• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Giant Evil Scab vs The Horror Beneath Your Skin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well this oughta be an interesting match and since the last thread is way old, I figured I'd remake it.

To create a scenario, the Foundation has decided to run some cross SCP experiments and have managed to capture a single infected individual from the 610 site and stuck it in a 5m x 5m x 5m room with a human fully assimilated by the Thing. Victory is achieved by whichever monster manages to fully absorb the other. The rooms conditions are perfect for the 610 infected to take root.

Alright, let me now if anything doesn't work.

The Thing

SCP-610

Time to get Weekly in on this. My memory on the flesh that hates is a little rusty (ironically) so I'm going to have to re-read the 610 logs again.

610's disease spreading takes 3-4 hours under good conditions. How long does it take the Thing to assimilate a body?

Contact based and works on a cellular level. As long as the Thing touches you once it's pretty much game over as the cells on your body where it last touched you are now part of the Thing.

From there the cells keep assimilating until you're a full Thing. Whole process is pretty fast and happens within minutes.

Wasn't it faster than that? In the original, the Thing just grabbed a dude's face and it's fingers were already inside his face.

That's because it had assimilated the face. Just the face. It also depends on how much surface area is being attacked. You could have someone assimilated in a few minutes if it swallowed them whole.

I'm not sure if 610 has a way of winning, then, as their attacks are purely contact-based minus that one guy with the sythe, and even then the Thing's regen covers that.

Oh are you telling me 610 doens't have some higher dimentional entity protecting it like everyother skip? Shocker.

So, stomp then? I'm actually suprised. Could 610's method of infection have a way around the Thing's kinda like the flood?

ApiesDeathbyLazors said:
Oh are you telling me 610 doens't have some higher dimentional entity protecting it like everyother skip? Shocker.
Throwing some shade at SCP, I see ovo

ApiesDeathbyLazors said:
So, stomp then? I'm actually suprised. Could 610's method of infection have a way around the Thing's kinda like the flood?
Yeah, 610 infects animals only, and isn't a fungus/plant but rather invasive flesh, meaning The Thing would be able to infect it just fine.

I mean 610 is a Sarkicist virus and Sarkicists worship a 1-B God so if sometime in the future there is a connection between them I wouldn't be surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back