• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Nazgûl vs Sauron.

Looking at their profiles, these seem relevant:
Nazgul:
Immortality (Type 1, 3 and 8), Regeneration (Low-Godly: Cannot truly be destroyed so long as they still wear their rings. Instead they return to Barad-dûr to slowly regain their physical form),
Weaknesses: Shown to be averse to sunlight and are generally weak to fire. It takes time for them to regain their physical form. They will likely die if their connection with their Ring is severed.

Sauron:
Immortality (Type 1 and 8) (Justification?)
Telekinesis (Summoned the One Ring back from Celebrimbor's hand with this power)
Weaknesses: The One Ring can be stolen and used against him (This has the side effect of the user being corrupted over time and Sauron can retrieve it when needed). Sauron can also be destroyed by destroying his ring and absorbing a target's spirit forces him to be locked in combat with that spirit

They have several other powers, but I'm not sure not how useful they are. For example:
Mind Manipulation (Can release Uruk and orcs from branding)
Mind Manipulation is great to have, but I think Sauron wants the OPPOSITE of freeing someone from mind control here, & if he doesn't have said opposite option....

Well, let's ask this, then:
Do the Nazgul know about Sauron's weakness to the One Ring being destroyed? There's nine of them & their Standard Equipment is
"Standard Equipment: Swords and a Ring of Power".

So is it just 1 Nazgul? Or all 9 of them? Do they have The One Ring? Which Ring(s) of Power?

Because as it stands, the Nazgul probably die if their connection with their Ring is severed. Can't Sauron do that to them easily?
But on the other hand, if they know about Sauron's weakness, & have the One Ring, they can just destroy the One Ring to kill Sauron.
& even if they have multiple rings, they don't need to know which ring is The One Ring; Just form a bucket line of the Nazgul & have each break another's ring in succession.

Yes, destroying their rings is probably literal suicide for several of them, but besides that it could catch Sauron off-guard, they only need ONE Nazgul to survive to beat Sauron, don't they? & all the combatants have Type 8 Immortality, so do they have even other win conditions anyway?
So if they can destroy their rings fast enough, even if they destroy them at random, they still have an almost 89% chance of destroying The One Ring before all of them die.

& again, yes, the Nazgul destroying one anothers' rings is practically suicide, but Sauron could just insta-sever their connection to their rings, can't he? Other than them being his once loyal servants & Sauron possibly considering to fight fair at first, they don't really have time to put up a proper fight; It's hope they blow up The One Ring or lose, as far as I understand it.

Of course, The Nazgul have to think to do this, & do so before Sauron decides to stop fighting fair (If he ever starts fair to begin with.), & again, they need to know about said The One Ring weakness to exploit it, & each of them having a ring for Sauron to seize only buys them a little time, even if it's by Telekinesis(?).

ALL THAT said, however, I am not really a Lord of the Rings expert, so I'll probably wait for more input before I'm voting for either side.

Last edited:
I mostly made this thread because The Nazgûl have better Showings against Talion than Sauron does, unironically.

Back