• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly i am not sure Natsu would have the advantage since he uses flame to fight which could do extra burninng damage, but Tatsumi uses a weapon rather then his hands if we are not talking about Tyrant form. On the other side with his tyrant form sure flight and his size would be helpful, but Natsu would do more damage to him and he can eat his fire to become stronger, thou Tatsumi has a low regen but still i guess i would go with Natsu since the fire attack from Tatsumi would make him stronger giving him a bit of advantage.

So, Natsu super high difficulty win.

Well then here are my thoughts:

Natsu holds a clear advantage at the start of the fight due to his higher AP(and possibly a further advantage if tatsumi's tyrant form counts as a dragon) though it wouldn't be enough too take down tyrantsumi due to his regen and durability. At this point Tatsumi would adapt both his tactics and to Natsu's magic (evolving a resistance to fire and/or magic, depriving Natsu of his AP advantage). from then on fight would likely play out as if Natsu had attempted to fight Dorma anim by himself ie Natsu would lose; though his loss would come over time and be due Igneel's power runing out and Tatsumi becoming used to Natsu's fighting style and attacks.

@ shadow

Tatsumi's regen is low-mid and i doubt Tatsumi would use fire on Natsu since it would make about as much sense to him as using ice on Esdeath.

Delta3000 said:
@ shadow
Tatsumi's regen is low-mid and i doubt Tatsumi would use fire on Natsu since it would make about as much sense to him as using ice on Esdeath.
Without prior knowledge Tatsumi would have to try using fire before he knows it won't work.

wait you count igneel's power too than it's a lot easier for Natsu to win i was counting simply blaze dragon king mode afterall it's not like Tatsumi adapts and gets immunity that easily he would need more time than just a simple battle not to mention dragon slayers flame burn anything and are not regular flames so it makes even harder to adapt plus Natsu's fighting style is purely full force attacking like against Zeref not to mention in his tyrant form Tatsumi would have big issues at dodging since he can't hurt Natsu with range attacks while Natsu can.

Not to mention after Esdeath cut him he didn't do anything and Esdeath is mountain AP like Natsu (for now)

@Nappa, Just because Tatsumi could breathe fire at Natsu doesn't mean he has to do so in order to deduce that an opponent who bursts into flame with no ill effects to their person will not be affected by fire.

@ shadow, we are using their strongest forms which is 'with igneel's power' for Natsu, even then Tatsumi and Natsu are still in the same tier.

Iirc Tatsumi has adapted in battle before so it isn't unreasonable to assume he could do so here.

Dragon slayer fire does not burn anything; examples of things Natsu is unable to burn include: Erza's flame empress armour, Zancrow and his own clothes (which are designed to be fireproof). Additionaly (as i said before) Tatsumi could evolve a resistance to fire or magic reducing the effectiveness of Natsu's attacks.

Natsu's 'purely full force' fighting style is a style Tatsumi has plenty of experience dealing with thanks to all the danger beasts he has fought and dodging is only an issue on the ground, if at all, since Tatsumi can fly in tyrant form and they are both at the same speed.

Tatsumi regerated from that attack and being slashed with a sword is more damaging than a fire punch so Natsu isn't going to be able to kill him that easily.

well i stick with Natsu anyway.

Natsu with igneel's power alone is mountain lvl than add mountain lvl blaze dragon king mode that's at least mountain + but it's not added since it's a one time use only. And of course he couldn't burn his clother dude is fire god slayer and he eat his magic not to mention they are same strength back in the day when against Erza he was weaker and when i said they can burn anything i was refering to amount of time it's used on an enemy, Zancrow had the advantage at being almost immune on fire,(not completly immune since it's slayers fire that can burn into anything), himself from the begininng while Tatsumi is vulnerable from the very begininng.

anyway lets just end it here we already both gave our vote.

Tatsumi should take this. Natsu can't get past his regen, and with time, Tatsumi will adapt to his attacks, at which point this stops being a fight.

@shadow

I should probably point out that the FDKM that uses Igneel's power is the absolute maximum of the mode and Natsu doesn't use his own magic while he uses igneel's; without Igneel's power Natsu needs to use his own magic to power the mode resulting in a much weaker version.

dude it's a fraction of igneel's power later combined with blaze dragon king mode when he does the last blow against Zeref (read the manga and you will see it) so it's much stronger than Natsu in simply blaze dragon king mode where he got his mountain feat.

Same difference and it doesn't change the fact that 'with igneel's power' is Natsu's strongest form; now back on topic.

Natsu had to use the power Igneel left him to even stand a chance against Zeref, a non fire resistant 7-A with low regen (though Zeref did say he would survive being decapitated), whom he couldn't kill or do any serious damage too (well none that his regen didn't take care of in about 1 second) so how does Natsu beat Tatsumi, a 7-A with low-mid regen and the ability to become resistant to Natsu's attacks; put simply he doesn't, what happens is Natsu exhausts himself and is executed by an opponent he can no longer do any significant damage too.

Tatsumi is low mid regen Zeref is a freaking immortal it's high regen written as at least low since once again there isn't a feat but since he can live even when his head is cut figures his regen tastumi on the other side needs time for regen even for simple things like a cut not to mention Zeref just stood there quietly taking that attack so figure how much stronger he really is for now it's mountaim simple because there is not a feat to show his real strength and of course Zeref can also use healing magic on himself and he regen the damage only after the battle and not during the battle so please don't confront tatsumi with an immortal.

And again tatsumi has that abilty but not in one fight especially not against special flames like that of a dragon plus if Natsu is a dragon slayer and tyrant is a dragon figure the damage boost.

anyway i won't be going in further discussion since i said all i actually had to say.

Given that Zeref only needed low regen, regardless of what his true regen level is, to heal the injuries Natsu inflicted after the fight had ended. So how is Natsu going to kill someone with low-mid regen that is always active; Tatsumi will be capable of regenerating more damage than Natsu can dish out.

Proof that Zeref can use healing magic.

As i have said before, 'IIRC Tatsumi has evolved in battle before' and i have recently read that Tatsumi can force incersio to evolve if the need arises so your point is, as far as i know, debunked. When Tatsumi evolves a resistance to fire dragon slayer magic (or just a resistance to magic) natsu's advantage will be nerfed if not outright nullified.

Tatsumi for reasons above. It won't take long for Tatsumi to adapt to Natus' biggest weapon. After, Tatsumi has range, flight, regen, intelligence and fighting style over Natsu.

Delta3000 said:
Dragon slayer fire does not burn anything; examples of things Natsu is unable to burn include: Erza's flame empress armour, Zancrow and his own clothes (which are designed to be fireproof). Additionaly (as i said before) Tatsumi could evolve a resistance to fire or magic reducing the effectiveness of Natsu's attacks.
Doesn't burn anything? Literally what? Natsu has melted steel just by touching it, has melted a whole staduim, has evaporated sand with his aura alone. Fairy Tail isn't a violent anime like AgK so it makes sense that people don't get burned, also very little blood is shown. Tatsu will boil in his own armor.

Drellix said:
Tatsumi has range, flight, regen, intelligence and fighting style over Natsu.
Tatsumi has range advantage? Not really. Natsu's fire reaches way more. And even if he adapts to it (i'll get to that later), Natsu can still boost himself with fire to reach even longer distances. Not to mention he can use fire to grab him, like Naruto's chakra hands.

Flight advantage. Another moot point. What good does flight bring when you can't reach him yourself from that distance?

Regen. That's fair. Still his regen is not good enough to sustain him for long.

Intelligence. Highly debatable. Tatsumi hasn't been training long with Night Raid and his training in his village is subpar at best. Natsu has way more experience and fights under his belt.

Fighting style. Natsu is more unpredictable than Tatsumi by far. He can scream his ears off for distraction and possibly severely hurting him. Also this brings me back to my previous point. Natsu has way fought way more different opponents that Tatsu has, so his fighting style is more refined.

Now regarding Tatsu's adaption. It definitely is not instant and not nearly as NLF as you people try to sell it as. It takes it several instances of exposure to develop a resistance. And resistance doesn't mean immunity,

ScarletFirefly said:
Now regarding Tatsu's adaption. It definitely is not instant and not nearly as NLF as you people try to sell it as. It takes it several instances of exposure to develop a resistance. And resistance doesn't mean immunity,
Evolved Tatsumi > Winged Tatsumi > Winged Tatsumi with thicker armor > Winged Tatsumi with a 4-bladed spear > Tyrantsumi

That's all in one fight with barely any time in-between. Tatsumi willed it so and Tyrant grants it at the cost of further merging between them. Though considering they're already merged as Tatsumi was never shown to deactivate Incursio after gaining dragon form (and having children afterwards with Mine), he's no longer limited by Tyrant consuming his consciousness.

Um, wait. If I'm not missing something, didn't Esdeath who's likely Mountain level put Tyrantsumi out of commission just by stabbing him? Or did he choose not to fight himself? I can't remember.

^You're using very bad examples for that. Erza's armor cuts the effectivenes of the flames in half and back then Natsu was severely weaker than her. Also Zancrow isn't damaged by his flames since he can eat them.

Natsu has shown time and time again his burning abilities are impressive. He has broken out of Gray's flash freezing like it was nothing and Gray's Ice is super effective against him.

^ IIRC it was stated back then that a sufficiantly enraged Natsu would be a match for Erza. Besides if Tyrantsumi developed a 50% resistance to fire that would put Natsu at a disadvantage especially when it came to his ranged attacks. Zancrow never affected by Natsu's flames even when he didn't eat them.

And here comes the dead horse i apparently have to keep beating; Tatsumi could evolve heat res, he would be getting more than enough stimulus from Natsu to cause an evolution. It was Invel's flash freeze he broke out of and IIRC Gray has never flash frozen him (Silver did though and Natsu had to be freed from that).

Scarlet you're wrong about his adaption. It takes only one enounter for him to adapt and it's instantaneous.

Not as knowledgeable about Akame ga kill as I'd like (considering I've read the whole thing) but if he's adaptation is as instantaneous as u say y didn't incursio (the dragon part and the part in charge of adapting) immediately adapt to Akame attempting to kill it? And isn't it more likely than not that the whole "in the blink of an eye" thing hyperbole? If I'm remembering clearly he never adapted to everything he could still be harmed.

He did adapt twice IIRC against Shikoutazer, but he was able to get a good shot in when Waver helped him. And that was the spot he later pierced through. If it wasn't for that weak spot, the battle would've flown differently.

^this supports my argument; because he can adapt doesn't immediately mean he'll be superior to his opponent, just better suited to fight them.

It is a cool ability but it's kinda hard to gauge in a hypothetical fight because there are technically no limits to it and we are left but with theories.

Well, I don't think adapting to Natsu's abilities will be a problem for him but Tatsumi breathes fire which will boost Natsu and his bigger size will make it easier for Natsu to hit him and possibly incapacitate him like Esdeath did. If Natsu wasn't getting upgraded, I would put more thought into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back