• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Takion and Highfather Minor Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
>Obscure character from a obscure series missing their obscure abilities: *exists*

>Me:
CowabungaItIs
As you know, I'll be adding new abilities and additional justifications for these characters.

Highfather
Duplication should be Avatar Creation

Pain Manipulation: Would have created a cosmos of pure torment and placed Orion in it

Likely Empathic Manipulation: Has part of the Life Equatio in his staff

Resurrection, Homing Attack, Summoning, Teleportation, Power Absorption, Conceptual Manipulation (Type 2), Energy Manipulation, Power Nullification, Healing, Power Bestowal, Power Modification, and BFR with the Alpha Effect: The Alpha Effect is the beginning to the end that is Darkseid's Omega Effect, which never miss, are capable of counteracting and cancelling the Omega Effect, return people from the dead and BFR, heal and empower others, and remove weaknesses. Mister Miracle, with a weakened version, could heal people from near death, remove the powers of and banish Post-Crisis Black Racer, resurrect many New Gods, and drain Thor of all his powers. Should also have resistance, as containing Omega and Alpha energy requires the user to resist their powers.

Deconstruction: Disintegrated a small creature

Stealth Mastery: Sealed himself off from the Mother Boxes' senses

Power Bestowal: Gave Orion the power of the Astro-Force. Gave Takio his powers.

Additionally a note similar to what is written below should be mentioned

Note: While Highfather has a similar connection to The Source and more experience with it compared to Takio, as well as the latter being described as a avatar of his power, certain abilities of Takion's are also considered exclusive to him. Thus, while Highfather likely has many of his powers, they have not been listed here due to lack of information.

Takio
Regenerationn: Possibly Mid-Godly. Comparable to Stayne, who could return from being made unable to exist

Abstract Existence: Embodies Physics and various other energy forms.

Acausality: Type 3. Exists simultaneously in all points of time.

Resistance to Fusionism: Resisted Stayne's attempts to fuse with him

Deconstruction: Along with Highfather, used their powers to split Dessad and Orio

Highfather

• Avatar Creation: Agreed, didn't even know this was a power on the wiki
  • Pain Manipulation: Disagree because I don't think pain manipulation is self-evident here, just due to Highfather saying "of torment". I think it's likely just flowery language. The feat is currently listed as Pocket Reality Manipulation.
  • Empathic Manipulation: Disagree because, as it was written at the time, the Life Equation was just used as a flowery term for the concept of freedom and goodness. And if we actually did say he has the Life Equation as seen in modern times, it would be straight up reality warping rather than just empathic manipulation.
  • Resurrection: Disagree because none of them were dead, just BFR'd throughout time.
  • Power Absorption: Disagree, because Thor was drained of his life force, and Scott didn't gain Thor's abilities.
  • Power Modification: Agreed, this should use the instance where he modified Superboy and Supergirl.
  • Stealth Mastery: Agreed
  • Conceptual Manipulation: Agreed
  • Deconstruction: I didn't originally list that feat because there's no proof he literally disintegrated the animal. He could have just destroyed it with his energy manipulation, like a standard energy attack.
It was never stated that the Alpha Effect could counter everything the Omega Effect does, nor that the Alpha Effect requires its user to resist its powers. It would make sense, but without further proof than "Alpha is the beginning to Omega's end" I don't think those resistances are deserved.

Homing Attack, Summoning, Teleportation, Energy Manipulation, Healing, Power Bestowal, and BFR are already on the profile with scans.

Takio

• Mid-Godly: Disagree, because it was their physical bodies they can do without, the story never said anything about their souls/mind/whatever ceasing to exist.
  • Abstract Existence: I'm unsure if Takion truly qualifies, because he doesn't literally embody any sort of idea. He's just an immaterial being linked to the Source.
  • Acausality: Disagree, because the context of that scan is Takion experiencing his newfound nigh-omniscience; he's seeing the timeline. I don't think that qualifies as actual acausality but I could be wrong.
  • Resistance to Fusionism: This is currently listed as Resistance to Possession, although if people think Fusionism is more apt then this is fine.
  • Deconstruction: I was unsure if either Takion or Highfather should actually get this since they needed to both participate to do it.

While I understand a few things are already on the profile, I think it's best if the things are on separate tab hers for normal powers and the alpha force for clarity's sake.

It would be Abstract Existence (Type 3) for the abstract point

It can be both resistance to possession and fusionism, since both were occurring,

As for the Alpha Effect resistances, it could be listed as a "possibly"

Also, on the acausality point, Takion said he was in the moment itself, so it definitely sounds more like acausality.

That would make more sense for Scott, but Highfather can do most of those abilities without any mention of the Alpha Force, since he just has straight up Source manipulation. His only move that's confirmed Alpha Force is the Alpha Bullet, which doesn't really deserve a tabber all to itself. And just adding Resurrection by scaling off of Scott's feat wouldn't be enough to deserve a separate tabber either, imo.

For the resistances, my honest opinion is that a single phrase isn't enough evidence even for a "possibly", so if majority overrules me I'll just leave it at that.

Highfather already has Energy Absorption and Life Manipulation.

For Acausality, I stand by what I said about the context, since every story Takion was in would basically not make sense if he was truly acausal. After he turned off his omniscience he no longer knew what would happen at other points in time.

For Abstract Existence (Type 3), I agree. That sounds exactly like Takion's connection to the Source.

Also, powers that are duplicate (like being able to resurrect beings with or without the Alpha Force) can still be put into separate tanners even if they are the same.

Just look at Teridax

I'm not saying it can't/shouldn't be done, I'm just saying I don't see the need for it. The Alpha Effect is a very minor part of Highfather's powerset and rarely plays a role in any of his issues.

TBF, there isn't really a need for tabbed separation, it's just a quality of life thing that makes things easier.

Ehh, I still don't think it's a great idea for Highfather in particular, since the only thing he's ever used the Alpha Effect for are the Alpha Bullets. It would probably give passersby the wrong impression that the Alpha Effect is a major thing for him, when the opposite is true. I think it would be a spectacular idea for Scott Free though.

Here are some imgur albums so it stays as uncluttered as possible:

Highfather:

Resurrection (The Alpha Effect can be used to revive the dead), Conceptual Manipulation (Type 2 - Scott Free used the Alpha Effect to depower and banish the Black Racer), Stealth Mastery (Prevented a Mother Box from detecting him), Power Modification (While weakened, made Pre-Crisis Superboy and Supergirl able to ignore red solar Radiation)

Takion:

Abstract Existence (Type 3 - Is a living embodiment of the Source)

I trust the sense of judgement of PrinceOfTheMorning.

Well, what POTM accepted can probably be applied.

Okay. I will unlock them. Tell me here when you are done.

Should I lock the pages and close this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back