• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Teen Titans: Downgrade!

DMUA

He/Him
VS Battles
Calculation Group
Hey, it's a better follow up then Go

Either way, this was recently found to be incredibly inflated, due to bad conversions.

As we know, the Calculations page tells us a Cubic Meter is equal to 1000000 Cubic Centimeters, considering that there are 3 extra directions for a meter to cover, and that much space a centimeter would have to fill in, which was not used in the Calculation. Using it, the proper volume is 11840.6330708.

Not to mention, it just assumed concrete in general, when it's easy to use this to get something a bit more on point.

28% Cement: 3315.377259824 Meters

42% Sand: 4973.065889736 Meters

84% Granite: 9946.131779472 meters

Using density of all of these materials (1250, 2650 and 2700), that's a combined weight of 4144221.57478+13178624.6078004+26854555.8045744 Kilograms, which totals to 44177401.9871548 Kilograms.

Now, speed is 22.8 meters per second, and acceleration is (19)/(.83^2), 27.36.

.5×44177401.9871548×22.8^2 and 44177401.9871548×27.36 makes for....

KE' 11482590324.501275616 Joules, 2.74440495327468 Tons of TNT, Large Building level

FMA:
1208693718.368555328 Newtons, 123210368.8449088 Kilograms of Force, Class M

Now, not everyone who's Low 7-C is going to High 8-C. Raven and Terra still have their feats, and an angry Raven can barely stagger Herald Slade. But, Herald Slade won't be 7-C off it.

Edit: Ant got grump and this was noted to be using broken percentages (along with what the numbers came from itself)

not wrong no downgrade in existence is as bad as Go

anyways guess this looks fine will wait for more input

yeah

Also holey fork we should fix Terra's profile

I can't because I never got my hands on anything past Season 1 but

So swinging a large building...

...is Large Building level.

Who'd have guessed?

Real talk, I'll give this a legitimate response in a bit.

DMUA I found a website that seems to have all the episodes send me a PM or something and I'll send you a link

So now that I'm looking at this more fully, it seems fine.

Prior to the upgrade, Cyborg & co. were already at Large Building level for...well, this exact feat. So the change is just us reverting the profiles back to before, albeit with an actual calc in place this time around.

Trigon Slade and Raven going back down to Low 7-C should also be fine. However, human Slade and Beast Boy need their justifications changed if they're going to be downgraded, since both of their profiles mention them going up against Terra. That justification kneecaps our scaling, since comparing to Terra would put them in the same league as Raven. (Which they definitely aren't.)

I think Raven and Terra should be High 8-C physically and Low 7-C with their powers as they're usually harmed by those comparable to the weaker Titans.

wait

this means that Slade is kicked out of 7-C doubles

which means Ness and Wither win by default

I CAN ******* FINALLY END THE DAMN THING

Bump.

Can someone else help evaluate this so that we can see if anything else needs to be done?

It is strongly against our standards to do so, and several wrongs do not make a right. We post calculations in blogs, then the calc group evaluates them, and if they are accepted, they can be linked to in profiles. As a part of this community, you have to follow our conventions.

Something not being wrong or problematic makes a right. There isn't really anything bad about just linking a thread where a calculation is made, so long as the calculation is correct.

I'd assume you'd have figured this much considering you've only gotten on top of this 1/4 times.

@DMUA

We will not suddenly change our standards on your say-so. The blog format is much more convenient for the calculation format, and is also possible to index with related categories. I would appreciate if you do not start any problems, and simply follow our conventions like everybody else, especially given that you wish to join the calc group. Thank you.

In addition, the forums will eventually be migrated to the Discussions module, which will make the format even more unsuitable for hosting calculations.

Antvasima said:
You're overreacting, man.

Blogs are plenty convinent for making calculations, but, when you already have the calculation on a thread, there is literally nothing added if you just copy paste to a blog post. Which is why, literally no problems have arisen from Ainz having his calc be in a link to a thread (Which it has been for like, 2 years now. It's not sudden whatsoever, people have already done this because it's not actually problematic beyond not having categories (Which isn't really an issue considering you can directly link it all the same)

As King said it doesn't really make a difference

I can make the blog, but I'm just saying, you're kinda making a mountain out of a thread link.

Edit: Oh yeah, Fandom exists

We used to occasionally make an exception for off-wiki calculations from the Narutoforums that needed evaluations here, but we still have our standards, and you suddenly willfully ignoring them would set a bad precedent.

Thank you for being reasonable about following our regulations/conventions. I hope that you will permanently follow them in the future as well, and not make an issue of this again.

You can ask here for evaluations of the blog:

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/2516175

A bad precident would be upholding these ideas via profiles that are your responsibility.

If you really think this means so much, you should be contacting Kepekley about getting Lapis Lazuli's calc on a blog, along with ArbitraryNumbers about getting Funny Valentine's feat on a blog.

I obviously agree that it would be best if they do so, but I am extremely busy/overworked.

Perhaps MrKingOfNegativity would be willing to talk with them for me?

I always suspected this feat of being inaccurate. I once tried calculating a skyscarper moving at sonic speeds which came out around the same range as this feat of moving a normal sized building at superhuman speed.

@MrKingOfNegativity

Thank you for the help.

Has the blog calulation been evaluated yet?

As Ugarik said, the calculation just needs a minor adjustment. After that it can be used.

I will also try to talk with Kepekley and Arbitrary later today.

I have now asked Kepekley and Arbitrary to move their calculations to blog posts.

Is somebody willing to apply these changes?

Back