• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Level 5 of Academy City - To Aru Majutsu No Index Revision

The Level 5's (except Misaki and Accelerator) have a bit unsatisfactory reasoning for their stats. So here are suggestions on what should be changed:

#7:

• Attack Potency: Should scale to Kiyama Harumi's strongest abilities. Her network of abilities didn't contain any Level 5 abilities, so the Attack Potency of Combat focussed Level 5 like Gunha should be higher than that. That can be further supported by him matching Level 6 Shift Misakas Iron Sand manipulation. So I suggest "at least City Block level" for the AP.
  • Durability: Gunhas main offensive method is the "Amazing Punch" giving him Striking Strength on par with his AP. It is questionable though wether this should scale to druability here, because of the supernatural factors in the technique. Misaka also used several iron sand attacks on him (iron swords and hundreds of iron sand drills). While they are just mentioned as some of the attacks she used and it's not shown how Gunha deals with them, it could support him having City Block level Durability, given Misakas higher and Iron Sand output. Though a subjective observation, there's also Mikoto saying that he feels a lot sturdier than a tank. Furthermore Gunha seemingly also tanked some non-lightning attacks from Level 6 Shift Misaka, whichs output with such attacks should be above Misakas usual Iron Sand output.
    Lastly Gunha tanked Misakas lightning during Level 6 Shift, but note that Aurora Guard could play a role here.
    All in all I suggest "City Block level, likely Small Island level against lightning with Aurora Guard" for his durability stat.
  • Speed: The reactions are fine, but the "Supersonic+ to Hypersonic+" should be replaced with just Supersonic, for the statement of moving with twice the speed of sound.
#4:

• Attack Potency: Should be upgraded to "at least City Block level" also because of scaling from Kiyama Harumi. This can be further supported by her vaporizing a large part of a metal wall here, which I think would return similar values.
  • Durability: Since Muginos shield is based on destroying what is thrown at her before it reaches her using the same ability as her attacks, her Attack Potency should scale to her durability with shields.
#3:

• Durability of Level 6 Shift Transformations: No reasoning for Town level durability is given. Given that "Unknow, at least City Block level with Iron Sand shields" should be given, because Gunha couldn't harm her with her shields intact. (assuming Gunhas AP is given as suggested)
#2:

• Attack potency & Durability: Before Accelerator learned how to control Kakines Dark Matter the two could clash sufficiently equal to powerscale Kakine to Accelerators Base AP. That is probably were Kakines current stats come from, but Accelerators stats were since changed. So Kakines Base and Post revival AP & Dura should be scaled to Accelerators AP. For his Post revival durability it should be additionally noted that while he can create bodies with that durability he seemingly often doesn't bother given them that high durability.
Qiong Qi:

• Attack Potency: Since the Qiong Qi uses Level 5 Psychokinesis its Attack Potency should also scale to Kiyama Harumi and hence be upgraded to "at least City Block level"

That's all for now. What do you think, everyone?

I discussed this in the Toaru thread, so I'll repeat that I agree with these changes in stats and justifications. Qiong Qi did prove his claim of Level 5 Psychokinesis when he used his powers against a very weakened Accel, so there's that. Note that the current Accel in the Accelerator manga is the weakest he has been, so it wouldn't scale to regular Accel.

Also, Beetle-05 (which is equal to Post-revival Kakine except for an unwillingness to spam clones like there's no tomorrow) was able to fight Rensa 29 when she was using Accelerator's power, but got stomped when she pulled out the black wings, so that's another thing to support his stats.

Mentioning Rensa, this of course changes her stats as well (and I need to fix her Notable Attacks and Techniques section sometime...)

This all seems good to me. But wouldn't Mugino's beams ignore durability (and to an extent AP via the shield) by damaging on a quantum level?

On further inspection I have some queries:

when the Qiong Qi and Accelerator clashed they were fairly even, similiar to Kakine's reason for being upgraded shouldn't the Qiong Qi be City level with psychokinesis?

And about Gunha, He usually shouts his attacks out, in the novel with mikoto he was shouting out Aurora Guard over and over. It may honestly do nothing. When he was hit with level 6 Mikotos lightning he stated he let his guard down. So he wouldn't have used Aurora Guard (assuming it did anything to begin with)

Accelerator is likely not in top form in the current manga, his collar is not at the level it started in the light novels and Qiong Qi was using an undescribed trick to fight his reflection. I think it's doubtful it jumped over the other Level 5s and reached Accelerator and Kakine's level. "At least City Block level" should do, it can be mentioned that it fought Accelerator but that Accelerator's level of strength at the time is unclear.

In Gunha's fight with Mikoto, Aurora Guard is described as a mysterious wave from Nayuta's point of view (and she can see AIM diffusion fields), so I think it does something. It just does not work the way Gunha thought it worked.

Sogiita continued to use the mysterious waves to knock the continuous strikes of electricity down to the ground. As he had declared, he hadn't fought back against Mikoto. Besides, it was impossible for him to not be hurt, as it looked like burns were developing on his body.

When you say the collar is not at the level it started as when first introduced in the series, what do you mean?

For Gunha alright, but that seems to solidify the fact he wasn't using Aurora Guard when Mikoto hit him

From chapter 2, the collar in the Accelerator manga only has 5 minutes of battery time when using his "esper mode".

On second thought, it might be. I know that time works weird in fiction sometimes, and IMO it didn't look like he used 10 minutes of battery time on those two events. However, it'd explain how his battery has lasted from chapter 15 without being recharged despite all the fights, chase and defending Estelle and Hasami. Unless this is another Frieza situation.

I don't think the Quiong Qi is quite at Accelerator level either. For example when Accelerator trapped it through the air wall it couldn't escape until it had thrown accelerator back in the clash so that air wall disappeared. Actually re-reading the last few chapters the guy (what was his name again?) even said that the fight the machines put up wasn't on equal footing to Accel.

@Lazy there was also the scene before he started fighting when he used reflection so he could read without the noise, so yeah that would be it.

@DT I guess thats fine enough then for the Qiong Qi then, as for the guys name I forgot it aswell, and so I just refer to him as Yeah

That makes sense. So at least City Block for Qiong Qi, mentioning it's Level 5 in power, though still inferior to Accelerator despite clashing with him.

I just realized this changes St. Germains durability as well.

I hope I forgot nobody else with scaling to them.

Looking at the verse page, besides Rensa and St. Germain I can't think of anyone else currently scaled to the Level 5s that would be affected by this. Though I don't know what happened to Ransuu's page.

I have restored Ransuu's page. I guess it was deleted because of the whole "non-notable normal humans don't need profiles"-discussion thing that was going on. Though he doesn't fall under the category of a normal human without special fighting capabilities, so I don't think that was justified.

Back