• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tekken CRT Part 1: speed and weight

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have set standards on how the site treats light constructs and beams of light, so, that's not really a good argument. Soooooooooo.......

Calling me as such will get you a warning, not me, didnt even adress you with any name call unlike you did now the whole thread

You still failed to give anything against me, your baseless words with just assumptions dont equal proof

Its light from a star which burns as flames from the arm to fire a beam or ray of light, from where is a ray or beam of light classified as an object, weapon or construct and rays or beams of light naturally travel at light speed, the argument of throwing it has no meaning when he doesnt toss with his arm or throws it at all for that matter

Let alone the premise of the character shooting such a thing to be in actuality slower then light against someone with rela speed and scaling from a character below him that has a light reaction feat too, you try to make an attack having no speed instead of the most logical thing, being used in a battle where by your notion would be making it 100% dodgeable then

The previous staff agreements were more then enough input to settle, this aint called input what you did, its called nitpicking and double standards and lack of understanding with false so called "counters"

"Weapons or constructs of light naturally travel at light speed"

No

List the staff that commented here, I'll tag them again, to see what they think of my objections

Yeah, this isn't a ray of light but a projectile being created out of light, so it ain't important.

C'mon, list the staff members who commented here.

SoL pasta exorcist is a no no. Going back to the scan you posted, it actually says that he relies on the power of Sirius, which is described as "the holy spirit of the brightest star in the sky", not the the star itself. Makes more sense with their backgrounds as exorcists who rely on spiritual aspects to fight evil, rather than stuff usually reserved for cosmic level characters.

Not to mention the move already breaks one important criteria: Claudio's starburst moves are actually tangible. When you get hit by this move in gameplay, your character will react as if they were hit by a physical attack. Light itself can't be tangibly interacted with, although it does have reactions on physical objects that don't involve touching it. Even if we were to not consider gameplay, you would be left with a void where Claudio's starburst feat doesn't exist at all, besides a lore statement about his power that says nothing about lightspeed Claudio.

EA seems to make sense to me. Thank you for helping out.

My god......
Yeah, this isn't a ray of light but a projectile being created out of light, so it ain't important.
Its a ******* ray/beam, stop with this damn head canon already
SoL pasta exorcist is a no no. Going back to the scan you posted, it actually says that he relies on the power of Sirius, which is described as "the holy spirit of the brightest star in the sky", not the the star itself. Makes more sense with their backgrounds as exorcists who rely on spiritual aspects to fight evil, rather than stuff usually reserved for cosmic level characters.
Which is associated with the star and Claudio even having blue flames which literally what the brightest stars IRL have, let aline the rest pointing out to be actual light
Not to mention the move already breaks one important criteria: Claudio's starburst moves are actually tangible. When you get hit by this move in gameplay, your character will react as if they were hit by a physical attack. Light itself can't be tangibly interacted with, although it does have reactions on physical objects that don't involve touching it. Even if we were to not consider gameplay, you would be left with a void where Claudio's starburst feat doesn't exist at all, besides a lore statement about his power that says nothing about lightspeed Claudio.
This is another crap debunk which i cant believe you would even pull out as a reason, a laser/beam/ray or anything alike hitting something its fired at by your logic makes any light related feats go out of the window, you want light to go through them or what?

The characters themselves hit by it dont ever touch it, which is what would be a criteria against it, not that light hits them, thats just desperation by now
EA seems to make sense to me. Thank you for helping out.
You are honestly joking with me now, cuz i feel like im being joked with by this point, you literally accept anything against this, but anything pro on it you have doubts for whatever reason, now you also take a regular member word too
You should preferably collaborate with Armorchompy.
I dont have anything to cooperate with such an individual which retorts to name calling and stubborn to understand something

Chill out

Nothing suggests that it's a ray or a beam, and no one is making headcanon about it but you. Technically it is a ray by definition, but not the kind of ray that makes it actual light by our standards, which are all based on IRL physics. You may say that this power comes from the star Sirius, but the guide says that it manifests in his right arm. Which means that the light based attack comes from his physical being, not the Sirius star itself which only acts as his power source.

Mere association doesn't do much to prove that it's light. So many characters would have poor ratings and statistics with that kind of reasoning. And you just ignored the very scan that you posted here yourself. Might as well quote it here to remind you about it, so take some time to mull over the bold parts:
He is also able to call upon the power of Sirius, a holy spirit of the brightest star in the sky, which glows in blue flame. Claudio keeps the spirit contained to his right arm, which is marked by tattered black fabric.

That's not what I meant about tangible light. You can't touch light, but it can't pass through you either. It also can't knock you back, which is already a physical interaction. No matter how strong a light from a light source is, it will never be able to blast you away. You could argue explosions do that, but it's the wave of force that does that, not the light that comes from it. If Claudio's power were real light, he'd hypothetically shoot an arrow (preferably a beam that travels very fast and not a projectile) that doesn't knock people back but rather blinds and scorches them without the victim stumbling back from the force.

Before you bring it up, I've seen many light attacks actually knock people back in fiction, but unlike this feat, most of them actually pass the criteria for real light which outnumbers that one instance of the light making a very physical interaction. Fiction breaks physics most of the time for cool factor, but it still remains anchored in reality to make sense. And please don't try to bring up other feats from fiction, because this isn't a thread where we just downgrade everything related to it just because you brought it up.

Even more head canon like always

1) Sirius is literally the personification of it in history and the light its Sirius light, it even says there its the holy spirit of that star, from where would Sirius to begin with have light power out of which the character uses it after hm? It glows, which is literally what light does, as in blue flames, which is literally what a real star like has as well

He says its light and the name also ny definition says this along them

2) this just non sensical babbling which serves no basing and its not even a debunk at all and not even the same thing as the criteria you try comparing it to in the slightest

Also i can bring other feats whenever i want, this double standard shit its ridiculous and when called out none bothers to adress it, you cant have some cases be fine and others not but whatever one fels like it

Alright, this is getting repetitive, I repeat my arguments, and you throw pages of ad hominem at me. And you still refuse to provide a list of the staff members who've previously agreed with this feat. Am I gonna have to look through the whole thread myself?

Last edited:
Hard for you to look on 1st page near end to see yourself aint it?

If you were a decent staff you wouldnt retort to name calling and headcanony bullshit, let alone blame others and victimize yourself

Lordgriffin, Kingtempest and Quasi are the 3 staffs, lazybones

Agree with most.
Neural but probably leaning to disagreeing in regards to Claudio (I mean I get both sides here, and tbh I'm not entirely against it being treated as lightspeed, but by wiki standards it's only meeting the most flimsy qualifications and doesn't quite hit any of the solid ones). Though I don't really have issue with the "dude gets hit by beam, reacts as if it's a physical hit", that's probably just game mechanics, but given the lack of corroborating evidence to suggest hard lightspeed for it, eh.
Would need a calc on the LS stuff, but chances are it's around the proposed results, so I agree, but still.

Also for future reference lads, in case anyone doesn't know, just a fun fact, in regards to things like satellites and other such things that hover around earth in a similar fashion, the logical base assumption would be 34,000km, that's around when geosynchrous orbit starts, it's also where NASA has the vast majority of the satellites due to that very reason, it's kinda where things like that HAVE to go. Which I'm just pointing out due to the new distance in those calcs from the games, that distance is actually extremely logical and consistent with irl examples, I'd wager they knew exactly what they were doing there. I also point this out because I've seen a handful of calcs use things like 100km for distances that should be 34,000km+ (Which I know sounds completely ridiculous, but it actually do be like that).

Since I'm here, I'm fine with the other points in OP save for light based attacks for Claudio. I'm not familiar with what's canon in Tekken, but that Mokujin monster really needs a calc. Baseline Class K is underselling the size of it imo

So have all the suggested changes here except for lightspeed been accepted so far?

Back from work.

Looking over the arguments, Armorchompy issues regarding it being a light construct are legitimate.

In this video, at the beginning, we can see him construct the arrow and physically release it. While the attack is created from the spirit of the star and light is connected to it, this doesn't correlate to the attack moving at light speed by default. This is why one of the standards for light/lightspeed is it being stated to be lightspeed by a credible source. Our light/lightspeed standards are pretty strict in this regard which is why you'd need about 3 of the criteria to get a pass.

Personally I think it's possible which is why I said "possibly/likely" could work. However this isn't really something we do to my knowledge, either we accept it as legitimate light/lightspeed or we don't. In the opening post it says

Since I'm here, I'm fine with the other points in OP save for light based attacks for Claudio. I'm not familiar with what's canon in Tekken, but that Mokujin monster really needs a calc. Baseline Class K is underselling the size of it imo
Good luck finding a size on him or a view to get an aprox, if you really want to give it a try, be my guest

Thank you to Griffin and Tempest for helping out.

You can still apply the other revisions that have been accepted here though.

Okay. I will close this then. Thank you for helping out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back