• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Super Smash Discussion 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bobsican said:
Geno even appeared in the Grinch leak, so chances for him are about 90% now.
>Geno appears in the Grinch leak, so his chances are really high

>Ignores the fact that Isaac and Shadow being ATs debunked it already

Anyway, with Nintendo choosing the line-up, I don't know if I can see Geno being apart of that list because of his lack of relevancy.

Nintendo's choosing the lineup. So my best guesses will be (in no particular order):

• A Kirby rep
(Bandana Dee, Marx, or Magolor, most likely. Wouldn't be shocked to see Francisca due to Star Allies being recent)

• A Zelda rep
(Probably a Champion. Only other choices are either Impa, Tetra, or Vaati)

• A Square Enix rep
(Tbh, most likely is like, either Tifa, Sephiroth, or Lightning due to relevancy. Possibly Dragon Quest's Erdrick or Chrono Trigger's Chrono, as they're both icons. I'd be pleasantly surprised to see Geno or Sora. Former's ireelevant (unfortunately), latter involves Disney)

• A rep from a side or 3rd party series they're trying to promote
(This could be Chorus Kids, Boxboy, or even...Minecraft Steve...)

• A hype pick
(Geno, Banjo-Kazooie, KOS-MOS, Master Chief, idk)

• A Xenoblade rep
(Elma's most likely. Wouldn't be shocked to see Rex or Pyra/Mythra)

• Another Pokemon or FE rep
(This one I doubt, but Gen 8/Pika-Eevee & FE: Three Houses are still things...)

• A Bandai Namco character
(Despite co-producing the games since Sm4sh, there's only one rep. I can totally see Heihachi, Nightmare, Agumon, or heck, even The Prince (Katamari) making DLC)

• A Sega rep
(Maybe the reason we didn't get Shadow or Knuckles is because they were planning someone like Earthworm Jim)

Yes, I know that there's only gonna be 5 DLC characters excluding Piranha Plant. These are all just possibilities.

Rex is likely in tbh. As Gamexplain said, being a Mii Costume or Spirit doesn't disconfirm you. tbh the only reason he didn't make it is because he wasn't made until post development start. Not to mention Rex is more likely seeing as his game iirc is the best selling out of the 3 Xenoblade games.

Not relevant enough to be on Nintendo's radar for adding into Smash Bros. Piranha Plant was all Sakurai, so that's understandable.

hmmmm since Nintendo was in charge of DLC, perhaps guessing future characters should be seen in a busniess perspective?

Nintendo's been in charge of all characters since the first Smash other than Bayonetta and arguably the base Ultimate cast. I don't see why it would be that much different from previous games. All this says is that they won't do a ballot like last time.

Also, having them put purely business-oriented characters as DLCs would anger fans quite a lot and not turn a profit, although we can't exclude money-grab characters like Steve.

I dunno, the way the post sounded makes me think Sakurai had less of a say this time, iirc even in the Brawl days Sakurai usually had a huge influence (hence snake)

SomebodyData said:
hmmmm since Nintendo was in charge of DLC, perhaps guessing future characters should be seen in a busniess perspective?
I agree.

What Nintendo games are coming out?

Well Bayo 3, FE Three houses, Luigi's Mansion 3, Animal Crossing (Already covered), Metroid Prime 4 (Technically? Covered), Yoshi (Covered)

Notable 3rd Parties include: Doom Eternal (Its predecessor was one of the first major third party games on the switch too), Unknown Bravely tease, Octopath Traveler, Kingdom Battles

SomebodyData said:
Well Bayo 3, FE Three houses, Luigi's Mansion 3, Animal Crossing (Already covered), Metroid Prime 4 (Technically? Covered), Yoshi (Covered)
Notable 3rd Parties include: Doom Eternal (Its predecessor was one of the first major third party games on the switch too), Unknown Bravely tease, Octopath Traveler, Kingdom Battles
God, I really don't want another Fire Emblem character in Smash.

I can see Jeanne as an echo fighter though.

Jeanne would probably get the Isabelle treatment sadly, so if she did come it would probably be at the expense of another.

That said, if Sjmash used DLC Seasons like other fighters, it wouldn't be a problem.

If they're going to choose an another Zelda rep, it's either Vaati (fitting, second most recurrent villain of the series, already has his own stage, palace of winds, already has a final smash with Vaati's wrath etc.) or Impa. Pleasse, be Vaati.

>Vaati

Why tho. He appeared in a lot of games, sure, but mostly in the lesser known games and is far from the most requested fighter in the series. Skull Kid and, as you said, Impa would be far more likely.

Vaati didn't appear in Hyrule Warriors due to Capcom issues, and a lot of fans, me included, wanted him in that game. Nintendo could probably put it in Smash as Capcom is already part of the project or something. It would surely attire HW customers that wanted to play as him. I'm not too sure about SK. If they wanted to add it, they would have done that A LOT of time ago. The fact that the moon is now an assist trophy doesn't help, either.

The problem is that Hyrule Warrior is one big fighter solely around Zelda. The game already had most major Zelda characters in, so of course it'd make sense for Vaati to get in.

But in Smash, we only have variations of the Triforce trio. Do you really, REALLY think that Vaati is important and popular enough to be alongside these three? Above all other characters?

Why are we talking about relevancy when we had Ridley, K. Rool, and obscure Mario enemy all confirmed to be in Smash? The third one is the equivalent of including some random Generation 7 Pokemon like Poipol over Incineroar.

Honestly my money's on Reckless Wii-Mote Guy. You'll unlock him by playing 90 1v1 games with the Wii Remote held sideways

Because people misinterpreting "Nintendo chose the DLCs" as "The new DLCs will solely be characters made for a business purpose".

Honestly the whole game is a testament that they're not just in it for business. Sakurai didn't need to include half of the things that he did, but he did it anyway. We know darn well Nintendo could straight up fail for decades and still be fine financially.

And I guarantee you the minimalist music menu with playlists and all of that wouldn't have changed the sales at all had it not been included.

I'll give that guy one thing. Yes, SSBU is absolutely, 100%, a remastered version of his last game.

But, to coin a phrase, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it." The core mechanics are definitely the same, but it's all the little tweeks and aesthetic decisions that make this game stand out on its own. Because it takes a lot of work to make a game, even if you're simply remastering it. Something that this guy doesn't understand. In face, under that same logic, every new Pokemon game is a remastered version of the previous entry, and Call of Duty as well. The fact is, every game is unique in the way they present themselves, no matter how similar they play to each other. And that, I think, is one of the most amazing things about the video game industry today, and just goes to show how much one can stand out, given some effort.

Yeah. Pirahna Plant is awesome. Shouldn't have become a character before a good amount of the assist tropies, but there's really nothing to do. Personally, I think that all characters should also be assist trophies as well so being an assist trophy won't deconfirm a character. (Same with Pokeballs)

There is also the fact that people truly don't understand the time and effort it takes to make a game either. Nor do they know the process. As someone whose going into that field myself, I can tell you, it ain't as easy as people think. Even if it's just a remaster. He still had to deal with contracting, reworking all the characters from past games into the new game, tweaking and making new mechanics, making new character art, getting music in the game, Need I mention World of Light and Spirits mode, coding, coding, coding, coding, coding, coloring, coding, contracts, coding, texturing, coding, reworking models, coding, did I say coding?

No matter what you may think, even something that is just a "remaster" takes a ton of time and effort. Making a game ain't easy, even with a full team. People are just ridiculous and are flat out entitled nowadays and find the smallest things to complain about. Especially for a product they aren't forced to buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back