• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The nature of the soul (Black clover version)

Hello, in this topic I will try to show that the soul in BC can also be classified as an individual concept of each living being

the soul in BC is the source of all aspects of a person being body, mind, magic and life.
Affecting the soul is automatically affecting all these aspects and this is shown several times:
I think all of this serves as strong evidence that the soul is a fundamental part that shapes an individual's body, mind, magical power/attribute and life, and by being the source of a person's magic it should also have an abstract physiology already that these types of magic exist:
Furthermore, as it is the source of the mind, the soul is connected with cognition as well, and because of this it can take the form of its owner's perception, for example:

• demons, which are beings that seek to bring and experience despair, hatred, lack of faith and death, and when they are in their soul form they are composed of these things

Therefore, I think it is fair to say that the soul is a type 3 concept of an individual since it is fundamental and can be the source of abstractions

I agree:

Neutral:

I disagree:

Last edited:
In ch 221, Charlotte says Forbidden Magic (Negative Mana) messes with the shape of the life and of the world, and that the quality of her magic changed because the shape of her soul was altered

Wrong link

Also you should add these:

Magna being able to take Dante's Magic once his soul is connected to him (Chapter 292)

Conrad planning on perfectly bringing back the dead citizens from their souls (Movie)
I fixed the link, and added the Magna part, I'm looking for a way to put scans of the film

Maybe add the scan that grimoire is linked to the soul if you can find it.

In the film look for the part where it states the function of the sword (to absorb mana and magic) then find where it’s stated it takes along a piece of their soul in the process.

The links below in the OP focus more on this part, The main point here is that the soul can be the source of a person's magic, which includes conceptual magic like Morris
There's a difference between a power that can interact with concepts and something being purely a concept in of itself

Morris' magic is able to interact with concepts but it isn't a concept in of itself, at no point in the scan provided in the OP or here does he say that his magic is "The concept of modification" - These words are never strung together in any of the scans- it is just able to modify stuff he then got the added benefit of being able to interact with concepts once he got devil power.

There's a difference between a power that can interact with concepts and something being purely a concept in of itself

Morris' magic is able to interact with concepts but it isn't a concept in of itself, at no point in the scan provided in the OP or here does he say that his magic is "The concept of modification" - These words are never strung together in any of the scans- it is just able to modify stuff he then got the added benefit of being able to interact with concepts once he got devil power.
I understand, but what about Dorothy's magic?Dream magic might fit more into what I'm proposing

I wont deny anything like CM but this just seems to be an effect of the magic (being able to interfere with concepts) not the magic itself being conceptual.

I understand how the Scan shows it appears to be an NPI, but to give more context it can only affect concepts by refining its magic power/attribute,His being able to affect conceptual substances is just a consequence of him having refined his magic to such a level

Not a big fan of saying since soul is a fundamental aspect of a persons existence it would be CM.

Souls are inherently a fundamental aspect of someone. Souls can be conceptual but this doesn't seem to be it.
We need to rework this CRT @King_Gorilla4002-8922

If I'm understanding this correctly, it's just the way the powers system of our verse works. We understand that the soul is the identity of a user's magic and you can't use another person's grimoire depeneding on your soul Yuno and Lucius being exceptions because they were born with 2 souls, lucius has soul magic being able to manipulate souls and the elf soul to Yuno being without form and pretty much surrendering control to Yuno. Again note identity - it's almost as if your soul is your magic.

4 types of mana: wind, water, flame and earth. every other magic branches off one of them so whilst u can have spatial magic, your real magic (without the grimoire) is likely originated from wind or sm else but again, depending on your soul, your magic is also determined. I'm assuming that tthe point of the thread is that there's no reason why your magic isn't what it is identified by. (basically, your soul is your magic because your magic is identified by the soul). and the proof is right in the thread if you understand the context of the power system in regards to the panels shown above.

So if your magic is your soul because it's what your magic identifies as and vice versa, would it be wrong to assume that the soul and magic are both fundamental to each other? Conceptual manipulation type 3 because whenever you cast a spell using a grimoire, it's like you're casting your own soul or using your soul to fight based on the explanation I was cooking. I mean look how charlotte's magic was changed cause her soul was changed.

If I'm understanding this correctly, it's just the way the powers system of our verse works. We understand that the soul is the identity of a user's magic and you can't use another person's grimoire depeneding on your soul Yuno and Lucius being exceptions because they were born with 2 souls, lucius has soul magic being able to manipulate souls and the elf soul to Yuno being without form and pretty much surrendering control to Yuno. Again note identity - it's almost as if your soul is your magic.

4 types of mana: wind, water, flame and earth. every other magic branches off one of them so whilst u can have spatial magic, your real magic (without the grimoire) is likely originated from wind or sm else but again, depending on your soul, your magic is also determined. I'm assuming that tthe point of the thread is that there's no reason why your magic isn't what it is identified by. (basically, your soul is your magic because your magic is identified by the soul). and the proof is right in the thread if you understand the context of the power system in regards to the panels shown above.

So if your magic is your soul because it's what your magic identifies as and vice versa, would it be wrong to assume that the soul and magic are both fundamental to each other? Conceptual manipulation type 3 because whenever you cast a spell using a grimoire, it's like you're casting your own soul or using your soul to fight based on the explanation I was cooking. I mean look how charlotte's magic was changed cause her soul was changed.
I think there are also two more important things that might be worth noting, given how the grimoire is tied to the soul,

1)Charlotte activating her red roses changed the cover of her grimoire (which is tied to her soul) matching her dual weilding her cursed blue roses + red roses.

2) Mana, and the origin of souls appear to be one and the same. Moreover, mana is simply defined as (invisible) supernatural energy.

Last edited:

If I'm understanding this correctly, it's just the way the powers system of our verse works.
Yes, I planned to make another topic if this one was accepted, addressing the verse's power system.
We understand that the soul is the identity of a user's magic and you can't use another person's grimoire depeneding on your soul Yuno and Lucius being exceptions because they were born with 2 souls, lucius has soul magic being able to manipulate souls and the elf soul to Yuno being without form and pretty much surrendering control to Yuno. Again note identity - it's almost as if your soul is your magic.
My plan would actually involve more mana, mana is what forms the soul, several things in the work imply this, for example:
Sorry for the delay in responding, I was traveling this weekend, I just got back

Back