• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Distance between the Soul King Palace and Seiretei

Gwynbleiddd

VS Battles
Retired
Continuing this discussion here since most regular members don't do anything rather than spam the thread with nonsense.

I think the safest thing to do is use the terminal velocity of a falling person to determine the distance.

v(terminal) = sqrt(2*m*g/¤ü*C*A)

m = Ichigo's mass = 66 kg

g = 9.81 m/s^2 (assuming an earth like gravity)

¤ü = the fluid's density = 1.225 kg/m^3 (using the density of air)

C = drag coefficient, for this i'll assume that the person would be falling standing straigh up so the drag coefficient is 1-1.3.I'll use 1 for a high end

A = cross sectional surface area.~ 0.5 (shoulder width)* 0.15 ("thickness" of a human) = 0.075 m^3

Vterminal = 118.7 m/s

Traveling at that speed for a week (taking the royal guard's statement about Ichigo's casual pace):

distance = time*velocity = 604800*118.7 = 71789760 meters

Making Mimihagi's speed: 1196496 m/s (mach 3519)

Yhwach's feat: 4.22e24 Joules (Continent level) (low end)

2.23e26 Joules (Multi Continent level) (High end)

Important: Except for TLT1, DontTalk, LordAizen and KuuIchigo all replys left by regular members will be removed.

Sorry for doing this but the previous thread was filled with uneccessary replies that didn't contribute to anything.

It is probably best if you leave messages asking for input here on the walls of the calc group members.

Hmm. Is there a reason as to why Mach 1 can't be used for here? I read the comments on the Bleach thread that Ichigo has created a sonic boom(?) which is something one would normally get when going at(?) or pass the speed of sound.

Just for clarification, though i don't mind if we have to use Mach .5 for here.

Question: Where did Mach 0.5 come from? Mach 1 is understandable because of the sonic boom thing but where did Mach 0.5 come from?

Idk. Mach 1 makes sense to me tho.

Also, just an unpopular opinion, but shouldn't the OP of the original thread be able to respond, given that this is a continuation of the thing he brought up? I don't care what decision, as I trust you guys immensely, but I'm just putting it down.

@Cal: I don't mind if the OP of the first thread were to respond to here, really. Considering, just as you said, he was the one that brought up the issue of the speed of Bleach's top tiers here.

First of all, it's unknown wether Ichigo broke the sound barrier or not.From the image we see two "booms" which wouldn't happen normally and Ichigo was passing through the barriers that protect the soul king palace so this might be him passing through them.

Also the distance was calced using this one week statement, and not the actual time it took for Ichigo.

I have no personal problem with the OP of the first thread but he noticed something that i've been saying for months.

The calculation seems fine and the terminal velocity in this case is subsonic. (Just one annoying nitpick I will make: you wrote down units of area as m^3, it should be m^2). Other than that, I agree with the calculation and the result.

Mach 0.5 comes from the fact Shunpo by default is faster than eye, (Mach 0.5) and it was said it would take a week with shunpo. So that is what I would personally go with.

@Aizen: So we just use the highest end of Subsonic speeds, i take it? Like we don't use anything from Subsonic+ itself even like say, Mach .6? Just curious/asking on this one...

That is right @cross.

Though I don't really mind which method/speed is used here , it changes next to nothing really

LordAizenSama said:
Mach 0.5 comes from the fact Shunpo by default is faster than eye, (Mach 0.5) and it was said it would take a week with shunpo. So that is what I would personally go with.
Well the terminal velocity in this case is faster than eye, but we can take the OP terminal velocity as a low end and maybe use another sub-sonic speed as a high end?

I think that he wants further input, so the thread can be resolved.

Antvasima said:
I think that he wants further input, so the thread can be resolved.
Right.

Anyway, has anyone taken a look at the calc @Piercer of Heaven linked up there? It seems good to me but then again, calcs aren't my thing.

I think that it is up to Gwynbleiddd to decide whether or not it is useful for his revision project.

Well, Gwynbleiddd is going to start his revision project soon.

Well, you can inform Gwynbleiddd if you wish. He might decide to use it.

Back