• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Celestial Mountain RP - Thread

''Why is so hard basic multiverse theory states there is a world for every possibility. A universe of magic would be another possibility.'' he said.

"Ridiculous."

Zephyr was no longer smiling, it seemed. "Magic is a silly word made up by the fearful masses for science that simply hasn't been explained yet. The idiots in my world called me a practitioner of black magic; that doesn't make them correct. Why do you think I'm climbing the mountain in the first place? I have to make sure the one that reaches the top isn't some fool who thinks the world can't be explained."

"...Because not everybody fully knows about that part of multiverse theory, or well, doesn't think about that detail. Also, isn't the term Multiverse Theory specifically for Time Trave-" He would be interrupted by Zephyr "...Also that, people not believing in that Magic is a thing, since often Magic is not.. really explained."

“I didn’t really believe in multiverse theory until now. I always thought all things were on a set path with no way to change things. Multiverse theory just sounded like wishful thinking but it seems I was incorrect.”

''It seems there is no reasoning with you. I will drop the subject no point in wasting my time trying to convince you.'' he said to Zephry

@YungManzi @CrimsonStarFallen

The place look nice. not better than anything they have ever seen, but good enough.

Looking at the whole speaking and chatting between most of the other people there, just presenting themselves and talking theory, so Adamas decides it's not worth the bother, nor their time considering the mission they have here.

The holy knight moves towards the receptionist, stepping to in front of the desk. There's already someone else asking something, but she should be able to handle multiple questions.

"Why were we brought here ? What is the significance of this place ?"

Last edited:
"Ridiculous."

Zephyr was no longer smiling, it seemed. "Magic is a silly word made up by the fearful masses for science that simply hasn't been explained yet. The idiots in my world called me a practitioner of black magic; that doesn't make them correct. Why do you think I'm climbing the mountain in the first place? I have to make sure the one that reaches the top isn't some fool who thinks the world can't be explained."
"In my world, magic's basically already been explained, so I can agree with you there. But if you're after the head of the Devil at the top of the mountain, then for now, you may call me your ally."

@YungManzi @CrimsonStarFallen

ZSF0CTc_d.webp

Azeria looks at lobby as she straighten out her attire.

"... A minor improvement at least."

There is a single woman present in the lobby and multiple other figures are coming out of other corridors. It doesn't take long for them to start conversing and introducing themselves.

Azeria skips out on the introductions, instead approaching the woman sitting at the desk. There was a man who got there before her as well.

"When can I start climbing?" Azeria asks the woman.

Well it seems that if there are different versions of Lord Rassilon and Lady Pythia, I wonder if everything will end as in my world, a war of attrition.

But well after all, many of my classmates say that in the end, any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic, as long as they don't become stubborn fools he is fine with magic albeit in a way of indeference.

that's what he thought about thoughts about magic and technology

Then he noticed the arrival of the "kitsune", he took a step back, that girl reminded him of something he hated about people who used magic in his world but he pulled himself together and awaited the response of the woman who brought them here.

''You must be one the accomplices of who summoned us here.'' he said.
"I didn't summon anyone, nor am I connected to the King beyond the mountain."
The woman says with the slightest of smiles.

She dutifully listens to the introductions of the others while answering any questions they have.

@CrimsonStarFallen

"As you would have expected, you are currently on the Celestial Mountain. This scenery... is based on the ideals and perception of our current God-King, so pay it no mind. Before this, there was a literal mountain you'd needed to hike."

@Overlord775

Rissa looks at Adamas with questioning eyes.

"You yourself approached the Mountain, so this is where you ended up. You travel and traverse this mountain by simply climbing stairs, and if you're going down you can even take the elevator."

Rissa says as she points to the stairs and elevator which are off to the side.

@WHYNAUT

"You can start climbing whenever you want."

Rissa points to a sign hanging next to the stairs leading up to the next floor. The sign reads "FLOOR-1"

"You see that? That means this is the base floor, your starting point. You have to climb those stairs to climb the Celestial Mountain... Although I say that, it's a little more complicated, but that's the gist of it."

Rissa pause, taking a bit of time to think and even scratching her head before continuing.

"Truthfully, I'm a bit shocked. I've never had this many people even on the Celestial Mountain all at once... and on the same frequency no less!!"
Rissa beams.

''So who summoned us. Only a god, celestial, demon lord, archangel, greater spirit or outsider has the power to do that.'' he asked Rissa.

Listening to the conversations happening with Rissa, Gray will approach and ask, "If all this is just a manifestation of the Devil at the top of the mountain, does that mean you too are just a manifestation of his, or did you journey here like us?"

''If we are to do this quest. We should know about each others powers to improve our teamwork. I am a minor spatial mage and alchemist.'' he said to the others

"You probably just fell in a portal but teamwork isn't something a bunch of people in a hotel lobby can just do even if some of us share a goal." I say.
[Dude read
As you get near the Celestial Mountain, you black out...
you were on the mountain not forced here]

Snicker

Faine chuckles a little after being informed by his familiar about the details of the strange situation he has now found himself in...

"So I left the empire, only to find a mountain I did not recognize before blacking out and now I find myself among others who've been ripped away from their worlds as well... fascinating"

Faine then dematerializes his familiar before leaving the corridor making sure he is among the last to join the others.

(Quite the bizarre variety of individuals from across existence yet from first appearances it doesn't seem like anything I have not seen before. Still whoever brought us to this realm, world, time, place or whatever is quite the powerful yet cunning type, It'll be best to keep my cards close to my chest for now).

Faine summarizes to himself within his mind.

@YungManzi

"... i said those questions in regards of this room specifically, but whatever, you basically already explained that i guess."

Adamas replies back, annoyed at having been missinterpreted, as they then turn to face the stairs.

"I don't know you others, but i don't have time to stay here chitchat, so i'm heading off."

Up to the First Floor !

Last edited:
It seems the stairs are the way to the top here goes nothing. “Thank you humans for the conversation I’ve been starved of. I believe we will see each again soon.” With that, the plant infested tin can began to walk towards the stairs.

The martial artist opted to follow for now, as they’d come here to go and fight strong foes anyway. Still, they had to be wary of the others considering their reasons for being here were unknown. Speaking of…

”So, any others of you want to share what brings you to the mountain exactl? I’m sure we all have reasons”

Observing the others including "the plant infested tin" matching forward ahead Faine pulls up a chair and plucks one of his own feathers, he then sits down and starts making notes about the physical appearances as well as the names of the other beaconed.

He begins to hum softly...

"I said as much already," Zephyr notes as they move towards the stairs. "I'm going to dethrone the fool that sits atop this mountain and calls himself God. I do hope none of you stand in my way."

And so, without another word, they begin to climb.

"We are off to a rocky start then." he said while making a mental note on potential allies and enemies.

"Let's go." he said while going going towards the stairs.

Azeria noticed some of the reactions people had to her, though she didn't show this.

"I see... Thank you." She says to the woman before glancing towards the other people standing at the desk.

As no one addressed her directly, she doesn't partake in any of the chit chat. Instead she waits for the first wave of people to start their climb. It was a little too crowded for her tastes right now.

Neron followed the others

"Mental Note: I has to study the advantages and disadvantages of these people just in case" He thought

"I said as much already," Zephyr notes as they move towards the stairs. "I'm going to dethrone the fool that sits atop this mountain and calls himself God. I do hope none of you stand in my way."

And so, without another word, they begin to climb.
"The only reason to come to this montain is for the power at the top, so don't go off saying nonsense like just letting you take it."
Adamas notes.

After finishing taking notes of the others, Faine places his notebook within his dark feathered robe and leans on the back of the chair.

(So if I want to see my child again and return to my world, I've got to go mountain climbing..? how tedious yet it would seem that'll be my reward for playing along with this circus and clearly neither I nor the others have no choice in this matter, lest will spend eternity in this god forsaken lobby).

Faine thinks to himself while chewing on the tip of the quill.

“You misunderstand,“ Zephyr said to Adamas. “I have no interest in sitting atop the mountain itself. My only goal is to make sure that the person who does reach the top is someone that can be trusted with that kind of power, that’s all. Does that answer satisfy you?”

“You misunderstand,“ Zephyr said to Adamas. “I have no interest in sitting atop the mountain itself. My only goal is to make sure that the person who does reach the top is someone that can be trusted with that kind of power, that’s all. Does that answer satisfy you?”
"It ... does i guess. I suppose that's a good enough reason to want to climb the montain too."

"Personally..." The robot would say stepping up. "I don't want to rule either, just want a good adventure so far. If I get to the top well... I'll think of what happens when that happens. Oh! Guess I should introduce myself" He said following the others right behind. "My name is DY1, you can also pronounce it as Dyl, but not as Dill."

Alexander just stands in silence, watching the events unfurl with a smirk on his face that conceals his inner thoughts.

"It ... does i guess. I suppose that's a good enough reason to want to climb the montain too."
"Then I suppose we are in agreement, then."

Zephyr looked up at the ceiling. "I wonder, though... are we simply intended to climb an innumerable amount of stairs? Certainly there must be more to it than that."

"That also reminds me, do you think the guy who rules the mountain wants us to defeat him or hasn't realized it yet, could it be that this leads to a strange Time Loop?" Neron said

"If all this is just a manifestation of the Devil at the top of the mountain, does that mean you too are just a manifestation of his, or did you journey here like us?"
Rissa shakes her head.
"I'm not a mountain climber like you people, and I was here before the reign of the current Mountain King. Although I looked quite a bit different back then, so in that kind of way, I supposed you could say that I am influenced the Mountain King. However, that also applies to everyone else. The Mountain King is essentially an Omnipotent existence who's influence spreads throughout every world and affects everything... except, of course, those who can climb the Celestial Mountain."
Rissa says.

"If you meant to ask me what kind of existence I am, the only way for me to answer that is... I'm your guide through the Celestial Mountain. I can't really say much about myself other than that."
Rissa says with a giggle.

@Those Who Went Up The Stairs

As you go up the stairs and reach the next floor. You find it to look... the exact same as the previous floor. No, even beyond that... The others who didn't go up the stairs are already there on the floor, as well Rissa who is still sitting at the desk.
You look over to the sign next to the stairs to see that it reads "FLOOR-1"

@Those Who didn't Go Up The Stairs

It appears that those who went up the stairs somehow came up from the staircase which leads downstairs onto the same floor.

Back