• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Swampfire vs Sceptile

But his regen is something passive and works different from Regenerator, and like, worry seed can just nulify regen like that?

Drite77 said:
But his regen is something passive and works different from Regenerator, and like, worry seed can just nulify regen like that?
All abilities are passive. If it were active then I wouldn't have brought it up as it doesn't negate/replace active abilities.

@Gyro. Yes.

If we have an Character that have two things that could work as an ability in pokemon, like Mid-High Regen and immunity to Sound Manipulation, how Worry seed would work in this case?

Immunities likely remain unless they're a result of absorption (type immunities stay like Elecric to Ground but stuff like Volt Absorb go away. Likewise, poison immunity to Poison types remain but the ability Immunity goes away).

Esit: I realize I didn't answer your question. They'd all just be replaced with Insomnia.

If anyone can prove that Sceptile can woosh Swampfire's Regenerationn away, then Sceptile should win this handily.

I think it would be better if we could resolve the Regenerationn thing before continuing with this, besides gengar, i also find this guys that also have a regen that is not linked to any of their abilities or moves, so i think that we shouldn't consider Swampfire's Regen an ability

Drite77 said:
I think it would be better if we could resolve the Regenerationn thing before continuing with this, besides gengar, i also find this guys that also have a regen that is not linked to any of their abilities or moves, so i think that we shouldn't consider Swampfire's Regen an ability
Bois, before coutinuing with the voting, let's arguee about this

Back