• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Superman (Post-Flashpoint) CRT

Confluctor

VS Battles
Retired

Simple CRT. I am proposing to separate New 52 Superman from his Rebirth self. The difference between these two versions of Superman is staggering. He is a completely different character, different History and everything else. Yes, I know about Superman Reborn arc but the merged history is unknown and most writers after that have barely referenced any new 52 stuff. And to add, the New 52 Supes might still be around as we found out in Sideways. So take it as you will.

So, that's why it will be better to separate him. The file is a mess right now. The abilities are already separate and so are the keys and statistics, but its weird because these are essentially two different characters at the end of the day. It's like putting Ultraman and Superman in the exact same file.

The CRT is simple; move the New 52 stuff to a new file called Superman (New 52) and rename the current one to Superman (Rebirth). Obviously the summary and some other things need to be changed accordingly.

Honestly I wouldn't mind if we merge Post Crisis and Rebirth files not proposing it rn, just a thought. It makes more sense than merging New 52 and Rebirth files into one.

While we're here Darkseid and Wonder Woman need the same done too
Darkseid's shards in Post-Flashpoint work completely differently to his Post-Crisis self, has a new origin as revealed in the Justice League Villains Months issues, he has different powers and a completely different personality (one that's much more brutish and warlike compared to Post-Crisis) and it's also better since he's actively been getting updates between Justice League Odyssey and the Future State stuffy (which may or may not be it's own continuity)

Wonder Woman has even more evidence since not only is she a different character with a new set of powers and history; her entire New 52 History has been swept away and retconned via her Rebirth series revealing all of that was a lie concocted by Olympus and that she's never gone home to Themyscira since her new origin as told in Rebirth. Characters from her series like Ares, Zeus, Herakles and Hippolyta are likewise affected and it means all the characters we see in the New 52 like Apollo and the First Born are outright non-canon. New 52 Lobo should also be separate from his Post-Crisis and Rebirth selves since he has a new origin and I recall him being imprisoned somewhere when Rebirth Lobo came back

The only characters who don't seem retconned are the street tiers (like Batman and Deathstroke) and the Lantern Corps side of the universe since the New 52 history and (in some cases) even their Post-Crisis history seems fairly intact in the New 52.

Wonder Woman has even more evidence since not only is she a different character with a new set of powers and history; her entire New 52 History has been swept away and retconned via her Rebirth series revealing all of that was a lie concocted by Olympus and that she's never gone home to Themyscira since her new origin as told in Rebirth. Characters from her series like Ares, Zeus, Herakles and Hippolyta are likewise affected and it means all the characters we see in the New 52 like Apollo and the First Born are outright non-canon.
Ngl it is somewhat amazing that only person with a more convoluted backstory than Wonder Woman is Donna Troy

We don't tlak about Donna Troy's backstory... I will never understand her lmao

Anyway, can this be applied? Cause I have limited time today

Something similar would also apply to Amethyst as far as I know but like, I'm probably the only one here who cares about that side of th DCU so it's not a huge deal.
What should we do about his feats and scaling? Just make him equal to PFP Supes for now?

Despite being technically the New 52 Earth. I’m in support in splitting really every Rebirth Key out there as new profiles. Having all major eras of the DC Main Universe as there own pages makes things easier to follow specially in the case of the upcoming splitting of eras of the characters

this is especially true here since backscaling between eras almost never happens (see the note on Superboy Primes page about not scaling Rebirth to past Supermen)

so basically yes I agree

Despite being technically the New 52 Earth. I’m in support in splitting really every Rebirth Key out there as new profiles. Having all major eras of the DC Main Universe as there own pages makes things easier to follow specially in the case of the upcoming splitting of eras of the characters
I think Batman and the street tiers could work as keys but I don't know (I believe Bruce is stated to be faster after the Dionesium)
this is especially true here since backscaling between eras almost never happens (see the note on Superboy Primes page about not scaling Rebirth to past Supermen)
Yep

Rebirth Supes? We can just scale him to his PC self. We do that already for his abilities and resistances.

And iirc, in Annual 1 of Supes or AC, Rebirth Supes got "cleansed" so he might be slightly stronger than his PC self.
Cleansed? I'm sorry, not the heaviest comic buff (or even a buff to begin with), so what do you mean by cleansed?

To keep an extremely long story short, Rebirth Superman was slightly weaker on this new Earth and I think it was some psychological or physiological stuff that was messing with his power, so Alec (Swamp Thing) met him and "solved" that problem for him.

I think Batman and the street tiers could work as keys but I don't know (I believe Bruce is stated to be faster after the Dionesium)
I’d say even if the characters are mostly the same. Rebirth in general is (or at least was supposed to be) so different to New 52 from what’s the page to what’s going on internally at DC that putting them in one profile would be disingenous to both eras

Personally I’d only accept Rebirth Keys for characters so Minor it would be pointless to make so many profiles. Which is obviously not the case for Batman

I’d say even if the characters are mostly the same. Rebirth in general is (or at least was supposed to be) so different to New 52 from what’s the page to what’s going on internally at DC that putting them in one profile would be disingenous to both eras
Makes sense; I'd argue we should note that Rebirth and New 52 Bruce, Slade and others share histories (maybe put that on the power and abilities pages)
Personally I’d only accept Rebirth Keys for characters so Minor it would be pointless to make so many profiles. Which is obviously not the case for Batman
Yeah this is fair

Orion and Mogo's feat are both Rebirth. Also we probably have to rework New 52 scaling anyways since I question that Aquaman is consistently on Superman's level.

Yeah. Aquaman's Supes punching rebirth feat is also questionable since it takes place before annual 1 I believe.

I disagree with splitting every PFP/Rebirth page because most of the time, they're the same character who was modified slightly. Rebirth was ultimately just a oft-reboot, if we split for every soft-reboot, we'll be splitting these pages for days. That said, I'm okay with keys since the consistency has shfited between the two.

Shouldn't new 52 superman have an unknown key or 2-C key? Based on his battle with braniac tho the superman who did this feat was 5 years older since it's stated 5 years into the future.

Back