• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tenchi Muyo Downgrade (Remove Tier 1)

Rabbit2002

She/Her
Tenchi Muyo really have problems with its Tiers, specially Dimensionality
The description of Higher dimensions
"Created and transcends all of the known multiverse with her sisters, and said multiverse possesses at least 20 dimensions, with the higher ones being a theoretical impossibility to the ones below and overcoming their laws of physics" From Tokimi's profile
Look at the scans, all of these doesn't mean Higher dimension is infinity superior to lower dimension at all, just mean they have resistance to the laws and physics of lower dimensions (resistance to law and physics manipulation at very best)
So i guess The Multiverse should be downgrade to 2-A because higher dimension doesn't have any superiority to lower dimension beside resistance its laws and that's all of it. Also 2A statement
This will affect all God tiers include Tenchi Misaki, The Chousin (Washu , Tsunami, Tokimi), Counter-Actor and The Ds. All of them will be downgrade to 2A because embodies Multiverse (The Ds, but they don't have any scans for this so at worst their profile will be nuke or downgrade to Unknown), Create Multiverse and being omnipresent in it (The Chousin) and scale to these beings (Counter-Actor), exist as Strongest being in Verse

Have you ever read Tenchi Muyo?
I am just curious
Cause I can gather two things from this
1. You don’t really know the series
2. You don’t really understand this part of the tiering system

Anyway
"Created and transcends all of the known multiverse with her sisters, and said multiverse possesses at least 20 dimensions, with the higher ones being a theoretical impossibility to the ones below and overcoming their laws of physics"
This is enough to grant them the tier

Disagree

Don't agree with the downgrade, however, my reason is:
  • The page lack of explanation, especially for a verse like this, it NEEDS a cosmology explanation page.
  • Profiles are extremely vague (For example: 20 dimensions, yeah, sure, but how BIG it is? What kind of universal theory that these dimension based on?)
Also this image link is dead.
You really don't want another Demonbane case, because from what i have seen, this verse can potentially be nuked due to poor explanation and lack of crucial information.

I personally think that the previous massive downgrade that we subjected this series to is sufficient. It seems appropriately tiered now.

However, we just banned QuasiYuri for very inappropriate conduct, DarkLK is not active in our wiki nowadays, and I don't remember the specifics very well anymore, so there may not be any sufficiently knowledgeable members available right now.

Don't agree with the downgrade, however, my reason is:
  • The page lack of explanation, especially for a verse like this, it NEEDS a cosmology explanation page.
  • Profiles are extremely vague (For example: 20 dimensions, yeah, sure, but how BIG it is? What kind of universal theory that these dimension based on?)
Also this image link is dead.
You really don't want another Demonbane case, because from what i have seen, this verse can potentially be nuked due to poor explanation and lack of crucial information.
The image is still there, but may need to have the link to it updated:

yeah, just my opinion, but the pages really need a proper explanation, someone should write a cosmology blog as base to scale the characters.

yeah, just my opinion, but the pages really need a proper explanation, someone should write a cosmology blog as base to scale the characters.
Well, QuasiYuri provided the latest downgrade revision, and he is banned now. However, the cosmology does not seem very complicated to me. I am not sure if a cosmology explanation page is necessary. The most relevant information should still be mentioned in the character profile pages (and the verse page, if I remember correctly).

It appeared to me to be like how Lord Whis incident went with simply no longer liking the site then proceeding to leave while also insulting many and doing trolling out of spite, but either way, derailing.

Have you ever read Tenchi Muyo?
I am just curious
Cause I can gather two things from this
1. You don’t really know the series
2. You don’t really understand this part of the tiering system

Anyway

This is enough to grant them the tier

Disagree
1/ Watched the series since years ago (3,4 years iirc. But it's long time so i don't remember much)
2/ I literally have a conversation with Ultima and Agnaa about "Alephs downplay" for 1As and above that literally no one realized before, Two of them agree with me about that part and consider my own explanation is accurate
But yeah ignore this. I don't have complete knowledge of entire tiering system, so if that part allow tier 1 by itself. Then i'm fine with that

I think it may be worth at least pinging Agnaa, I'd also say the same for Ultima but we all know he's too busy, unless this ends up requiring his input.

1/ Watched the series since years ago (3,4 years iirc. But it's long time so i don't remember much)
2/ I literally have a conversation with Ultima and Agnaa about "Alephs downplay" for 1As and above that literally no one realized before, Two of them agree with me about that part and consider my own explanation is accurate
But yeah ignore this. I don't have complete knowledge of entire tiering system, so if that part allow tier 1 by itself. Then i'm fine with that
How does having a conversation with Ultima and Agnaa about Alephs relevant to this thread?

ANyway the verse Dimension qualifies for a R>F diff (It is not R>F but it is similar)
I will resend the scans later on

Personally I find the whole higher dimensions argument above okay. Not the strongest argument, and more suitable for a likely. But it seems fine enough by my opinion.

Whoa holy shit this is a massive misrepresentation.

Firstly, we know that this sort of thing exists in the tiering system, very similar stuff was briefly discussed when the tiering system was being moved to a more mathematical basis.

Secondly, while you accurately describe the maths and could create a coherent tiering system out of that, placing fiction into a mathematical construct requires a lot of interpretation and equalization, such as saying that reality-fiction jumps are the same as adding one large dimension. Your point about "alephs downplay" is just disagreeing with us equalizing jumps in that layer to an increase of an aleph. That does not meant that our tiering system is flawed, it does not mean that verses need to be downgraded because of it. We made this choice on purpose because a tiering system where any mention of cardinals above aleph-5 would put a verse above every series on the site that doesn't sounds like a bad system.

Us saying "Yeah you're accurately pointing out something in the maths" does not mean that we agree with your greater point, nor that we think your explanation is accurate to the site as it operates.

Anyway, onto the topic of the thread, I've had some vague familiarity with Tenchi Muyo in the past, and I believe it was revised after the change to our tiering system which made higher tiers through higher dimensions more difficult to achieve. It doesn't seem like you're treading new ground here, it more seems like you're just misunderstanding the system.

all of these doesn't mean Higher dimension is infinity superior to lower dimension at all

Which is not the only way that higher dimensions can qualify. They can also qualify by being temporal, by being very large (at least on the scale of the observable universe), or by there being infinitely many of them. I'd expect that Tenchi Muyo qualifies by them being large.

Whoa holy shit this is a massive misrepresentation.

Firstly, we know that this sort of thing exists in the tiering system, very similar stuff was briefly discussed when the tiering system was being moved to a more mathematical basis.

Secondly, while you accurately describe the maths and could create a coherent tiering system out of that, placing fiction into a mathematical construct requires a lot of interpretation and equalization, such as saying that reality-fiction jumps are the same as adding one large dimension. Your point about "alephs downplay" is just disagreeing with us equalizing jumps in that layer to an increase of an aleph. That does not meant that our tiering system is flawed, it does not mean that verses need to be downgraded because of it. We made this choice on purpose because a tiering system where any mention of cardinals above aleph-5 would put a verse above every series on the site that doesn't sounds like a bad system.

Us saying "Yeah you're accurately pointing out something in the maths" does not mean that we agree with your greater point, nor that we think your explanation is accurate to the site as it operates.

Anyway, onto the topic of the thread, I've had some vague familiarity with Tenchi Muyo in the past, and I believe it was revised after the change to our tiering system which made higher tiers through higher dimensions more difficult to achieve. It doesn't seem like you're treading new ground here, it more seems like you're just misunderstanding the system.

all of these doesn't mean Higher dimension is infinity superior to lower dimension at all

Which is not the only way that higher dimensions can qualify. They can also qualify by being temporal, by being very large (at least on the scale of the observable universe), or by there being infinitely many of them. I'd expect that Tenchi Muyo qualifies by them being large.
oh yeah, sorry for this
Anyway aleph part is irrelevant at all
So we shouldn't talk more about it here

Okay. No problem.

Is somebody here willing and able to write a relatively brief cosmology explanation page for the verse, or do you also think that I should close this thread now?

Thank you. The manga is a separate continuity from the anime though, and we only feature the main Tenchi Muyo Ryo-Ohki OVA anime and canon novels continuity in our wiki. There have been several unrelated spin-off anime continuities.

Thank you. The manga is a separate continuity from the anime though, and we only feature the main Tenchi Muyo Ryo-Ohki OVA anime and canon novels continuity in our wiki. There have been several unrelated spin-off anime continuities.
I will follow you guidelines in this message and wont use the non-canon continuity. I will get it done by weekend

Thank you. I appreciate it.

The two other current staff members in the Tenchi Muyo wiki have dramatically improved on its factual information quality over the last 1 to 2 years, so you can investigate there if you wish.

Back