• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Taking another shot at Universal Guilty Gear because if you disagree on the revision, at least tell why

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShiroyashaGinSan

VS Battles
Retired
Okay. So basically, I suggested 3-A Guilty Gear before. And people said 'nah'. The problem is, they didn't said ******* why. That's why I'm taking another shot at this. Not to mention pretty much similar feat by Argosax in DMC were accepted as 3-A, I don't know why this wasn't accepted yet.

Sol and Justice, just by existing simultaneously, will erase everything in the universe by merging Backyard and the world.

Proofs that Absolute World is universe ranged. Backyard is stated to be bigger tha universe as well.

Proof that the Absolute World will destroy universe's space itself since Information Flare is just a side effect of it. Just forget about Zappa saying space-time, it's just space it's bad translation.

Argosax in DMC has a feat very similar to this and it was 3-A. This scales to Justice and Sol. Then we scale it to people who scale to them.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
This seems fine to me. Although I do wanna question who scales to who.
Everyone sans the 5-C+ ones, through there could be issues with it.

I'm not seeing any issue with it. Though there are some people that I want to rank as At least 5-C, possibly 3-A.

I-No. Since she killed Order-Sol and kept up with Sol several times.

Testament. Stated that he kept up with with his father before and fought him in the crusade. Exhausted Kliff to death in GG1.

Xrd Zato. We should make separate key for him. Blocking Bedman's blow and Bedman thinking him as legit. Fought against Slayer to train him.

Actually, my issue is basically what Shiro said. I remember I-No being somewhat of a consistent rival for Sol in the past. Then there is that one story ending in which Baiken was able to beat and kill I-No. (Brutal scene btw)

The problem is, if we fully scale her, it'll break the scaling because we scale Jack-O to other characters by using the fact that I-No with Axl fought her. Hence possible 3-A rating.

I'll also want to add some abilities ad well, tho I'm going to sleep first.

The only real problem with the Guilty Gear profiles right now is the shoddy scaling and the overall lack of explanations, but I've knew about the Backyard Lore and the characters related to it for a while.

I'm actually fine with the strongest Guilty Gear chars being 3-A, my only concern is the scaling.

Yeah, we need to list who scales to who and how they scale. Like here is the list of the God Tiers as of now, correct me if I'm wrong.

Sol, Ky, Bedman, Slayer, Dizzy, Asuka, Kliff(?), Justice, Valentine and Testament (?).

Hmm. How about this?

3-A: Sol, Justice, Ky, Sin, Universal Will, Paradigm, Izuna, Valentine, Bedman, Slayer, Gabriel, That Man, Goku Moroha Mode ABA, Venom's Teramachina System and Robo-Ky's Self-Destruction

Likely 3-A: Kliff, Raven, Haehyun, Xrd Dizzy, Moroha Mode A.B.A.

At least 5-C, possibly 3-A: Leo, Johnny, Testament, I-No, Xrd Zato-1, Xrd Chipp, Ramlethal, Elphelt. Possibly even Axl since he may be comparable to I-No and he fought Order-Sol who is probably ain't jobbing because of his temper.

That's my take on the scaling.

They have a dangerous rank, but maybe was influenced by their abilities / battle skills.

Boyo, first 9-A upgrades, now this.

Bayonetta's next in line, it seems.

Here are some new abilities I wanna propose.

Justice should get all of Cradle and Valentines' abilities. Simply because she's made of Cradle in Xrd and Valentine are all copies of her. Gamma Radiation too because duh, that's what she used to obliterate Japan.

All Japanese should get Awakened Power since they can awake their inner power to overwhelm enemies, even someone like I-No.

Information Flare should have Disease Manipulation since it made Japanese sick. Baiken should be able to resist the disease because she was quite alright.

I-No and Axl should get Creation, Enhanced Senses, Causality Manipulation and Type 3 Abstract Existence. They are made of desire to live by humanity within the backyard, Axl made clocks and stuff in dream world, Axl and I-No is said to be able to mess with causality in Accent Core and able to sense people from another dimension.

Jack-O should get dimensional travel for getting into Heaven's Edge alone. She should also have Mid-Low Regen for regenerating deep wound from Bedman.

I-No and Ramlethal should have resistance to fear since Bedman's insta kill won't work on them.

Bedman should have resistance to empathy since his dialogues in Elphelt's insta kill suggest that he resisted it to some extent.

Sol and possibly Universal Will and Jack-O have resistance to Time Manipulation for moving in Axl's stopped time.

All gears should get res to mind, soul, matter and power null. All gears are designed to be able to withstand backyard and they are able to harm people above twelve steps.

All teleporters to Backyard should get Spatial Manipulation because of how Teleportation to Backyard works. They swap the space between the dimension then returning it. Note that Paradigm explained this to the teleportation to backyard as a whole, not just for Cradle.

Universal Will should get Transmutation and BFR. She sent Elphelt and Justice to somewhere else and was turning Justice to new humanity.

People who are above twelve steps should have power null. Any kind of effects of Normal magic were nulled when used on them and any defensive spells were useless against them.

That Man should get Reality Warping, Probability Manipulation, Fate Manipulation, Law Manipulation and Physics Manipulation via Cube. With Cube and Backyard, That Man can change fundamental truths of the universe, warp it's reality and fate and make impossible possible.

Portal Creation for That Man because that's how he showed up in Overture.

Raven should get Statistics Reduction, Light Manipulation, Type 2 Immortality and Creation. His projectile can reduce speed, his overdrive create light and his taunt create spikes. Also he has type 2 because he has a literal blade stuck in his head all the time. It's real blade, it has hitbox.

Petrification for Thunderseal because Dizzy was turned into stone while sealed by it.

Any objections?

Yes. Though I wanna put Baiken there but I realized that Awakened Baiken who killed I-No didn't actually happened.

Well, we do accept alternate endings in games as long as it shows something a character could realistically do. See Under Night, KoF, Street Fighter (IIRC), etc. So as long as Awakened Baiken is not contradictory, it should be fine.

Then it should be in different key and won't scale to Xrd Ver of herself so it won't break the scaling I guess.

And also maybe Xrd Potemkin and Xrd Faust too? Faust fought Leo and kept up with him while Gabriel believed that with enough prep Potemkin can win against Bedman. Scale to At least 5-C, possibly 3-A people.

Eh, I just say that there should just be an Awakened Baiken Key. As for the other two, Faust yeah, Potemkin needs prep for that however, so 3-A with prep.

I feel that but I think it is more reasonable of a scaling than slapping outlier here and there.

I had that same problem Like that in Blazblue with Low 5-B rating probably because of the same reasoning as you with 3-A scaling if there is a legit feats that tells you otherwise, it's kinda unreasonable to not scale them.

Or we can remove Ramlethal from the scaling since the she is scaled by Self-Destruction. Scaling from Elphelt is kinda weak too. We just make her Self-Destruction Likely 3-A.

We can move Paradigm, Valentine and Izuna to Likely 3-A. We also just fuse Moroha and Goku Moroha Mode and rate it as Likely 3-A too.

Also, I'm adding the Abilities cuz no one complained.

Can we add the tiers already? I mean three different admins agreed and I think I'm the only blue that is familiar with the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back