• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Basically all of them, it isn't dependent on power but intelligence. At least until we make the bestiary and separate the demon physiology page.

Demons like Nightmare, nobodies, sin scissors, scarecrows, empusas, and any other demon with animalistic/mindless behavior that can't communicate in any form don't get this.

Vergil learning to read it in a few hours when Arkham took ten years is also a significant intelligence feat for Vergil, and also an accelerated development feat. That is mentioned, but it adds more on top of the language skills.

That does kind of tie in with hybrids' accelerated development. It obviously applies to their ability to learn skills and process information as well. After all, Dante did teach himself to fly a bi-plane in a couple minutes, literally while in the process of flying it to escape a collapsing island. There's also his detective skills that allow him to read people. Vergil and Dante's feats should scale to each other too. Even Nero supposedly designed his Blue Rose pistol and possibly even built it.

That does kind of tie in with hybrids' accelerated development. It obviously applies to their ability to learn skills and process information as well. After all, Dante did teach himself to fly a bi-plane in a couple minutes, literally while in the process of flying it to escape a collapsing island. There's also his detective skills that allow him to read people. Vergil and Dante's feats should scale to each other too. Even Nero supposedly designed his Blue Rose pistol and possibly even built it.
It obviously scales to Dante (with Dante being more of a scholar than Vergil later in life). Not so sure about Nero since he is more human and his stuff doesn't really kick in as much as it does for Vergil (let alone Dante who has the best feats in the series).

Of course Nero is smarter than the average so...

It obviously scales to Dante (with Dante being more of a scholar than Vergil later in life).
Really? I know he reads ancient literature and is a detective, correctly reading people who are intentionally hiding their true natures, but is he actually a better scholar than Vergil?
Dante who has the best feats in the series
Which feats do you mean? Vergil mastering demon language better in mere hours than Arkham did in ten years is quite a feat. I know Dante has the bi-plane feat and the fighting styles feats, learning what would normally take years in a matter of seconds. Are there others I've forgotten about?
Of course Nero is smarter than the average so...
Yeah, he has a feat unmatched by Dante or Vergil: getting the girl.

The guy reads a ton in his free time, obviously noticeable in the games by the amount of books he has lying around in his office. Deadly fortune also has a little scene when he reaches the castle library and he starts reading and says something like if he wasn't on the job he would probably end up reading everything.

Basically every skill/fighting feat belongs to Dante and Vergil scales because reasons. Specifically I meant his reactive evolution as he has shown to have one stronger than his brother even getting strong enough to defeat him several times (DMC5 ending included) while Vergil has always been left in the dust. He also realized how dire the situation with Nero and the Savior was and understood how Yamato was the only thing that could save him due to its nature (something that Vergil has only done in 5) alongside realizing the nature of his own sword. Also as you said he learns stuff in seconds (driving, flying, fighting, etc). As a bonus he has the beastheads powers (even if he doesn't use them or acknowledge them) so he pretty much should be nigh omniscient :v

I mean, Dante got several of them he just got back stabbed by all of them so...

The guy reads a ton in his free time, obviously noticeable in the games by the amount of books he has lying around in his office. Deadly fortune also has a little scene when he reaches the castle library and he starts reading and says something like if he wasn't on the job he would probably end up reading everything.
Yeah, I did know he was a big reader. Even Nero comments that he didn't figure Dante for a bookworm after seeing that Dante has been reading a lot of the order's books.
Basically every skill/fighting feat belongs to Dante and Vergil scales because reasons. Specifically I meant his reactive evolution
Fair enough. I thought you meant intelligence, although self-teaching bi-plane flying in a matter of seconds is amazing, as is creating new fighting styles in seconds. In real life fighting training consists of two parts, part one being someone teaching you the moves and part two being you practising them yourself until you refine them. Somehow Dante can skip the first part entirely and achieve the second part in seconds.
he has shown to have one stronger than his brother even getting strong enough to defeat him several times (DMC5 ending included) while Vergil has always been left in the dust.
Good point. Vergil always gets ahead at the start by doing something immoral (giving in to his demon half in DMC3, becoming Nelo Angelo in DMC1, and his mass murder via Qliphoth stunt in DMC5) and yet Dante always catches up and usually surpasses him.
Dante got several of them he just got back stabbed by all of them so...
Well, he actually seemed to predict Lady's nature, as he joked that she'd demand late charges for the Kalina Ann long before she started demanding money from him. Trish is a special case when she's designed to target his weaknesses. And Lucia and Beryl didn't really back stab him or seriously let him down. A buddy of mine does think Before the Nightmare was ship-teasing Dante and Lucia, so maybe he'll also finally get the girl. Itsuno went out of his way to deny the popular Dante/Lady ship, so that ship seems to have been sunk.

Back