• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm if the battle is within the Dark Dimension then Dormammu stomps. If it is outside the DD then Thanos would win if he has the IG.

But I put my money on Dormammu he did defeat Multi-Eternity, right?

Dormammu doesn't make any sense. One moment he defeats Multi-Eternity, and the next he is being stomped by Frankenstein's Monster or Cyclops. Marvel as a whole doesn't make any sense. Basically Thanos should logically be less than bacteria to a higher-dimensional entity of Dormammu's caliber, but since he has popularity on his side, most writers would likely let him win, since he is the cosmic version of Batman.

Logically, yes. Thanos shouldn't stand a chance even with the Infinity Gauntlet, but Marvel doesn't care about logic for matchups.

Preparation shouldn't matter against an entity who is logically so far above you thst you have less substance than a dream or a drawing.

Well, strange managed to fight him, and Dr strange is only universe+ At his best. And the dormmamu needed help and prep time and his best spells to defeat the multi entity. All I'm saying is thanos has a chance here.

Doctor Strange being able to fight a higher-dimensional entity despite only demonstrating universe level+ feats is also extremely illogical. Then again, given that Multi-Eternity is 16-dimensional, and Dormammu considerably less higher-dimensional, his victory over the entity was also highly illogical. So again, there almost isn't any point to try to list Marvel characters by power level, as it almost always boils down to "whoever the writer wants to win, wins, no matter how little sense it makes".

You don't have to get confused by Marvel's powerscalling all the time.

Just list the high-end feats and see what's better when making Marvel cosmic battles like DC.

Antvasima said:
Basically Thanos should logically be less than bacteria to a higher-dimensional entity of Dormammu's caliber, but since he has popularity on his side, most writers would likely let him win, since he is the cosmic version of Batman.
Thanos is a memetic badass? This is the first I've heard of this.

Well, that is my impression at least.

Well, if we compare them at their peaks, Thanos should have no substance whatsoever compared to Dormammu, but Marvel matchups usually run on popularity and the whims and favouritism of the writers, not power levels. If we ignore that however, yes Dormammu should annihilate Thanos with a casual thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back