• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Froggytron

He/Him
Hello, travelers from afar! After several months on FC/OC vsbattles, I decided to create a tournament of my own, which will attempt to merge rarely seen concepts to make a unique experience for everyone! With the big help of Venefica Author (who came up with 50% of the tournament concept), I will aim to move this tournament into the finale, so don't worry about the tournament stopping in the middle!

Tournament Rules
  • Characters of similar beliefs (hero + hero, villain + villain) will form pairs, they will fight together against other pairs, different verse characters of different authors can also team up to make the tournament more interesting!
  • Ideally, characters should be from 6 tier (exeptions can be made for less haxed 5 tiers and more haxed 7 tiers (with exeption of (SAO:TTRPG))
  • In the best scenario, FC/OC characters should be input, but VS battles are allowed to fill the spots
  • Up to 4x characters per user (forces 3th character to team up with other 3th character, to make Co-op more interesting!)
  • VS battle characters inputting is number-unrestricted
  • The hax cap is High, at least mid offensive and defensive Hax highly recommended
High offensive hax: incredibly hard to beat without a similar level of hax or resistances, but not impossible. Does not ignore distance to just "one-shot" / BFR.
High defensive hax: Regeneration from a puddle of blood (Low-High), limited Attack Reflection, limited Resurrection (or powers like Frogman's core, allowing a character to come back with some drawbacks).

Tournament System => The BRACKET is up!
-'Pairs elimination' tournament format will take place
-The tournament will have 32 participants, which will create 16 teams, which will be competing in 8 matches (in round 1)
-The left side of the elimination bracket (8 teams) will be filled with various stats participants (7 tier, 6 tier, lower 5 tiers)
-The left-side matches will have AP and Durability equalized by the arena, they won't be written to the profiles

-As 7x of the participants posted till now have 6-B feats, the right side of the elimination bracket will be 6-B
-These other 6-B 8 teams competing won't have anything, besides speed, equalized. These matches can be written on the profiles
-Slightly lower AP stat participants will be allowed into the 6-B right part at their own risk, High 6-B only without danmaku and AoE attacks

-In the end, the team winners of the left side and right side (of the elimination bracket) will fight in the finale (which very likely will have AP and Durability equalized by the arena too due to highly different stats, it also won't be written to the profiles, yet winner team will get a small art commission prize).

Match Rules
  • Battle will take place in an 'endless, metal cube planet', in an FU's pocket dimension observing arena, having regular terrain on the surface (lakes/mountains/forests)
  • Pairs of characters (team A and team B) will be starting 60 meters from each other
  • Speed and AP will be equalized for 50% matches (to prevent pure chaos with 4x different speed/AP characters)
  • Durability will be also equalized for 50% matches (all 4 characters will have slightly greater durability than their equalized AP, so several hits / charged hits will be necessary to kill / KO a single team member
  • Shields summoned by characters will have similar durability, only summons not reaching greatly above the equalized tiers will be allowed
  • Summons and duplication will be restricted individually, but for more haxed characters their summoning count will be limited at 5x per 2 minutes, to not be able to overwhelm as the fight begins.
  • (Just to make sure) Profiles should not be updated/edited while matches will be ongoing, with the exception of fixing typos, ideally between the matches. Any new blocks of text will take place after the tournament is complete.
Match Team Win conditions
  • At least one party member of team A remaining while both team B members are defeated (then team A wins and results are written on both 2 and 2 character profiles)
  • Defeating a team member must end in their death, them giving up, knockouts, having no chance to win in the current state or BFR
  • If AT LEAST 1 member remains in both teams (not defeated by all written above) with on 99% unchangeable result, its Incon (on the profiles at least), yet into the next rounds advances the team with more participants remaining or (if member count is same), a team which "generally did better"
  • SBA for anything else
The BRACKET
Participants (equalized half + 6-B half):

EQUALIZED HALF (16x)
Character:
Key/equipment:Verse:
Teaming with:
Submitter:
Bob (Minion Vacation)On a Caffeine High, key2Rigamarole
Steve
@HonestlyBored24
Cinner
Key 4, Low 7-B
GGesom@MintyBoi1
Weather ReportBreaker state, key2Wokistan's Weaverdice GameApocalypse@DMUA
SteveSuper Sayian key3SMG4Bob (Minion Vacation)@TheMassivlyUnkn0wn
Scarlet WitchTransian, key2Avengers AllianceAledpaw@Colonel_Krukov
SkyzanPost trainingAnimaziansAledpaw@Peppypony
GGesomFull knowledge remembered, key2Verse Varies&@&!Cinner@Froggytron
Painis CupcakeExtended Canon (Post-2014), key3TF2 FreakShowBatman@Diamond_Drone
Apocalypseup to 5-BDEATH BATTLE! / Marvel Comics)Weather Report@Diamond_Drone
FriskCell PhoneInverted FatePapyrus@Adem_Warlock69
PapyrusPreparationInverted FateFrisk@Adem_Warlock69
Laser Frogman (stage 4)baseFU (Froggy Universe)Dr. Hecate@Froggytron
Dr. HecateGolden Hecate Unit - Super Mega-Mega MechVeneficaVerseLaser Frogman (stage 4)@VeneficaAuthor
BatmanLord of Order keyKnights of JusticePainis Cupcake@Colonel_Krukov
Aledpaw5-A with gearsAnimaziansDevipelt@Peppypony
Devipelt5-AAnimaziansScarlet Witch@Peppypony
6-B HALF (16x)
Character:
Key/equipment:Verse:Teaming with:Submitter:
Laser Frogman (Stage 3)With Red SaberFU (Froggy Universe)Gunnix (lv4 Android)@Froggytron
Gunnix (lv4 FU Android)Low 6-B + 3x red laser shardsFU (Froggy Universe)Laser Frogman (Stage 3)@Froggytron

The Player

Advanced Spells keyMinecraft (Electroblob’s Wizardry mod)BLU Heavy@TheMassivlyUnkn0wn
BLU Heavy
all up to 6-B
TF2 FreakShowThe Player@Diamond_Drone
NarutoBirth of the Ten-Tails’ Jinchūriki in Bijuu ModeNaruto (verse)Deku@MintyBoi1
Stickman HeroPre-Stick Gang Comics, Nightmare transformation allowedStick GangBug Stickman@LeoEpicGamer8910
Bug StickmanPre-Stick Gang Comics, Poison Bombs Barrage allowedStick GangStickman Hero@LeoEpicGamer8910
Super Brainz6-BPlants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare 2King Ghidorah (MonsterVerse)@Froggytron
King Ghidorah (MonsterVerse)attacks up to 6-B border scale allowedMonsterVerseSuper Brainz@Froggytron
Issei HyoudouPseudo DxD, Low 6-BHigh School DxDEscanor@Froggytron
EscanorNew Holy War Arc key (he is at least 6-B Near-Noon)Nanatsu No TaizaiMonkey D. Luffy@Froggytron
Cobalt limited at Max Aura (key2) and portals 2s+ sealVeneficaverseAstral@VeneficaAuthor
Astral HyperDrive used for 6-B [Ancient Atlantis], key1Neon CavaliersCobalt@VeneficaAuthor
Wahlberg6-BMashle: Magic and MusclesDomina@AnAverageUsername
Domina6-BMashle: Magic and MusclesWahlberg@AnAverageUsername
DekuOne For All, 6-BMy Hero AcademiaNaruto@MintyBoi1

Since this AP/Durability equalization concept with Co-Op is highly experimental, I will gladly consider accepting any adjustments. I will also gladly answer any questions about the tournament. Let's see how it goes!

Last edited:
This seems very interesting. I wonder if these would qualify:
  • John Freeman, savior of humans. Easy hero pick in his "Free Man" key at Tier 6, he doesn't really have that much hax aside from good mobility i guess?
  • BLU Heavy, probably villain? He's a good Tier 6 with decent regen though.
  • Painis Cupcake, cannibal. In his Extended Canon (Post-2014) key he is a powerhouse in melee combat with his ability to enter a temporary rage mode that makes him much stronger.

If ap and durability is equalised for all matches, why can we only pick from tier 7, 6 or 5?

with exeption of (SAO:TTRPG)
Peak

To put memes aside, this broad of a range doesn't seem like it's going to work out very well. Stronger characters generally upscale on hax as well and it's really hard to have a debate when one person is 1000x stronger than another (keep in mind being 11x stronger than a person is sufficient to shatter their skull and immediately put them in critical condition, assuming they don't just flat out die)

Peak

To put memes aside, this broad of a range doesn't seem like it's going to work out very well. Stronger characters generally upscale on hax as well and it's really hard to have a debate when one person is 1000x stronger than another (keep in mind being 11x stronger than a person is sufficient to shatter their skull and immediately put them in critical condition, assuming they don't just flat out die)
That is why there is APDurability stat equalizing

Yeah, I'm with DMUA. None of the matches will allowed to be added because of this as well.

Well if it is to be a pure hax tournament... I honestly have less than I expect I would. Abarim or Gal (whenever I update his page) would be outright overkill, but you go down the latter and there's the Strict Hermit (and the SAO Tabletop clause is very clear) and then the next would be like Weather Report (who's actually very solid given the scale of their intangibility against something like a shockwave) or Final Form CIC

Actually you know what that's a good idea, though I should probably really make the former's page better before we get going

Team up with the superpower assimilators, joining to merge their conquest together

Weather Report (Weaverdice Insanity One-Shot)

Crazy is Crazy (Spy's Sexelent Adventure)

Addendum: that doesn't work, I forgot CiC has outright Very High stuff in the form of his disintegrating snap, and his first key is a bit underwhelming in terms of defense... or, it might be fine accounting for all his optional equipment, considering something like Wold's giant form, Orang or K. Rool?

Yeah this is definitely difficult to work with just as per submission, probably only going to go wilder as it actually starts (luckily none of this can be added since stat equalization is banned)

This seems really dumb to me, but I guess I'll throw in

Yeah, I'm with DMUA. None of the matches will allowed to be added because of this as well.
Technically 99% vsbattle matches and tournaments already partly defeat the purpose of vsbattle tiering, as 'speed is equalized'. In serries (comics, anime, films), speed is essencial factor, many characters train all their life to solely boost their speed, able to defeat slower opponents. 'Speed is equalized' rule pretty much demolishes most of their hard-worked potencial, yet it's neccessary, otherwise there would be 10x less matches. 'AP and Durability' getting equalized would work the same way, robbing the AP and armor superiority, for the sake of a unique experience of the co-op FC/OC tournament, which would be otherwise almost impossible here. And all results would have 'AP and Durability' the same way. It's a price for interesting matches.

Not allowing writing of the results into pages (at least if their owners are willing to do so), is almost the same as if you deleted all results having 'Speed is equalized', which lets be fair, is the most % profiles have. Yet you arent deleting them.

Not allowing writing of the results into pages (at least if their owners are willing to do so), is almost the same as if you deleted all results having 'Speed is equalized', which lets be fair, is the most % profiles have. Yet you arent deleting them.
Except speed blitzing is an actual problem whereas AP usually isn't as long as they're the same tier.

Except speed blitzing is an actual problem whereas AP usually isn't as long as they're the same tier.
As much as I appreciate you froggy I’m gonna have to agree with this, AP and durability is different between matches and characters all the time but they can get away with that, it’s a lot unlike speed

Maybe there is another way to change the rules to allow matches to be added, but I’m fine either way, since this tournament should be a lot of fun

Well if it is to be a pure hax tournament... I honestly have less than I expect I would.
Despite it's name, this tournament isnt solely about hax. It's about characters clashing with each other, using hax to their advantage, not almost cruerly one-shoting your foe with ignoring all distance. SAO:TTRPG already demonstrated a cruel hax even without it's strongest members (from which you literally need to take a hit in order to do anything).
Seeing these two brings simmilar vibes. One technically unkillable and absorbing everything thrown at him, the other just killing all with a snap of Existence Erasure. Not letting them in.

Stats equalized means this would not be added on profiles, yes?
Also, in a high hax tournament I doubt AP makes much of a difference, many characters probably have ways of getting around it
So are you also for writing results in profiles with 'Speed, AP and Durability equalized'? LS, Range and Stamina would remain same.

So are you also for writing results in profiles with 'Speed, AP and Durability equalized'? LS, Range and Stamina would remain same.
Again, I don't think you're allowed to add matches with these restrictions

Again, I don't think you're allowed to add matches with these restrictions
Looked through the rules, they mention it, my bad

They still dont mention anything about the arena itself, so the fight taking place in a pocket dimension automaticaly equalizing these two stats could work, as it's the core nature of the pocket dimension itself, the arena in which the fight takes place. Given the variable time of "getting into the middle", higher AP and durability of characters still could benefit them, not being a set restriction. It would also equalize the difference of characters stat. amplificating themselves, resulting in interesting scenarios.

Back