• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Man of Steel vs The Man of Iron (Superman vs Iron Man)

Colonel_Krukov

🖖 Live long and prosper
He/Him
VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Image Helper
Iron Man (Marvel Comics) vs Superman (Post-Crisis)

Rules:

Iron Man: 3 (Davidsteel1,Newendigo,Knight of Aether)

Superman: 7 (Nico-v11,LoyalservantofInti,PostmodernD,ScarletFirefly,PenMightSword,God-King Superman77,Yomi Schwarz)

Inconclusive: 1 (Peter "Quicksilver" Maximoff)

I've got to say Superman wins. Tony despite having created a suit specifically designed to defeat someone he knew very well, Thor, still failed. It makes sense that since he will know very little if not anything about Superman that Tony will fail again.

@Nico but I feel there's a difference here, unlike Thor Superman ha she a definitive and potent weakness in Kryptonite. If Tony gets his hands on the stuff or figures out how to manufacture synthetic Kryptonite (this was a thing at some point right?) then he has a real chance

Made OP more clearer

@Davidsteel1 Is your vote for Stark?

Superman. Luthor very rarely best him while having prep time and suits designed to kill Superman. Couple that with the fact that even when Stark designs contingency suits, they have a spotty history at best. Than let's throw in that Superman has a scrap ton of hax that are hard to prepare for, kryptonian martial arts, and isn't a slouch when it comes to intelligence or planning either and I think the victor becomes pretty clear.

^Expect Tony is much more smarter and less of a hothead then Luther is, he has successfully created suits for people and things like the phoenix force,and has done some damage to them

@Peter You voting for the ladies ma Man of Iron?

Steel>>>>Iron..... Okay no :v

I'm think that Tony take this, in one week he could just:

1)Get enough information to know very well about Super's weakness (or just steal it).

2)After gained the info, he would build a main armor similar to Lex's War armor and Bat's J-buster but much better.

3)Create a army of Iron mans improved with kryptonite.

4)Take help from his friends, like Banner and Pin to build the armors and the main one, and Thor or D.Strange to get some mistical matter and weapons.

5)Formulate a strategy, analysing Super's feats, the people he fought, their advantage and weakness (which wait to be fixed by him), choose the place and moment and making the plans ranging from A to Z.

After a loooooong fight, with varies injures, blood spilled and broken bones. I think that Stark will rise as the winner.

Luthor is arguably smarter than Tony I'd say, also wealthier and lacks morals. That makes him more dangerous. He knows Superman's weaknesses and IIRC his suit is powered by Kryptonite.

Superman's hax and fighting prowess will likely prevail against Iron Man.

ScarletFirefly said:
Luthor is arguably smarter than Tony I'd say, also wealthier and lacks morals. That makes him more dangerous. He knows Superman's weaknesses and IIRC his suit is powered by Kryptonite.
Superman's hax and fighting prowess will likely prevail against Iron Man.
Like you said, it's arguably but this is not the moment to debate about who is more smarter or wealthier. Colonel didn't even mention that they are in Chara (lol) or bloodlusted so do not bring that argument. Also about that he knows Super's weakness and he suit, see my reasons above.

(See above again).

Honestly I take Superman due to his own intellect (nothing to sneeze at) and the fact that although I allow that Stark is brilliant I'm not seeing him being able to pull it off. I mean look at Metallo, a big metal (robot) man with a kryptonite heart who still loses to Supes (albeit he is much, much dumber than Stark).

Newendigo said:
Like you said, it's arguably but this is not the moment to debate about who is more smarter or wealthier. Colonel didn't even mention that they are in Chara (lol) or bloodlusted so do not bring that argument. Also about that he knows Super's weakness and he suit, see my reasons above.
Having done more research, Lex is in fact smarter than Tony.

He is a genius in Robotics, Solar Energy Utilization, time travel, medicine, genetics, physics, weapon design and many more. Has adapted and weaponized alien technology in a matter of hours. Dude has portal technology than can use for escape or easily BFR people. He's very high in the intelligence ladder in DC (easily top 3) and considers Brainiac his only rival (and snapped his neck). His suit takes hits regularly from people like Superman, Wonder Woman, and others of that caliber. On top of all these, he has serums capable of taking away Superman's powers.

1)Get enough information to know very well about Super's weakness (or just steal it).
Tony has no knowledge on Superman whatsoever, he doesn't know his weakness at all and has no means of figuring it out.

4)Take help from his friends, like Banner and Pin to build the armors and the main one, and Thor or D.Strange to get some mistical matter and weapons.
Outside help is not allowed. Otherwise Superman gets help from other dudes, like from JL.

Also combatants are in character by default.

• SBA: In character but willing to kill
  • As for Stark's intelligence he's up there with Reed and Doom, but a little bit behind. (I'm never letting the fact that he beat Reed at chess go)
  • Stark can attempt to research Superman as he has preparation time (don't know how effective that'll be though) but starts of with no knowledge whatsoever.
  • Stark can attempt to research/train in magical stuff or anything that can work to his advantage, he's just not allowed outside help. I guess he's allowed A.I help, as long as he's made it.

Tony is pretty intelligent, but on the same level as Reed and Victor? Christ no. He may be on the same level as a tactician, but as a scientific mind concerning research? Not even close.

@Scarlet I'm sorry but hasn't Tony literally incorporated mystical and alien tech into his armours constantly? He's also managed to alter his very genetic make up (which is part of the reason that no one can properly operate on him after Civil war 2) mapped his consciousness into an AI. His technological prowess makes him a borderline technopath, and unless I'm mistaken didn't he find a way to pilot a celestial armour? As a scientific mind I'm inclined to heavily disagree that he isn't comparable to them.

ScarletFirefly said:
Having done more research, Lex is in fact smarter than Tony.

He is a genius in Robotics, Solar Energy Utilization, time travel, medicine, genetics, physics, weapon design and many more. Has adapted and weaponized alien technology in a matter of hours. Dude has portal technology than can use for escape or easily BFR people. He's very high in the intelligence ladder in DC (easily top 3) and considers Brainiac his only rival (and snapped his neck). His suit takes hits regularly from people like Superman, Wonder Woman, and others of that caliber. On top of all these, he has serums capable of taking away Superman's powers.. Tony has no knowledge on Superman whatsoever, he doesn't know his weakness at all and has no means of figuring it out. Outside help is not allowed. Otherwise Superman gets help from other dudes, like from JL.

Also combatants are in character by default.
Again you arguing about something different, Tony and Lex's intelligence is argueble.

Tony is one of the most smarters characters in marvel (rivalizing with D. fantastic, Doom and others), he had fought many types of enemys, who include: Advanced alien races, people who use magic and other companies that trying to steal his role of G.B.P.P.

He has a plenty of armor which can reach easily FTL travel, busters that can match with powerful characters like Thor, Hulk, X-mens and he even builded a suit to deal with the FENIX FORCE in avengers v/s x-men (and separed the fenix in 5 differents parts), led multiple times the Avengers in countless misions and can keep up in H2H combat with Cap (even when he was holding back)

You claims that Tony is not one of the most intelligence guys in his own verse, which is a little bit of downplay (to me to be honest).

Prep-time is allowed, and for your surprise, outsite help count like a prep-time (Edit: i just realized that Krukov said that outsite help is not allowed, i could'n take out my idiot impulse).

Thats even matter?

Problem is tony needs to modify his suit Like 115 times stronger as superman is that much stronger then Thor in solar system level.

@David

To be fair, Tony would never could use the God-killer, since the robot could not controlled by him because Stark don't have the DNA (He does not even is a Stark, he was adopted), the only one who could pilot the God-killer was his brother Arnold.

@Huesito

That if you use the low ends, Thor become more stronger even when he was no more worthy for his hammer, that's says something.

@Newendigo

Tony suits tend to not work even when the guy specifically builds them to defeat his opponents. And he didn't do anything to the PF, he just divided it to parts that latter proceeded to beat all of them.

And as I mentioned before, the deal killer is that Tony isn't aware of Superman's weakness. So his prep becomes a lot less deadly by default.

@Scarlet but isn't that generally because the guys Tony usually fights don't have a specific and exploitable weakness? Thor, Hulk and the Phoenix force don't have their own unique Kryptonites to take advantage of but Superman does and he's still not resistant to magical attacks. And the whole point of the week of prep time is to figure out ur opponents strength and weaknesses and considering that Superman's weakness to kryptonite isn't a very well kept secret Tony who can borderline hack into almost anything with terrestrial based tech will find out and exploit it.

Going to address a few points.

1. Whoever is more rich or more intelligent between Luthor and Tony is almost moot. The amount is likely so negligible that it doesn't matter. Luthor is an 11th level intellect.

2. Lex Luther has been portrayed as hot headed, he has also been cold and calculating. The personality differences I find to also be negligible because of this. Tony is full of himself plenty of times in the comics, he has also underestimated people he thought he knew the power levels of.

3. Lex knows about Superman's weaknesses. Not just kryptonite. Red sun, magic, and the on again off again sonic frequencies. He has also had way more than a week to exploit these weakneses. Again, his suits are literally designed to fight superman and have had more than a week's thought put in to them. The suits also don't just exploit Superman's weakneses often, but are physically comparable to the main justice league roster.

4. Tony's best ranked suit on this site is 115 times weaker than superman.

5. Are we just going to ignore Superman is aware of his weakneses? Half his rogue's gallery tries to exploit them on a near constant basis. Superman is not stupid, he often recognizes when these things come up. He has learned to deal with this.

So, Tony has a week to do what someone of comparable intelligence has been unable to do over the course of years and he has to build something that his enemy is likely going to understand and have ways to fight against, or at the very least not be all that shocked by. I remain unswayed.

That's enough votes for Superman. 24 hour period starts now.

Also, on a side note, isn't Stark>>>Lex Luther?

IDK, Lex traded blows with a weakened Post Crisis Superman, but Tony has a suit meant to fight Thor. If Tony goes with the Thor suit he wins, he loses other then that.

Gargoyle 1 said:
IDK, Lex traded blows with a weakened Post Crisis Superman, but Tony has a suit meant to fight Thor. If Tony goes with the Thor suit he wins, he loses other then that.
So you're voting for Stark?

Kryptonite is inconsistent by how much it weakens superman but it probably could bridge the gap between 115 although a number was never stated and that could be speculation. So I don't know if superman would be a unknown tier with krpytonite weakening him.

@Gargoyle 1

In this match-up

@Huesito

Where come from that calc that you claims? Can you explain why Superman is specifically "115" more stronger than Thor. I'm curious.

Edit:Try to formulate better becuase saying that someone is "insert especific number" more than other character(s) is pretty flaw.

Back