevitably took 4 firecraker crates and not 1 when the calc takes account to 1 set.

Summer Time Render on it's way to solo jjk
What it actually says is this.

As gunpowder(fuel) is the reason behind the firecracker burst, let’s look at the gunpowder energy metrics which would allow us to calculate the energy generated by a cracker.

Specific energy of gunpowder — 3 MJ per kg

The total estimated weight of firecrackers used during Diwali in India is 100,000 tons of firecrackers.

Gunpowder usually makes up 25% of the weight of the firecrackers, meaning it goes to 25,000 tons of Gunpowder being exploded or nearly 22.6 million kg. The energy that gets exploded into the air is 22.6 mn kg* 3 MJ per kg = 67.8 * 10¹²J or 67.8 TJ !
If you want to know the energy emitted by a single firecracker, on average it contains 50mg of gunpowder, which translates to 150 J of energy.
Those crates are not holding 22,600,000 kilograms of explosives.

No.

As for your request for an estimate. Unlikely? The thickness of the crates is unknown and the type of fireworks would make a huge difference, as would packing insulation (of which there is normally a lot used).

As for your request for an estimate. Unlikely? The thickness of the crates is unknown and the type of fireworks would make a huge difference, as would packing insulation (of which there is normally a lot used).
If only they told us what fireworks they used at the festivals..... We don't have such information sadly. Guess I'll just put it as additional justification for 9-A.

I've found yet another discovery. This one uses the average firework and estimates of about 20k Fireworks which shouldnt be far fetched as we see alot of fire works (Chapter 11 to 12) being fired over a long period of time in the background which is equivalent to the one they used on hiruko. It's too much to imgur but I've linked the chapter. If this gets accepted the verse becomes 8-C.

This source is assuming there are 20,000 fully made fireworks in only four crates.

This source is assuming there are 20,000 fully made fireworks in only four crates.
I mean, I don't see a problem as we see the fireworks being showcased in the chapters i sent. It went on for a long time with numerous massive effects being shown so it had to be quite the amount especially when this is a mere estimate. The crates we see are also huge so idk why there's a problem with the crate size, as if it was a mini pack. If 20K is too much, we can settle for a smaller estimate as we know how to calculate such based off what the source uses (average fireworks and power energy)

It is a estimate, just as most feats relating to this so we can settle for a reasonable amount to give the final energy count.
Btw bambu, this is slightly unrelated but could you please evaluate this thread? Qawsed advises we do as it has tier 1 stuff

1kYOu6M.png

Box is 473 pixels to a side, her upper arm is 276 pixels long. The upper arm is on average for a woman 17.3% of her total height. The average 17-year old Japanese woman is 172.8 cm tall. This means our blue line is about 29.38 cm long.

29.38 / 276 * 473 = 50.35 cm to a side. This means the actual box segment has a volume of about 0.128 m^3. Multiply by four crates to get a volume of 0.512 m^3.

Your source tells us that the average firework has about 200 grams of explosive powder within them to achieve this energy output- now this is obviously variable, you get some large and some small, but I'll accept it as a vague average. This means that the city of Boston is blowing up about 4000 kilograms of gunpowder for the 4th of July every year (mind you that Boston is a very large city and is one of the more 4th of July-heavy ones). The density of gunpowder is about 1.8 g/cm^3, which translates to 1800 kg/m^3.

Therefore, you would need the following to be true to even get close to a quarter of the necessary payload:
  • There is no insulation or protection for the explosive materials.
  • The explosive materials are not inside fireworks (which would actually contain the vast majority of the volume, the payload tends to be within a rocket of some sort that tends to be larger than it).
  • The outer wall of these crates is paper thin.
So yes. It is absurd to scale to the entire 4th of July celebration of the city of Boston with four crates of fireworks.

Box is 473 pixels to a side, her upper arm is 276 pixels long. The upper arm is on average for a woman 17.3% of her total height. The average 17-year old Japanese woman is 172.8 cm tall. This means our blue line is about 29.38 cm long.

29.38 / 276 * 473 = 50.35 cm to a side. This means the actual box segment has a volume of about 0.128 m^3. Multiply by four crates to get a volume of 0.512 m^3.

Your source tells us that the average firework has about 200 grams of explosive powder within them to achieve this energy output- now this is obviously variable, you get some large and some small, but I'll accept it as a vague average. This means that the city of Boston is blowing up about 4000 kilograms of gunpowder for the 4th of July every year (mind you that Boston is a very large city and is one of the more 4th of July-heavy ones). The density of gunpowder is about 1.8 g/cm^3, which translates to 1800 kg/m^3.

Therefore, you would need the following to be true to even get close to a quarter of the necessary payload:
  • There is no insulation or protection for the explosive materials.
  • The explosive materials are not inside fireworks (which would actually contain the vast majority of the volume, the payload tends to be within a rocket of some sort that tends to be larger than it).
  • The outer wall of these crates is paper thin.
So yes. It is absurd to scale to the entire 4th of July celebration of the city of Boston with four crates of fireworks.
Damn it! Back to the drawing board 😭

Back