• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The monthly visitor statistics

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
He/Him
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
The new statistics are in for this month.

The visitor count has increased again, this time to 628100 x 5.48 = 3441988 page views in total (counting both the regular and mobile web) for the month of August 2016

The average visiting time has also increased, to 6 minutes and 47 seconds.

https://www.similarweb.com/website/vsbattles.wikia.com

Big thanks to the staff for helping to take care of this wiki.

Yes.

Btw: Should we use this forum thread for informing the staff about the new visitor statistics once every month? They are usually released the 8th day of the month, so if I forget, or am absent, somebody else can do it.

^ Seems like a good idea.

Also, congrat to all the admins and above who keep this place from falling apart.

We seem to have a solid international reach too. Which is always a good thing. I'm sure this site strives to be one of the best, most accurate character indexing sites, and if we can reflect that all around the world, then we could have a site that will go down in history as one of the best.

I dunno about going down in history, as it is hard enough just to keep the site running, and I still think that the ACF wiki is technically of considerably better quality for the higher tier profiles, but we currently seem to have the most visitors of all character statistics wikis in the world. That is something at least.

This is very noiiice

Considering how the majority of the social trafficking comes from Reddit, Facebook, and Youtube; we might want to expand our horizons and I dunno, create a vsbattle account on at least one of those to further gain some more views, but that's just me and somewhat derailing this thread.

Good job guys.

@CrossverseCrisis Yup.

@SD: IDK about making an account on YT and Reddit tho. We do seem to have a bunch of extreme haters on the latter, and some people of the same on the former.

FB? Never heard much hate from there AFAIK...

@SomebodyData

I don't think that would be a good idea.

We are strained enough just taking care of this site, and those places have very loose rules of conduct, with lots of people who dislike us that would constantly create trouble and drain our resources.

The reason for why we succeed is that we strictly focus on the quality of our main site, and because Google prioritises Wikia in their search function. The visitors follow by themselves from that. Constant desperate marketing and boasting elsewhere would just turn people away, and lessen the quality of our "product".

Is that so? @Cross

In that case, it might be better just to FB for the moment, if we were to begin to "advertise" VsBattles out in the open of course.

Maybe I should make a staff members only separate thread for that topic?

EDIT: Oh I see @Ant, nvm what I said then

Completely agree with Ant. Broadening out to other social media sites would be stressful, impractical, unnecessary and most even harmful to our quality/reputation most likely.

We should keep the size of this site as it is. We already have a considerable challenge in maintaining the site at its current size anyways. Having a bigger site would mean that our workload would only increase.

@Ant: I think your reasoning here is solid, especially your last paragraph.

And congratulations to the staff and other regular, helpful members for contributing to us achieving this humoungous milestone. Congratulations everyone! :D

Basically, we are overworked enough as it is, and cannot afford to take care of other groups. I would also rather avoid dealing with a horde of extreme irrational trolls, and frankly, as you can see from our growing popularity, we do not need it.

Not trying to add more stuff here on that but there's also the fact that i can get more angrier if i have to deal with even more stuff like what Ant pointed out.

It's bad enough even then of us dealing with constant users here who troll and are being rude. Dealing with the same but twice if not more than currently would just break me.....and that's not a very good thing anyone wants to see me in.

Agreed. It is an extremely bad idea, and would basically destroy us.

Just to give a realistic idea of what would happen, (as i administrate quite a few Facebook debate groups) 1,000+ comment VS threads involving the more popular characters are not uncommon, and they can get ugly real quick. (Especially if the group in question has over 10k members, i admin ones with 11k, and 31k members respectively)

I'm just offering my evidence in case anyone does support such an idea. That's what you will be dealing with.

Well I was thinking more of a non-controversial but known profile of a day or showcasting a calc or two from time to time, to appeal more to a smarter and more mature audience, but I understand your points and won't.

Anyways, this thread is getting kinda derailed.

Back