• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Super Smash Discussion 4

G&W, Palutena, Dark Pit, Joker

G&W and Palutena are characters I have a massive grudge against but the other two are cool.

I main, Mario, Sonic, Wolf, Captain Falcon and Ganondorf.

I personally love kicking butt as Falco, though I'm not bad with Pit, Toon Link, Lucario, Sonic or Duck Hunt.

Warren Valion said:
Here's my character list:

Main - Blue

Secondaries - Red

Tertiaries - Yellow

Dm7CMBa
I already made the list and this is an old screenshot that was made when Joker just came out - I don't like him anymore, but the rest are still great though

Every single character there aside from CF and Joker are sword users.

But no Marth, Chrom or Lucina? Heresy.

Got my eyes set on maining Doctor Mario and Bowser Jr while also planning on grabbing maybe G&W or Dark Pit, maybe both as secondaries.

Starter Pack said:
But no Marth, Chrom or Lucina? Heresy. </div>
I actually second Luci along with Ryu and Simon, but I royally suck with all of them.

Starter Pack said:
Problem? Sword users are fun.

So you consider Ganon, who only has a sword for his smash attacks and a taunt, a sword character, but Joker who has a knife in almost all of his moves, not a sword character? K.

And as I said - I stopped playing Joker, so he isn't apart of my list anymore.

You can put Marth, Chrom, and Lucina on the list - I just got lazy and didn't include them - like how I got lazy and didn't edit my list, but just requoted my old one.

TartaChocholate said:
Starter Pack said:
I actually second Luci along with Ryu and Simon, but I royally suck with all of them.
I like playing Ryu/Ken as well, it is just that I can't play the Street Fighter-esque characters for shit.

I wasn't picking apart your mains, I was just making an observation.

Also, considering I haven't experienced Joker at all as of yet (my copy of Smash went on the fritz and won't load for some reason), I really wouldn't know what he does or doesn't use, aside from the cool things shown in the trailer.

And I was just pointing out that they all used swords, not that they mainly use swords. I took Ganondorf's giant sword into consideration, and I forgot Joker had a knife.

What's the most annoying character(s) you guys hate fighting against? Like, if you're online and run into one of them, you're like "Aw shit, here we go again".

For me its:

-Bowser: Side-B spam.

-Young Link: Projectile spam and mainly uses melee once they see you get hit by their bomb or you're off the ledge.

-Ganon: ...Ganon. 'Nuff said.

@Warren: Yeh... sad part is, I am rather competent with Ryu in Street Fighter proper, but can't combo for my life here. The bigger arena and direction changes really mess up my already nonexistent balance

DaBoiWhoOwnsMods said:
What's the most annoying character(s) you guys hate fighting against? Like, if you're online and run into one of them, you're like "Aw shit, here we go again".
For me its:

-Bowser: Side-B spam.

-Young Link: Projectile spam and mainly uses melee once they see you get hit by their bomb or you're off the ledge.

-Ganon: ...Ganon. 'Nuff said.
Most small characters - I hate that the meta has so many of them as top tier. Mainly Yoshi though - Coney said it best.

Out of all the projectile characters in the game, your problem is with Young Link? Really? Not Mega Man, the Belmonts, R.O.B, or Ness/Lucas?

DaBoiWhoOwnsMods said:
Oh, no, the Belmonts & Ness/Lucas too. Young Link is just the most I fight against.
How do you have problem's against Ganondorf?

Just Whiff punish and gimp him - he's not a good character.

Depends on the Ganon.

Decent Ganon? Less likely to let you breathe on top of less chances of whiffing + being able to kill you at 30%.

Also, out of R.O.B, YL, Belmonts, Ness & Lucas, YL & the Belmonts are the most annoying.

Ness & Lucas? Just jump over.

R.O.B? Little jump and wait for recharge.

Belmonts & YL? They have little no cool down, their projectiles come swinging right back around for you and they're annoyingly fast AF. There by making them the most annoying to deal with for me.

Lemme tell you anyone with a projectile is annoying for Bowser Jr.

bowser jr's clown car dash has like the worst priority in the fact that anything that even makes you flinch makes you stop dead in your tracks and it's so annoying.

Like fighting Peach is the worst because a turnip will just stop you

DaBoiWhoOwnsMods said:
Depends on the Ganon.
Decent Ganon? Less likely to let you breathe on top of less chances of whiffing + being able to kill you at 30%.

Also, out of R.O.B, YL, Belmonts, Ness & Lucas, YL & the Belmonts are the most annoying.

Ness & Lucas? Just jump over.

R.O.B? Little jump and wait for recharge.

Belmonts & YL? They have little no cool down, their projectiles come swinging right back around for you and they're annoyingly fast AF. There by making them the most annoying to deal with for me.
I'm a pretty decent Ganon myself if I say so myself, and from playing the character so much - I know how easy the character is ****** over. Even good Ganons are still playing Ganon, you know. Here's a good video on how to counteract Ganondorf.

The Belmonts could be pretty annoying, but if you just recognize the pattern in their attacks, then finding an opening is not that difficult. You can even use their projectiles to your advatanage. For example, I was playing Ganon and my friend chose Simon as a counter pick. He threw out the Holy Cross while I down-aired him, the Holy Cross came back and hit me sending me up slightly - I used that as an excuse to down air him again, which sent him up, which then I combo'd into a neutral air.

And I have no idea how you find YL as annoying tbh - I never see anyone play the character and the Links projectiles aren't really that annoying. Yeah, he's fast, but YL has pathetic range and has terrible kill power.

Back