• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Loser (Kumagawa) vs The Cursed (Alucard)

Firephoenixearl said:
@Apies My point is, Kumagawa's in character is literally mind f-er. He will just trash anything Alucard has going for him because he likes to make ppl feel hopeless like that. Ofc in character Kuma is not bloodlusted but he will trash someone's skills for fun. He just makes Alucard blind, already has his aura erased (since he erased it long time ago) etc etc.
As long as his mind is alright, couldn't he just think it back into reality?

Quantum Reality Manipulation: At the end of the series, Alucard has acquired Schrödinger's powers after absorbing him during the Millennium incident. This grants him the ability to exist wherever and however he wishes to. It also makes him immortal; Any alterations to his person by outside forces can simply be imagined away, including fatal injuries.

Firephoenixearl said:
Hmm he is omnipresent in metafictional places aswell?
From what I've seen it's a lot like Ajimu's nigh-omnipresence but it's passive, and it also provides low-godly regen.

DMUA said:
Does being "everywhere and nowhere" help?
Not exactly.

You can be omnipresent in physical places only via decent hax or existence traits. Though metafictional places such as dreams, the inside of someone's mind etc is a different case. Has he shown to be there before?

As for the "thinking" i doubt that's gonna outdo all fiction's erasure.

Ok so now things change. So, if this guy is omnipresent it means he will most likely be able to bite kumagawa before he erases (since Kumgawa does to talk a bit). Now the question is, how likely is he to go for the bite?

Ricsi-viragosi said:
50/50 I'd say.
He likes to either drink people's blood while ripping them apart or he just shoot's them.
Hmm i would say Kuma takes this then. Unless Alucard is Bloodlusted he'll get fodderized. All Fiction is too much for him but since it won't start with 1 shot Kuma will most likely resort to bookmaker blitz first.

Firephoenixearl said:
You can be omnipresent in physical places only via decent hax or existence traits. Though metafictional places such as dreams, the inside of someone's mind etc is a different case. Has he shown to be there before?
No, but Shornger's cat (you think I'm going to even try spelling that right), the guy he accidentally ate to gain Omnipresence in the first place, has shown the ability to appear in someone's mind, specifically they used it on Sera Victoria.

Kumagawa is also likely to start with something basic like spamming screws of blitzing with AF. Taking into consideration that Alucard is fairly likely to drink his blood, and Kumagawa won't recover or prevent it quickly enough to stop Alucard from drinking his soul, makes this a likely inconclusive.

It's not certain who uses their killing move first and Kumagawa has a bad habit of letting attacks hit him, which in this case would result in his loss assuming Alucard goes for the drain. Conversely Alucard also usually lets his enemies damage him, so Bookmaker and All Fiction can put him down. The issue is we don't know which is more likely to happen, so inconclusive is the safest option regarding accuracy. If you're saying otherwise even now you must know something I don't, in which case please share.

VindictiveLoser said:
Kumagawa has a bad habit of letting attacks hit him, which in this case would result in his loss assuming Alucard goes for the drain. Conversely Alucard also usually lets his enemies damage him, so Bookmaker and All Fiction can put him down.
Close thread FRA, match doesn't start, they just wait for their opponents first move for eternity and since neither of them can die of old age they just say FU Thread we'r not fighting.

Also for my reason i was mostly thinking of "alucard is a bit more arrogant while Kumagawa is completely opposite to that so Kumagawa feels like he would open up modestly first" though it's just opinion.

But thats wrong.

Alucard, for all that he is sadistic, always eats his enemies souls. The only thing that changes is whenever he does it personaly or ater gunning them down.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
But thats wrong.
Alucard, for all that he is sadistic, always eats his enemies souls. The only thing that changes is whenever he does it personaly or ater gunning them down.
I mean a better arsenal. Alucard has but 1 win condition. Kumagawa has like 4 and Kumagawa can still stop Alucard's attempts at attacking him. I mean Kumagawa can literally just power null him at any desired moments (RIP Ezumachi you will be remembered) and stop anything mid way. While alucard doesn't have this luxury, he cannot stop Kumagawa in any way.

So in a fight where each of the characters has a win condition, but one's can be completely stopped while the other's cannot, who would be the most likely to win? Besides there are also other stuff to factor in like Kumagawa's lack of presence or his mind hax via All Fiction (he can literally make Alucard forget that he has any powers at all).

Kuma starts with his gears, while alucard can aborb his soul with a tought or rip up his mind.

The amount of ways he has is useless if he doesn't use them.

And alucard can completly stop Kuma as long as he decides that he'd prefer eating him.

Like seriously, it's lime me saying that fat buu wins because he has absorption, despite him never using it.

Kuma's likely to go for a bookmaker, but he'll give Alucard the first move, so it depends on if Alucard goes for the bite or the guns first, if that's 50/50 then this should be inconclusive.

It litiraly depends when alucard is being used. Tough, I have to ask, how long does ressurection take?

Like, a instantanious, a few seconds, or what?

That is highly variable, sometimes it'll be instant, sometimes he'll take fatal wounds and just won't die, sometimes he'll be out for a few minutes, sometimes he'll be out for a few seconds, if his opponent gives a monologue he'll typically revive at a cinematically appropriate time to mess that up, . I think he usually has it take however long he thinks will be best for screwing with the opponent.

Oh, he's dead then.

If alucard is in the mood of playing he'l smile, aim for the lower body and maybe say some awesome but cringy in real life lines all the while he absorbs their soul.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
It litiraly depends when alucard is being used. Tough, I have to ask, how long does ressurection take?
Like, a instantanious, a few seconds, or what?
If you are talking about Kumagawa, it's instant. Literally all fiction just alters the past so that Kumagawa never dies, and All Fiction is instant. Though he can delay it to days, though that's on special cases (he had to be dead for sometime once), normally it's practically instant, for the sake of simplicity take it to reaction time.

Btw Kumagawa starting with normal screw blitz isn't rly going to happen here, as he mostly uses them vs ppl he doesn't want to hurt (friends), since using all ficiton or bookmaker is a bit of an overkill. So the chance for Kumagawa not going for a finishing move (which as i said is a lot, which increases the chance) is really really low.

Kuma is pretty much guaranteed to go for bookmaker, yes. But that's only after he takes the first blow. And his revival isn't instant. When he died to snake venom he was pulled out and confirmed dead by the medical team before he revived. When he was killed by Munakata, he only revived himself after giving Munakata time to monologue about how killing wasn't actually all that great. He revives whenever he thinks is best to screw with his opponent, but as Risci pointed out, with Alucard that can get his soul destroyed.

Blahblah9755 said:
Kuma is pretty much guaranteed to go for bookmaker, yes. But that's only after he takes the first blow. And his revival isn't instant. When he died to snake venom he was pulled out and confirmed dead by the medical team before he revived. When he was killed by Munakata, he only revived himself after giving Munakata time to monologue about how killing wasn't actually all that great. He revives whenever he thinks is best to screw with his opponent, but as Risci pointed out, with Alucard that can get his soul destroyed.
Kuma can go for stuff directly doe, like how he "screwed over ajimu" right off the bat or how he fought with Shiranui. Kumagawa taking the 1st blow is more of a plot thing, it's explained in the Kumagawa gaiden where he says "all your skills are nice though they won't be able to beat Ajimu" he literally tests anyone to find someone who can beat her, are we counting that here?

And Kumagawa reviving late is as i explained due to his delay, why wouldn't he delay vs Munakata, he got a free kiss from a sexy lady. Or after being killed by snakes, he was literally just chatting with ajimu inside his heart. These are situational doe, he would in this case have no reason to delay his revival like that.

Also someone pointed out that alucard also wants to take the 1st hit.

ApiesDeathbyLazors said:
Really hopeing this goes through as Incon so as to break Kumagawa's winning streak. :D
Fanbase vote for inconclusive. Or bias vote? What is it called? Anyway we all know your feelings after the last Gil vs Medaka Box match xD (#Salt In Da Wound).

Considering Kumagawa is in my Top 5 of Favorite Characters and the fact that Medaka vs Gil was a shit show makes me sad, your damn right if your saying my feeling are no less then love for the franchise as a whole. I'm happy that this thread has been reletively civil so far. I vote Inconclusive reguardless of my feeling for the franchise. If this were truely a bias vote, do you honestly think I'd be giving Kumagawa any credit at all? There are enough logical reasons to vote Alucard after all.

Back