• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Battle of Scissors! Ryuko vs Scizor!

Ryuko vs Scizor

Ryuko Matoi VS Scizor

BATTLE CONDITIONS:

This Scizor is aware of Ryuko's weaknesses

Speed is equalized

Starting distance is 10 meters

Battle is in a Pokemon League battlefield

Both are in-character

Win is via any method

Ryuko vs Scizor

First off, I love that art.

Secondly, Scizor is stronger, resists swords, and is basically guaranteed to do the double sided thing given that he's well...scissor bug.

To be fair, Ryüko is ridiculously above baseline Mountain level characters, so i'd say that the AP is probably even

Im gonna say this, it being an animal and its own profile shows it having average intellgence. Now Ryuko herself is brash and hot headed, Senketsu would be able to help with his level headedness in strategizing against the creature. Im not saying it would give her the win, but the possible difference in intelligence would make for a unique matchup.

FateAlbane said:
What can Scizor do to get past her regen? Not voting, more like wondering.

its name is literally based off the name scissor and it and its pre evolution have very sharp limbs. its japanese name is a corruption of Hassamu which means "to snip" or "to clip"

That's literally assuming Scizor would spam X Scissor from the get go as if it knows of Ryuko's weakness and also that Ryuko will stay put reflecting the deeds of her life while her opponent cuts her in such a fashion.

Matches that put one side on the advantage from the start by giving prior knowledge.

Why even. Well, if that's the case, carry on.

Scizor spams X Scissor from the get go and wins since that's the OP.

A Ryuko battle in which people can't say "he/she can't get past her regen".

Vote for Scizor the coolest pokemon via Cal's explanation.

Complaining about a character's regen is like asking for a Reality Warper not to use it. rofl

Like "I dislike that people are arguing based on the best ability this character has."

What sense does that even make?

FateAlbane said:
Complaining about a character's regen is like asking for a Reality Warper not to use it. rofl
I just underline the fact it's the reason from 95% of Ryuko's battle it's not a complain. (I also like her character)

@Fate

Actually it's because it's like the only thing that people discuss during Ryüko threads.

Even if they don't comment the one time when it isn't the case

Put it this way: "Can they get past her regen?" Is a more than fair enough argument to start the discussion with because otherwise the regenerator ultimately wins in a battle of attrition or stalemates, no matter if it's Ryuko or whoever else.

Back