• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Udlmaster

They/Them
During LOLK (Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom), Marisa finds an object called: "The Occult Ball" and worries that it could cause chaos in Gensokyo, however, Yukari states that it isn't nearly enough to cause chaos but does consider it enough to change Gensokyo and Yukari talks about who made it and who gave it power, Sagume Kishin.

Marisa assumed that Yukari was going to break it and implies that she herself cannot break it (Marisa). We know Sagume is classified as "At least 4-A" due to being a Lunarian Goddess, but Yukari being able to destroy her Occult ball (Which enables Last Words) and this isn't just any Occult Orb but the Occult Orb of the Lunar Capital, one that Reimu realises this: "Reimu also realizes that the Lunar Capital ball was not like the others since it did not come from the Outside World, and may have been put there by someone else without Sumireko's knowledge.", so it's a Lunarian Artifact.

Marisa also thinks that Yukari with the Artifact could Invade the Lunar Capital and the Outside world. Could this mean that Yukari is somewhat comparable to the Lower tiers of the Lunar Capital? We know Sagume Kishin is considered lesser and Kanako says this: "the conversation quickly turned into one about Sagume Kishin, with Kanako saying if she's the Sagume, then the lunarians are akin to the heavenly gods. "

We don't know if the Occult Balls have anywhere near the full power of Sagume. It's why our profile about them is just High 4-C (profile that I made before seeing this thread, mind you).

Keep in mind that both the Occult Ball and Yukari are heavily hax-based. Yukari destroying the ball doesn't mean she can use sheer power to blow it up (In fact, not sure the Ball would even have 4-A durability even if it's 4-A in AP). Same as with the Occult Ball. Them having the potential to "invade" the Capital doesn't mean it has 4-A AP when its main power is reality warping stuff out of existence.

Also, both Yukari being able to break the ball and the ball being able to invade the Capital are both from Marisa, who honestly has no idea what she is talking about. Her word seems highly unreliable.

And finally, as always, Yukari being comparable to the Capital is way too contradictory, even if Sagume is on the lower end of it. Hell, you contradict yourself in your own argument, saying that the Ball > the Capital, yet that Yukari > the Ball, meaning that Yukari > the Capital, which makes no sense if she needs the ball to take over the Capital (And makes no sense period).

No, no, I was merely wondering what people thought of my thought process, but didn't Marisa or any of the other protags just fight multiple beings who are comparable to the Lunar Capital (Junko) and (Not saying that Junko and Marisa/ Any protag are comparable, I know about the Spellcard rules.) all, but wouldn't they get a good feel for their power?

They fought them in a Spell Card fight. I don't really think it's enough for Marisa to be able to tell their full power. Same for the Occult Balls too really.

Back