• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Superman Infinite Strength?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A friend of mine says that he has infinite power, what do you think of this? This is based on the feat of the book with a number of endless pages. Although Superman and Captain Marvel, trying to lift it before but they fail to lift it. After apparently Ultraman lift it. But the fiat was made by Ultraman, does Ultraman have infinite strength? And Superman?

An other question

Superman Prime One Million, for what I read on the forums Grant Morrison said that he is second only to the Presence? Is this statement of author true?

The book feat is easily an outlier or a hyperbole.And Superman One M. hasn't shown anything that would put anywhere near the level of Vertigo characters such as Lucifer, Michael etc.

Basically what Kk said. While not a hyperbole, it is a hilarious outlier that no Superman short of cosmic armor or strange visitor should be able to accomplish.

It's an outlier. I wouldn't call it hyperbole based off who wrote it and much of the accompanying dialogue, it happened, it's clear in the story what it was meant to be, but it has not been repeated since, or even approached.

I heard that the book countian all the informsion in the universe or some think like that with mean it is infent but infent mean never stop growing but the wight he it had while he holes it is unknown or how fast and wight it gain with time passe.

It is stated twice to contain all possible information. Once referred to as a book with infinite pages and again referred to as every book possible. While holding it, they feel the presence of Mandraak, and Shaman asks how someone can be bigger than universes.

It was clearly written as a feat of strength, it just doesn't have a lot to back it up in Superman's history. People like to play semantics with this feat, to downplay it, cause for some reason simply saying "it's an outlier" isn't good enough.

For further information, you can read the script for the book, and I believe Grant Morrison even clarified it was meant to be infinite at some point, though I could be remembering wrong.

Again, not that it matters. Its an outlier.

It's not infinitive,it just contains all book in universe which is finitive number.

Also it took WW & Superman and one more to lift for a moment.There's explenation on yt from many youtubers about that feat and explaining

I've seen the YouTube's explanations. All seem to have a hefty bias regarding it. No. Its infinite, every book possible from the multiverse. Stated twice. This is what I mean by people playing semantics. Minimally, it was designed to show that Mandraak, the event villain, was beyond the scope of physical universes, Again I refer to Shazam's quote "how can something be bigger than universes"

Its an outlier, pure and simple, and this thread should be closed, as there is nothing to be gained from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back