• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Elder Scrolls: Metaphysical Studies and Discussions - Lesson One

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Greetings, novitiate, and know first a reassurance: Matthew Schroeder Mankar Camoran was once like you, asleep, unwise, protonymic. We mortals leave the dreaming-sleeve of birth the same, unmantled save for the symbiosis with our mothers, thus to practice and thus to rapprochement, until finally we might through new eyes leave our hearths without need or fear that she remains behind. In this moment we destroy her forever and enter the demesne of Lord Dagon.

Reader, this book is your door to that demesne, and though you be a destroyer you must still submit to locks. Lord Dagon would only have those clever enough to pause; all else the Aurbis claims in their fool running. Walk first. Heed. The impatience you feel is your first slave to behead.

Enter as Lord Dagon has written: come slow and bring four keys. Know that then you are royalty, a new breed of destroyer, whose garden shall flood with flowers known and unknown, as it was in the mythic dawn. Thus shall you return to your first primal wail and yet come out different. It shall this time be neonymbiosis, master akin to Master, whose Mother is miasma.

Did I just see him grab the ledge adn pull himself up?

Parkour in an elder scrolls game what?

The hell isn't that in Skyrim!

Monarch Laciel said:
Did I just see him grab the ledge adn pull himself up?

Parkour in an elder scrolls game what?

The hell isn't that in Skyrim!
I assume you didn't play daggerfall (the game you could turn into a wereboar)

They shouldn't have gotten rid of that skill. It was fine when they gave us levitation, but they inevitably got rid of that as well. In Oblivion, all we had were the athletic and acrobatic skills.

We had essentially nothing in Skyrim, and given the region that the game was set in, it was a pretty stupid move.

TBF that's probably why they got rid of the skill.

Unless you want to be stuck in cramped tunnels the entire game, there's not really a great way to stop people just using climbing and levitation to bypass entire areas.

You can legit fly in Morrowind. Also craft spells with town-wide Area of Effects. And jump over buildings, and run like freaking Sonic.

Ah yes, I can't forget the broken physics. Those freaking horses.

I generally never bothered with a horse in Skyrim even with the lack of athletics. Fast travel points made them rather mute, and most mountains had paths by which you could take in order to reach the peak.

The horses in Daggerfall were the most useful to me.

Daggerfall is 69 hours across the horse better be effective. Also what tier is the beginning game CoC and Dragonborn going to be since I believe they're getting multiple keys now.

Yeah, creating a broken spell that has an area of effect distance set at 50, frost, shock, poison,damage health, etc was incredibly fun.

You could literally stand there nuking Balmora, Sadrith Mora and Ald-ruhn.

Matthew Schroeder said:
You can legit fly in Morrowind. Also craft spells with town-wide Area of Effects. And jump over buildings, and run like freaking Sonic.
I once broke my game and caused the werewolf form to be able to jump thousands of feet without dying so when I fought Hircine I just kept jumping away from him and quickly running back to get quick strikes (since I broke my speed aswell (It was a good day))

Just take some skooma, and you are good to go. The beverages in Morrowind were pretty broken.

For facing the likes of Gedna Relvel, they were a necessity.

Well, werewolves were pretty broken in Morrowind Keeweed.

Yeah they were but mine was stupidly broken; I replayed the game and the comparison was ridiculous. Image in your first play through jumping all the way across morrowind in less than 2 minutes only to find out you games actually just freaking the **** out. Enemy spells were the most broke Thing in gaming ever I went from having a thousand strength (cheated (there's no infinite storage in Morrowind and I was playing for fun)) to 0 strength within a single fight from basic enemy spells. And basic spells don't go away you need a potion to get rid of them. I seriously could see fodder enemies from morrowind solo entire verses if we treated their spell like they work in game

No, but there going to be wall level which for a rat is pretty notable; also I believe everything else in the verse would scale so it sets a Baseline for the verse as a whole

• Edit My blogs are broke so should I make a small thread for the profile or just make one in a comment

Is that serious question, because idk light does have to travel through an infinite void but I can't tell if your joking or not because this thread shifts from serious to non serious in seconds

I'm legitimaly not. Light is also stated / heavily implied to be time itself in ESO. And it does travel through the width of Oblivion before reaching Nirn. It is reaching Nirn from a High 1-B distance.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
Legit, if light = time, I think that any statement about "speed of light" is utterly moronic and thus probably stems from an error than anything.
Considering that Meridia can literally ride the rainbow road to travel through time, yes it is possible to move as light.

Don't a lot of verses give time travel at SOL? It could also just be inconsistency between writers.

Wokistan said:
Don't a lot of verses give time travel at SOL? It could also just be inconsistency between writers.
Doubtful. The one who introduced the "Light = Time" lore is Lawrence Schick, the Lead Loremaster for ESO (Also one of the lead writers). His entire job is maintaining lore consistency. He's friends with Michael Kirkbride and the concept is heavily influenced by the "Water = Memory" thing from the 36 Lessons.

Basically the idea is that light shines onto the world and allows the presence to be perceived. They shine down from Aetherius, the realm of magic, of the Magne-Ge, who are mnemolic entities that create the Elder Scrolls from the memories of reality, and also record all reality.

And when light hits the water, it reflects right? And what we can see in the water is a mirror-image of the light that hit it. So when we look at water and see our reflection, we aren't looking at ourselves. We are looking at a reflection of it. An echo. A memory.

This also ties well with the ideas of time as a myriad number of rivers that all end up in one same endless ocean.

I wasn't saying that light as time was an inconsistency so much as I was saying that taking that into consideration with SOL statements is. "Lightspeed" is also often just used to mean "Very fast", in the vein of "Quick as lightning" or other such euphemisms. If infinite speed is consistent and makes sense then go for it, but consider this.

Who would scale from the infinite speed(which I agree with because it pretty in line with what I've read about the elder scrolls)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back