• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The "My Side is losing? Then it got to be a stomp!" Problem

Most people here should know the occurence where once the winner is obvious, the loser side's supporters all of a sudden begin arguing in favor of a stomp and suddenly "remember" that, after all, their favorite character might have a few more weaknesses than previously thought, while the winner's side suddenly starts praising the "valiant effort" of the obvious loser of the match and then emphasize his/her/its 0.00001% chance of victory for the match and that it's therefore a decisive victory. Of course in both cases to push/prevent the win/loss to be added to the respective profiles.

What I wanted to ask is what is the "official stance" on this? When I see it happen, it's either delicatedly ignored by both sides and they just both continue with things until the result really is clear cut and the side that doesn't get their way reluctantly accepts the result, which is the "good outcome", or otherwise people start accusing each other of underplaying/overselling a character and it becomes a mess.

So if it's the former, do the mods, by principle let it continue as is, or will there be intervention (if the phenomenom is obvious)? I can imagine in the chaotic "screaming at each other" case, mods would interfere, but I am primarily asking about the first one. Do the mods (on principle) interfere with such a situation even if the outcome is not too affected by it, or is it just let go, unless it gets REALLY troubling?

I am sure someone asked this question before at some point, but it's hard to think of a proper keyword for it.

Back