• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The force of punching the Chicxulub meteor to oblivion?

I was comparing two ocs that were not mine for a battle debate in another wiki. One of said ocs traveled just to the stratosphere to punch and obliterate a meteor that was similar in size to the Chicxulub meteor. Of course, since the meteor was only a couple of miles wide, I don't expect it to be at 6-B by its impact force, but then again, I don't know how to calculate any of the other factors, such as the speed of the meteor, the out of kinetic energy released upon obliteration, air resistance, etc.

So how strong would one have to be to perform this feat? P.S., it would be helpful if I see the formula myself to use for later purposes.

I just used 5 grams per square centimeter to get a mass for it (assuming it was 2 square miles) and used 11km/s for its speed to get a kinetic energy, of course it was a rough calc, I didn't account for stuff like drag and reentry, etc but it'd be in the same ballpark.

I messed up, I think I got square centimeter/miles mixed up with cubic centimeter and miles so I redid it but using cubic stuff, 602.6 gigatons. If im wrong ignore it and use the previous one.

Back