• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Hungry Hero Dilemma

Da Fring
So, it’s been established that HungryHero.EXE takes place after every game made by Sonic Team, meaning Hungry Hero Sonic would be getting a Universe level+ / Massively FTL+ / Pre-Stellar upgrade. Here’s the catch. If I were to make that upgrade to HH!Sonic, it would literally just be a copy-and-paste of Modern Sonic’s profile, with miniscule edits that seperate him from canon Sonic. Longevity and Enhanced Senses in his P&A, a knife in his SE, and the weakness section basically saying “he kinda lost his marbles”. That’s it. Now I don’t know about you, but I don’t think those changes are enough to warrant an entire other profile. And the entire point of HungryHero.EXE is that “Sonic.exe” is literally just Sonic with a craving for flesh. There is almost nothing HH!Sonic can do that Canon Sonic can’t. So either the upgrade doesn’t go through, or the profile gets deleted, and none of those options are favorable. So whaddo I do

I really don't think the upgrade should go through. Unless the Universe+/Massively FTL+/Pre-Stellar feats actually happen onscreen, in the story, I'm pretty sure they don't apply to HH!Sonic.

I really don't think the upgrade should go through. Unless the Universe+/Massively FTL+/Pre-Stellar feats actually happen onscreen, in the story, I'm pretty sure they don't apply to HH!Sonic.
Say that to the Furnace profile.

Sonic comes to blows with Shadow as part of the climax of Act 1. Shadow scales to Canon Shadow as every Sonic game made by Sonic Team, and therefore the Universe level+, Massively FTL+ / Pre-Stellar feats, happen before that fight.

Actually the main page of the wiki has something mentioning this in the Page Rules:
If a fanwork consistently demonstrates and maintains a different level of power from the original work, it should be judged and tiered based on its own feats, not on scaling to canon, even if the original is stronger. If the fanwork is meant to fit within the official timeline, failing to duplicate feats of the same level is fine, but actively contradicting the canon power level is not. As a general rule, fanfiction should not be automatically scaled to canon without an argument in its favor.
  • Naturally, this applies doubly to alternate universe and crossover fanfics, which can easily and often inherently contradict not just the statistics but also powers of the original canon materials.

Pretty sure this would fit in the "If the fanwork is meant to fit within the official timeline"
At least according to the ask above

If a fanwork consistently demonstrates and maintains a different level of power from the original work, it should be judged and tiered based on its own feats, not on scaling to canon, even if the original is stronger. If the fanwork is meant to fit within the official timeline, failing to duplicate feats of the same level is fine, but actively contradicting the canon power level is not. As a general rule, fanfiction should not be automatically scaled to canon without an argument in its favor.
  • Naturally, this applies doubly to alternate universe and crossover fanfics, which can easily and often inherently contradict not just the statistics but also powers of the original canon materials.
I'm fine with the update if the verse is made to fit into the canonical Sonic timeline, unless there's something in the Hungry Hero verse that contradicts it, but judging by the comments above, there's only one thing that contradicts it and it's apparently considered Plot Induced Stupidity.

I'm fine with the update if the verse is made to fit into the canonical Sonic timeline, unless there's something in the Hungry Hero verse that contradicts it, but judging by the comments above, there's only one thing that contradicts it and it's apparently considered Plot Induced Stupidity.
Just a reminder that this thread also decides whether the HH!Sonic profile should get deleted due to the potential upgrade making it too similar to Modern Sonic’s profile or not.

Back