• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Elder Scrolls: Metaphysical Studies and Discussions - Lesson One

Status
Not open for further replies.
ZacharyGrossman273 said:
I will now view them the same way I view Lovecraft, Grant Morrison and Stan Lee

</div>

TES lore dudes, Grant Morrison, and Stan Lee are now really racist ovo

I have no idea why it quotes the whole thing but ok wikia

Do the beginning game Nerevarine and Champion of Cyrodiil scale to the Dragonborn's mammoth and/or dwerven centurion vaporization feat or does that only scale to the Dragonborn (sorry for not linking the page but every time I tried it just gave me errors)

618FD684-C680-43FC-AC6B-BE73CAF6E94D

Matthew Schroeder said:
Anyway, I'm being hypothetical. The phrase "Speed of Light" has never been used in Elder Scrolls.
At least there is something quite close to it. Hypersonic mortals are canon.

Look for the Rourken Clan speed.

I'm back again.

anywho; I agree with most of what matthew has suggested and compiled.

now that i have given you my blessing

you are free to upgrade and downgrade as you see fit.

"You know, I was there for that whole sordid affair. Marvelous time! Butterflies, blood, a Fox, a severed head... Oh, and the cheese! To die for." Are the side quest in the Elder Scrolls canon? Because Sheogorath (whom is the champion of Cyrodiil) makes hints about them in Skyrim.

Ok; maybe this is wrong, but the elder srcolls lore wiki says that umbra's Story is reliant on the Nerevarine defeating umbra the Orc, so whould the main characters at least have Daedric artifacts? http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Umbra "At his request, the Nerevarine bested the Orc in mortal combat and claimed the Umbra Sword.[3] The sword came into the possession of Torasa Aram later that year, and was put on display in her museum in Mournhold.[4]" One of the side quest has you sell artifacts to Torasa. And Mehrunes Razor is dlc for oblivion so would he have that, or is that non canon

The issue is that any capable adventurer could have completed the task. The UESP is essentially mentioning what would happen if the Nerevarine were to battle Umbra and claim his sword. It isn't dependent on him in particular.

Regarding the Museum of Artifacts, the Nerevarine could have claimed any two artifacts for the shield. The issue is that we don't know what artifacts he claimed nor traded. I suppose one could assume he offered the artifacts that he claimed during his assault on the citadels, even though it wasn't possible to donate them to Torasa Aram.

Ok one more thing the oblivion main quest requires you to get a Daedric artifact, so would the CoC have one? Also Mehrunes razor is Dlc for oblivion, so is that non canon?

Well, in the case of the CoC it is fair to suggest that he had claimed a Daedric artifact considering the implications of the main quest. The issue is that we don't know what artifact he claimed.

It's possible that he claimed Azura's star considering the close proximity of the shrine to Cloud Ruler Temple, and the way point leading to a book that describes the artifact. This is still speculation however.

The Mehrunes Razor quest is a simple add-on. Unlike Knights of the Nine and Shivering Isles which are essentially full fledged expansions, this little add-on isn't that significant regarding story telling. It could have been a task undertaken by any adventurer.

The Mysterious Stranger - Delta- said:
Well, in the case of the CoC it is fair to suggest that he had claimed a Daedric artifact considering the implications of the main quest.
Ok I know this is unimportant, but the main quest straight up says you need a Daedric artifact; there's no implication.

It is fair to believe that all Side Quests did happen, someway or another, but that they weren't necessarily completed by the protagonist.

For example, if the College of Winterhold Questline wasn't completed, then Ancano would have destroyed Mundus with the Eye of Magnus, which obviously didn't happen.

In the case of the Champion of Cyrodill, we know that he completed the Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood quests, it seems.

For the sake of the profiles, here's what I think:

• Main Quests and direct story Expansions obviously count completely.
  • Major Sidequests (Thieves Guild, Mages Guild, etc) also count, but I would include feats from it as a "could", rather than a definitive "did"
  • Random Sidequests like a farmer asking you to kill the rats that invaded his house should probably be ignored.

Considering you actually need to complete at least one Daedric Questline to progress the main story, I think you could have some.

The CoC within the main story can only be inferred to have obtained a single Daedric artifact, in which he would have inevitably relinquished regardless.

The artifacts we know that he would definitely be in possession of would be those that he had obtained in the Shivering Isles. Namely, the staff of Sheogorath.

I'm also unsure as to why one would accept that the CoC became the Grey Fox and Listener of the Dark Brotherhood. Besides subtle references, it would be better to assume that other adventurers accomplished said tasks.

The only tasks that should be accepted as canon to the major heroes, are the main quests within the base game and its expansions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back