• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
This is going to be a massive CRT I did a lot of research on, but it generally has to deal with the canons of JC-the-Hyena's Sonic.exe and the brand new Sonic.exe that appears in SONIC 2011 (I'll refer to them as OG X and 2011 X respectively). I'll notify @TheShape03 about this too as he's the one whose mainly in charge of the pages. This was somewhat of a mistake I made when originally creating the page for Sonic.exe so I want to briefly come back out of retirement just to fix this specific issue.

Differentiating the Canons​

So for starters, the first thing to note is that JC's weird fetish lore does not apply to the new 2011 X (except maybe the Creepypasta's story and what Joe says is canon), as Joe has stated on Twitter that "It's going to be an official rewrite of the original 2011 canon [he's] working on" (and also with these tweets too), which would eventually become the SONIC 2011 fangame.

Furthermore, some information on 2011 X reveals that he does not have a faker form and that the victims he steals do not become his "slaves", which completely contradicts certain information about what's established in OG X's canon (not posting other links as some are quite literally just furry ****).

Joe announced that there's currently three new official canons for Sonic.exe:
  • 2011 canon (The one the SONIC 2011 fangame kicked off; Soulless Sonic/PC Port branches off from this one in it's own separate continuity)
  • 2017 canon (A planned re-take of JC's one time 2017 reboot)
  • 2021 canon/Xenophanes canon (Astra's character)

Canon list​

The canons would have to be these:
  • JC-the-Hyena Canon
    • OG canon
    • 2017 reboot canon
  • Astra and JDB canons
    • 2011 canon
      • Soulless Sonic canon (alternate future timeline)
    • 2017 canon
    • Xenophanes/2021 canon

What pages will change?​

Well, for starters, the current page on Sonic.exe will change in a few ways.
First, the name will change from X (Sonic.exe) to just Sonic.exe, as that's his actual full name in both the JC and JDB lore.

JC lore (Sonic.exe: Round 2): “X” is really called “Sonic.exe”
JC lore (Sonic.exe's Official Character Bio): Sonic.exe (Exe for short or "X" by the Cult) is the main character of the Creepypasta of the same name and it's sequel and the overall main antagonist of the series.
JDB lore (this tweet): His real name isn't X, he doesn't have one. The name X is short for EXE, which itself is short for Sonic.EXE which was the nickname individuals gave him because he didn't have a name.
  • Sonic.exe (2011 Creepypasta) - JC character
  • Sonic.exe (2017 Creepypasta) - JC's 2017 character
  • Sonic.exe (SONIC 2011) - JDB's re-take/the new canon
The verse canon pages would be split between these:
  • Sonic.exe (Sir JC-the-Hyena) - JC's lore both original and reboot
  • Sonic.exe (Verse) - New canon
  • Soulless Sonic - PC Port related stuff
Lord X's abilities would only transfer off 2011 X, as it does not use JC's lore anymore. The planned 2017 re-take and Xenophanes can't have pages yet as they're featless with no information on them (plus Astra won't want it on here as she did not want Xenophanes on the Villains Fanon Wiki). There should also be a navigation tree on top to make all the separate versions easy to navigate.

Conclusion​

I thought Sonic lore was a damn mess lol this is almost even worse.

Last edited:
Most of the things presented here don't seem like solid evidence to me to separate JC's Exe from Joe's Exe, HOWEVER, the tweets where he says he wants his 2011 version to be separate from JC's version are all the evidence I need, so I agree, what should we do with the OG Creepypasta and Round 2? Would we still use them for the new canon until Joe rewrites them?

Also, what's up with the whole The Void and Dark Matter thing? Isn't that whole thing about him being born in a void and being made of dark matter part of this version either?

What should we do with the OG Creepypasta and Round 2? Would we still use them for the new canon until Joe rewrites them?
Those would definitely be on the JC profile, but I think it's best to just use the SONIC 2011 game and tweets Joe made for general feats (like crossing computers interdimensionally and whatnot). It may mean bumping him down to "At least 9-A, likely far higher" again since Joe doesn't really refer to X's world as a universe (he uses "sub-universe" in a Tweet describing his transportation), but it could probably change if I dive into his Twitter threads or screenshots more.
Also, what's up with the whole The Void and Dark Matter thing? Isn't that whole thing about him being born in a void and being made of dark matter part of this version either?
No that's still a part of the new version, but the term "Dark Matter" seems to have changed sometime after 2020, since Joe started referring to it as "Dark energy/VOID matter" (I know this is a Lord X term but he's just an alternate future version of 2011 X, so stuff from his formation backstory technically would still apply). I'm guessing this was done to not get it confused with actual dark matter, though this is just my speculation.

I made some draft pages to separate the two Xs but I think I might be missing some things:

I don't see the strength from your scans here. The tweets about the 3 different continuities says the original 2011, which is the the JC version.

I don't see the strength from your scans here.
Hopefully these tweets sort of help a bit more with it.
The tweets about the 3 different continuities says the original 2011, which is the the JC version.
It gets a bit hard to find since some of the tweets Joe replied to were deleted, but as far as I was able to see, the EXE referred to as "2011" is the new one Joe made to replace the old one.
Though this does open up a problem in seeing which statements can apply to the new one.

I know this is a Lord X term but he's just an alternate future version of 2011 X, so stuff from his formation backstory technically would still apply
Eh no, Lord X is a non-canonical sequel (for now), so Lord X's material cannot be used for the canonical Exe, although the second tweet works. I was working on an update for exe, and when I saw your thread I split the sandbox into 2 and made a draft for both versions as well, I just have a few questions (About the new canon).

Is there evidence that the new exe canon also created its own universe?
Does this version have a cult?
Did Joe say at some point that his version of the void also implied that it was a void outside of the universes?
Did Joe give any context on how Exe creates his slaves? (Because ripping out their souls and putting them in bodies created by him is something from the old JC canon)
When did this version of Exe use mind manipulation?
Does this version also have Reality Warping?

Hopefully these tweets sort of help a bit more with it.

It gets a bit hard to find since some of the tweets Joe replied to were deleted, but as far as I was able to see, the EXE referred to as "2011" is the new one Joe made to replace the old one.
Though this does open up a problem in seeing which statements can apply to the new one.
I don't think these tweets necessarily mean that they're separate, especially considering some of the things you've posted don't match with Lord X. For example you post how the remake 2011 doesn't have a faker form but we see that Lord X has always had that ability here:

Also the tweet about the 2011 says the original 2011.

You also have things like remake 2011 not having slaves in this continuity but Lord X does which I think lends further credence to the fact that the remake 2011 is it's own thing as well as in the same tweet for Lord X quoting for the og Sonic.EXE's bio:

Edit: Also this:

Eh no, Lord X is a non-canonical sequel (for now), so Lord X's material cannot be used for the canonical Exe, although the second tweet works.
Alright, if that's the case then it doesn't apply.
Is there evidence that the new exe canon also created its own universe?
I could not find any tweets about it, all I found was the one where he replied to a (now deleted) tweet talking about how X moves across worlds and has his own "sub-universe" or something. I did find some mentions of the term "universe" in some tweets, but they seemed to just refer to the continuity his stories take place in.
Does this version have a cult?
Yes (Also just noticed this tweet even reinforces the point you made about Lord X's separation prior)
Did Joe say at some point that his version of the void also implied that it was a void outside of the universes?
As far as the tweet said, he came to "our universe" from the void, didn't say much about it other than him being sentient energy.
Did Joe give any context on how Exe creates his slaves? (Because ripping out their souls and putting them in bodies created by him is something from the old JC canon)
All he said is that his victims do not become "slaves", but him being able to place souls in bodies seems consistent with the new lore.
When did this version of Exe use mind manipulation?
I don't think he had it, that might've been me overlooking something by accident.
Does this version also have Reality Warping?
I looked around Joe's Twitter and couldn't find anything specifically about his reality warping, but considering he can easily change environments on a whim like what he did in Hill/Hide and Seek (and the fact that he has his own pocket dimension in the new lore too), I'd say he probably still has it.
Though if that's not enough evidence, it probably could just be a no.

I saw the sandbox and I was wondering something. If he's just made of a mass of energy now, wouldn't that mean his Inorganic Physiology changes to Incorporeality?
Taking into account that it is not confirmed that this version has a real form that is inside Sonic's vessel, then yes, it is assumed that this version of X is completely made of energy.

By the way, good job with the research you did on exe. Since we've come to an agreement that Lord X isn't canon (yet), should we remove him from the template?

What do you think about these new profiles for both characters? (If you think something important is missing, let me know so I can add it). I managed to find something to maintain the soul manipulation of the new version of Exe. There are also some new things. It was impossible for me to calculate the storm because it does not reach the horizon as I thought.

What? Joe is just showing an image of 3 text files in which he is writing Lord X's lore (I don't really care if Lord X retains scaling with JC's version, but, although at some point Joe planned for Lord X to be a sequel from JC's version [which I understand was the case, when he didn't yet have the rights to Exe], all of that was probably reconfigured with the release of the Exe remake. Mainly because the Remake shows us Alan, who also appears in SonicPC).

If you say it because Joe is "treating them as different characters" in that tweet, then no, he only responds that he is writing the lore of Lord X and not the lore of the exe Remake. Lord X is a sequel that isn't fully canon yet (Joe said he doesn't plan to make Lord X canon) and therefore it's a sequel with his own lore and all that. Therefore, in addition to being its own version, SONIC 2011 is made to fit with SonicPC (the non-canonical sequel that Joe owns).

Say what you will at this point, idrc, but I'm researching Lord X and I keep finding stuff that makes it impossible, like this where Lord X doesn't like to use the black hole mouth (from the original), but remake 2011 is fully willing too.

What do you think about these new profiles for both characters? (If you think something important is missing, let me know so I can add it). I managed to find something to maintain the soul manipulation of the new version of Exe. There are also some new things. It was impossible for me to calculate the storm because it does not reach the horizon as I thought.
Looks pretty good.
I'd maybe also add Pocket Reality Manipulation to 2011 X as well since his world is still described as a separate dimension.

Last edited:
Say what you will at this point, idrc, but I'm researching Lord X and I keep finding stuff that makes it impossible, like this where Lord X doesn't like to use the black hole mouth (from the original), but remake 2011 is fully willing too.
The first tweet is from before the Exe remake came out (when Lord X was a sequel to JC Exe), does the term "retcon" sound familiar to you? Why would he keep his creation as part of a timeline he doesn't like, when he made a remake that fits the timeline of his creation (as demonstrated by Alan's appearance in SONIC 2011)?

Also, Lord X and JC Exe do not use the black hole for different reasons, Lord X does not use it because he wants to have fun with his victim, and JC Exe doesn't use it because (for some reason) he doesn't like death and thinks killing a human is a waste of a good "toy".

I'd maybe also add Pocket Reality Manipulation to 2011 X as well since his world is still described as a separate dimension.
However, we do not know if he created that dimension nor if he has full control of his dimension like the OG Exe.

The first tweet is from before the Exe remake came out (when Lord X was a sequel to JC Exe), does the term "retcon" sound familiar to you? Why would he keep his creation as part of a timeline he doesn't like, when he made a remake that fits the timeline of his creation (as demonstrated by Alan's appearance in SONIC 2011)?

Also, Lord X and JC Exe do not use the black hole for different reasons, Lord X does not use it because he wants to have fun with his victim, and JC Exe doesn't use it because (for some reason) he doesn't like death and thinks killing a human is a waste of a good "toy".
It wasn't retconned though. I showed you evidence after the remake came out of him considering it his own thing as well as contradictions in his abilities as well.

These aren't mutually exclusive they're saying the same thing.

It wasn't retconned though. I showed you evidence after the remake came out of him considering it his own thing as well as contradictions in his abilities as well.
You didn't, let's review the evidence you sent.

1)

That the Remake Exe does not have a faker form and Lord X does have one does not mean anything, Lord X would be a sequel (in a different continuity) that would simply reconfigure that from "not having" to "having". Also, Remake Exe can change form, if it doesn't have a Faker form it's because it doesn't want to have one.

2)

I don't understand why you sent this, it's just Joe saying that Exe is using his black hole and implying that the nonsense JC said about Exe not liking using it doesn't apply to his version.

3)

This was before the exe remake was made.

4)

I already answered this above.

In short, what reasons do we have for Lord X to be a continuation of the old JC canon?

None, Joe doesn't like JC's version and wants to keep his version of Exe away from it, and the Exe Remake was also obviously made to fit with SonicPC, due to Alan's appearance in Sonic 2011. Joe also mentions that there are 3 official continuities and replaces the original canon with his new canon, so apparently he doesn't even consider the old canon official.

Also, Remake Exe can change form, if it doesn't have a Faker form it's because it doesn't want to have one.
I'd probably say it's more along the lines that he doesn't know how to do it yet since he's super inexperienced (and somewhat of a child since in-game he gets impatient when you wait too long), while Lord X is an older version that learned how to do a lot more things.
None, Joe doesn't like JC's version and wants to keep his version of Exe away from it, and the Exe Remake was also obviously made to fit with SonicPC, due to Alan's appearance in Sonic 2011. Joe also mentions that there are 3 official continuities and replaces the original canon with his new canon, so apparently he doesn't even consider the old canon official.
Also going to post some tweets here too that help reinforce this, since he's rewriting both canons to get rid of JC's influence.
(I figured out how to use the media tab now I'm not used to using the forum, I won't be embedding this one because it's responding to something a bit sexualized).

Last edited:
Joe also mentions that there are 3 official continuities and replaces the original canon with his new canon, so apparently he doesn't even consider the old canon official.
Also this:

It's pretty evident at this point he's straight up ditching JC's lore and rewriting it while trying to keep it somewhat faithful to the original premise.

(Also we should add either Gravity or Black Hole Manipulation since it outright says it makes one in his mouth)

(Also we should add either Gravity or Black Hole Manipulation since it outright says it makes one in his mouth)
Certain requirements must be met for it to be treated as a real black hole. And Exe does not comply with them.

• It was not shown that X's black hole is a real one or has the characteristics of a real one, in fact when he uses it against people it only consumes their souls, despite the fact that a real black hole does not choose what to consume and creates a force of gravity that consumes everything around it.

So, I made this sandbox for Lord X using things that are in the current profile and things from the current Sonic.exe 2011 profile, without adding anything from the JC version.

However, I have no idea where these things come from:
warp his facial expressions in grotesque ways, grow an elongated sharp tongue
He is aware of metaphysical concepts beyond what a normal human could know.
and I think we should get a source or remove them.

So, I made this sandbox for Lord X using things that are in the current profile and things from the current Sonic.exe 2011 profile, without adding anything from the JC version.

However, I have no idea where these things come from:

and I think we should get a source or remove them.
I also wanted to ask about the Durability Negation parts as well, I never saw anything about him doing that anywhere.

I also wanted to ask about the Durability Negation parts as well, I never saw anything about him doing that anywhere.
Soul Manipulation and Existence Erasure are skills that ignore conventional durability.
warp his facial expressions in grotesque ways, grow an elongated sharp tongue
He is aware of metaphysical concepts beyond what a normal human could know.
So should we eliminate these two things?

Back