• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

That's a big weapon - Guts vs Legate Lanius

Legate:

+ AP Advantage

Guts:

--

Moot Points:

• Both are equally as skilled, generally speaking
Verdict:

Legate. Guts has no useful abilities aside from AP (worse than Legate's) and skill (equal). Guts has theoretical range advantage with weaker weapons like his crossbow, but ultimately Legate is superior.

Was just clicking recent pages and saw a match. Sorry.

Why are you sorry? I wasn't complaining, actually kinda like this match.

Anyway, Guts is 20 tons, Legate is 62, that's an over 3x advantage in favor of Legate and he has his own incredibly strong form of armor, but their basically equal in every other category but skill, which Inwoukd give the slight advantage over to Guts in that department.

Still. Legate's 3x AP versus Guts being somewhat more skilled makes me lean heavily towards Legate.

Actually.....

Guts's Feat constantly gets recalled

At one point it was 40, then 20, then 11

Depending on the difference this is either more even or a stomp

Someone needs to see what it is

I wouldn't call it a stomp at any value, just more or less a conclusive victory for Legate. None of that is inherently one-shot, and Guts does have a win condition.

11 Tons vs 62 Tons is an over 5.5x difference.

Guts can't even danage him at that value

So yes, it is a stomp at that value.

And there's even a possible High 8C calc of the feat making it even worse.

> Guts can't even danage him at that value

We don't have an established value for one-shot. I've heard it told at 2x to 20x. So yes, he can damage him.

There was a thread a while back where the general consensus seemed to be 1.5x is enough to curbstomp and tank all attacks.

Hence why the One-Shot page says we have no official value. So please, this is a purposeless point.

No it doesn't, just hugely unlikely. The fact that people just point at an advantage and says "stomp" bothers me.

Guts can harm Legate. Guts does have a win condition. This is not a stomp. This is what one calls a decisive victory.

What is the absolute best case scenario for Guts to win that doesn't involve Legate Jobbing?

It's one MASSIVE advantage, and Legate's Durability is higher then his AP making it even less likely Guts can hurt him.

Legate can take Anti Tank rounds to the face from the Courier using strength AMPs

What can Guts do against that?

Not much. But he does have win conditions. He is more skilled than Legate, and has range advantage via some weapons. Legate wins almost every match, but a Stomp is a match in which one character simply cannot and never will win, which is not the case here.

On a wiki where one hax often decides an instant victory and is not a stomp, how is this any more of a stomp?

His CrossBow doesn't scale to his 8B attacks and thus is Berzerk Guts so he's literally never going to use it

Skill doesn't make you punch harder, and this Guts is borderline mindless

This one is mindless? Thought that was Berserk Armor one.

Oh.

Shit why is this Golden Age.

Okay yeah this is a stomp and needs changed, though I'm assuming that was a mistake on OP's part.

Oh.

Funny that Legate got upgraded to the same tier as Guts' other form.

Then yeah this needs closed. Or updated, OP's choice.

Back