• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Elder Scrolls: Metaphysical Studies and Discussions - Lesson One

Status
Not open for further replies.
No they aren't referred to the Ruling Kings. The only people which are asserted as being Ruling Kings in the Lessons are:

• Lorkhan (Would be the Ruling King, murdered and mutilated)
  • Vivec (Learned CHIM, became a Ruling King)
  • Talos (Current Ruling King with no equivalent)
  • Nerevar / The Hortator (Has the potential to become the next Ruling King)
It becomes increasingly obvious throughout the Lessons that Vivec is not talking to Indoril Nerevar, but to the Nerevarine. They are the ones which must defeat the Sharmat and become the Ruling King, after all.

VNs are techically games

the best kind of games

not that demonbane is a good game, but it's the best kind of game.

Cthulhu saves the world is 1-A, though using the interpretation of the quote from the Lovecraft mythos and not CSTW seems weird.

oh right

I forgot about that after it stopped being excessively spammed.

There's also Warhammer video games, and since chaos, the emprah, and depending on when the game takes place presumably Ynnead still exist in the universe, 1-A video games by proxy.

Hmm, since we had the Space Core show up in Skyrim, does that mean Half-Life is also technically part of the stronkest video game verse? Jokes aside, I could see the Gman as a TES character not in appearance but as a character. Maybe like one of the Daedra, having an elaborate secret scheme that requires some meddling in the realm of mortals to cause big waves in the cosmos. The Vortiguants would fit right in, too.

Depends on who is using it. But know that giants batting you into the skies is not a Bug in Skyrim, but actually a part of the lore:

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:All_About_Giants

"Then they swing huge clubs and launch even a burly Nord over field and stream"
The more capable users of the T'huum should more than outclass the giants in power.

Matthew Schroeder said:
I think 6-B for the ALMSIVI is a ridiculous low-ball. It doesn't make any sense when put together with the fact they're still Divine Beings who transcend Time itself

Even Dagoth Ur is said to exist beyond Time by Vivec himself, and the latter outright takes you to outside of Time and gives you a detailed explanation on how he is a Timeless being for whom Death is a minor inconvenience

I do agree that Dagoth Ur should be Low 2-C and VIvec too. It makes no sense for the ALMSIVI to go from High 2-A to 6-B in one year, and for Dagoth Ur to be that weak despite his direct connection with the Heart of Lorkhan.

Also consider how in Skyrim, the Dovahkiin is comparable to Barbas' Avatar in power, and Clavicus Vile claims that if he were reunited with Barbas he could snap his fingers and kill everyone in Skyrim (Yourself included).

And then in the Dragonborn Expansion, which canonically takes place after the Dovahkiin slays Alduin in the Main Game, you are introduced to Miraak, who casually stomps the Dovahkiin, is unimpressed by you defeating Alduin, and is outright stated to be your deadliest and most powerful foe. Why is Miraak so powerful? Because he is a servant of Hermaeus Mora and thus gained secret knowledge and power. And how does the Dovahkiin acquire the power necessary to defeat Miraak? By reading the Black Books of Hermaeus Mora and obtaining the power and knowledge there contained.

All of this reinforces the notion that however bad Alduin is, Hermaeus Mora and other Daedric Princes are far worse threats.

Meanwhile, in Morrowind, more specifically in the Bloodmoon Expansion, The Daedric Prince Hircine is able to manifest fully on Nirn for one night due to the moon turning blood red. And at the end of that Expansion the Nerevarine battles Hircine's Aspects of Strength, Speed and Guile, and outclasses all three in their respective attributes.

I strongly doubt that either Barbas's Avatar or Miraak are more powerful than a direct Aspect of Hircine.

This coupled with the numerous statements regarding Vivec and Dagoth Ur's transcendence over Time makes me comfortable to have them somewhere in the Tier 2.

At Least Low 2-C, I would say. Far more believable than the 6-B Lowball.

This is a little random, but what speed feats are lesser Daedra going to scale to, because I know what tier there going to be high 8-c for destroying castles and I think being superior to giants that performed a 2 ton feat.

I want to add that Godhead is most likely 0.

The Child Annuad indicated that Anu, Nir and Padomay are probably created before and of course Godhead has always been referred as the Brahma of TES verse like Hinduism.

The New Amaranth at the end of C0DA isn't literally Jubal and Vivec's Child. It is a Composite Entity formed upon the realization that there is no "Me" or "You", only "We"

Hence its name is Nu-Me

This is a total newb question, but is Vivec and company actually dead, or is that just one of those wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey things about TES?

I really liked doing the Morrowind expac in ESO and reading all the TESIII lore.

In-Game Answer: We don't know.

Out-of-Game Answer: Vivec is alive and remains alive well into the 5th Era.

There is also somewhere that Michael Kirkbride indicated Tosh Raka achieved his own Amaranth, so Nu-Men and Anu are probably the Amaranthers. There are multiple Amaranths out there.

Wrapping your head around this Hinduist stuffs are quite bizzare

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back