• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Official Calculation Request Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're having issues issues trying to decide what speed travelling stellar distances in seconds as seen here 1:33:00 would warrant Arceus. If a calc could be provided, we would be grateful.

Could this feat relate to lifting strength in some way? I estimated the mass of rock to be 2,650,000 metric tons and tried to take into account the fact that they were underwater. Following this example, I got an "apparent weight" of 1,650,000 metric tons. I used 100m x 100m x 100m for the volume since the chunk of rock was bigger than Cryptocledius, who is said to have a body length of 100 m on Wikizilla. I figured blowing away so much rock so easily could count for something.

The Living Tribunal1 said:
lifting? I highly doubt that that feat wud count as a lifting feat
I just wanted to know before I wasted my time trying to figure out how pushing something correlated to lifting strength.

Well, I decided to calc it anyway just out of curiosity and I'd like to know if my math is valid, even if it doesn't lead to any stat changes.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:ZillaJrKaijuKing/Zilla_Jr._smashes_and_pushes_aside_part_of_a_mountai

I also posted a couple more calculations.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/U.../G:TS_"Wedding_Bells_Blew"_Beam_Clash_Re-Calc

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:ZillaJrKaijuKing/Hanna_Barbera_Godzilla_lifts_an_iceberg

For the last one, it turns out Hanna Barbera Godzilla may have Class G lifting strength. I haven't watched that series, but HB Godzilla's page also mentions a feat involving Godzilla lifting the Colossus in which Godzilla seemingly struggles to carry the Colossus, which supposedly weighs only tens of thousands of tons. I'd appreciate if anyone more versed in the HB Godzilla series could determine whether or not the iceberg feat is an outlier.

Darkanine said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nbIqRQxLS4&feature=youtu.be&t=4mCould someone Calc Matt's slicing of the planet? If its not to much trouble, that is.
Well, it's not for an official series but it is actually super easy.

Seperation took 2 seconds (approx.)

The seperation distance for both halves is clearly half the radius of the earth.

So v = 3185500/2 = 1592750m/s

Mass of earth is 5.972 x 10^24 kg

KE = .5 x 5.972 x 10^24 x 1592750^2 = 7.575 x 10^36 joules = 1.81 ninatons of TNT = large planet level

Alakabamm said:
Darkanine said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nbIqRQxLS4&feature=youtu.be&t=4mCould someone Calc Matt's slicing of the planet? If its not to much trouble, that is.
Well, it's not for an official series but it is actually super easy.
Seperation took 2 seconds (approx.)

The seperation distance for both halves is clearly half the radius of the earth.

So v = 3185500/2 = 1592750m/s

Mass of earth is 5.972 x 10^24 kg

KE = .5 x 5.972 x 10^24 x 1592750^2 = 7.575 x 10^36 joules = 1.81 ninatons of TNT = large planet level
Well, two of the games got official commerical releases on Steam so I'd think it count as an "official" series (fun fact, The fourth game in the series is currently the second highest rated RPG on Steam, only behind Undertale!). Thanks for the help.

Can someone calc this punch from the One Punch man anime if it hasn't been done already? I figure if it's anything impressive it should scale to Geno's durability since he tanked the air pressure point blank

Saitama punches Genos
Saitama punches Genos 2

Alakabamm said:
It doesn't scale to Genos because Saitama intentionally missed him
I see, I thought since the air pressure still hit him and that's what caused the destruction it might scale. That's too bad.

Is there a different perspective in terms of that feat? I am assuming Saitama's fist stopped beside Genos' head instead of stopping directly in front of it?

Otherwise the energy due to air pressure should apply.

No there's no other angle, (unless it's in the One webcomic) but if you zoom in on the gif you should be able to see that all the air pressure/dust cloud goes flying back directly behind Genos, so I assume Saitama just stopped the punch right in front of Genos's face

I calculated a high end for the storm formation feat I tried to quantify before, only this time I'm assuming the real life conditions of storm formation. Do my assumptions sound reasonable?

I'm also planning to calculate Final Wars Godzilla's normal beam strength sometime soon, unless someone has already done it before.

Hello.

Could someone calculate this feat (1, 2) if at all possible? It may be important for the Part 1 Dragon Ball revisions going on.

@Zilla, this is the calc request thread so you need to share completed calcs with members on their pages. I will look at the energy beam thing in a little bit.

@Kaen, looks like aimdodging due to the transition between panels.

@Cristobal, the first feat is possible to calc but the second one would probably not get a value above what we normally consider superhuman, which is implied anyways.

First feat: from what I remember of earlier games, those stacks of two crates are meant to hide the lower body when shooting. According to here, they are 48 units high = 1.22m.

So, scaling:
Idjncfn
Crate stack height = 243 pixels = 1.22m

Screen height = 1080 pixels

Angsizing for degrees, degrees = 2atan(tan(70/2)*(243/1080)) = 8.95 degrees

Plugging into angsize calculator gives us a distance of 7.7943 meters. Timeframe of travel is 1 second, so speed = 7.7943m/s.

Plugging into KE (1/2mv^2) and assuming american tons, we get a total energy of 5511.2 joules.

@Promestein, if it isn't a laser we can't assume a speed for the beam. We would need some way to compare it to bullets or something.

@Gemmysaur, that would be considered calc stacking.

@Darkanine, I will try doing it in a second. Looks pretty easy actually.

@Cropfist, the problem with the explosion one is that the best thing to scale is the mountains and mountains are extremely variable in size. So calcs using mountains for scaling are very doubtful. I will try with a 500m assumption for the tall mountain height, but it's still kinda tough.

1. Lightning dodge conversion:

Our lightning speed (440,000m/s)/OBDs (150,000m/s) = 2.933

So speed based on this calc is 2.933*171.53 = Mach 503.15

2. Explosion:

Scaling:
9387497484png
Mountain size = 500m = 94 pixels

Explosion diameter = 136 pixels = 723.4m

Plugging into nuke calculator, we get an energy of 0.39 megatons or 390 kilotons or large town level.

Alakabamm said:
@Zilla, this is the calc request thread so you need to share completed calcs with members on their pages. I will look at the energy beam thing in a little bit.
So I've been using this thread wrong this whole time? Oh man, I'm sorry. I thought this was also for requesting that completed calcs be checked. I re-posted the request in the Content Revision thread I made.

Gemmysaur said:
Would scaling from Pietro's perception work? I mean from Pietro's point of view, Thor is clearly moving faster than everyone sans him and the repulsors.

Pietro's perception of Thor's movement.

Pietro's perception of Thor's throwing of Mjolnir.

Pietro's perception of a handgun's bullet.
That looks really inconsistent. In the first video, we see that Thor in free fall is moving about the same speed as a bullet in the second video. Obviously, that shouldn't be the case. Also, there isn't a horizontal Thor movement.to scale to, just Mjolnir.

@Zilla,

This is probably best done with KE, so I will be finding the speed that the building + Ebirah + Hedorah moved after being hit.

I made a gif that lasts 2.321 seconds and split it into 25 frames. So timespan between one frame is 2.321/25 or 0.09284s.

Between frame 10 and frame 12 , there was a distance created between a city block (80m according to wikipedia, as a minimum )

Scaling, we get:
City block = 80m = 80 pixels

Distance traveled = 47 pixels = 47m

So speed is 47m/2(0.09284)s = 253.1 m/s

The mass of those objects is easier, because Ebirah and Hedorah have official weights (50,000 and 70,000 metric tons, respectively). The building is harder, but accoridng to this page, 3,000 metric tons per floor is a good estimate and I counted 15+ floors. So 45,000 metric tons for that, adding up to a total of 1,650,000,000kg.

Hence, KE = 5.285 x 10^13 Joules = 12.6 kilotons of TNT = Town level

@Darkanine,

Timeframe is 4 seconds in video from when He-man pushed it to distance shown in picture.
837y74y4r78
Diameter of moon = 3474 km = 335 pixels

Screen height = 1080 pixels

Degrees = 2atan(tan(70/2)*(335/1080)) = 24.5 degrees

Plugging into angsize calculator gives us a distance of 8000km

So speed is 8000km/4 seconds = 2,000,000m/s

Mass of moon = 7.348 x 10^22 kg

Plugging into wolfram alpha's relatistic KE calculator, I get a KE of 2.353 x 10^36 Joules or 98.45 yottatons or Large Planet Level

Alakabamm said:
That looks really inconsistent. In the first video, we see that Thor in free fall is moving about the same speed as a bullet in the second video. Obviously, that shouldn't be the case. Also, there isn't a horizontal Thor movement.to scale to, just Mjolnir.
Hmm. Didn't really look that way to me. It looked more like Thor was turning his body instead of freefalling near as fast as the bullet that came from the floor in the third video.

Also, Iron Man was going upwards but he was barely budging there in the background in the first video, but I don't know how that would help.

But ok I guess. I'll try asking around for more opinion on it. Thanks.

@Alakabamm Thanks!. Another question, what is the durability of the main character from BO3:

-He can dead with 3 shots (in realistic mode)

-His legs and arms are implants.

-Can use a weapon with a recoil that can break/cut the arm when the user don't have an artificial arm.

Cristobal1234 said:
@Alakabamm Thanks!. Another question, what is the durability of the main character from BO3:
-He can dead with 3 shots (in realistic mode)

-His legs and arms are implants.

-Can use a weapon with a recoil that can break/cut the arm when the user don't have an artificial arm.
Well, that would just be superhuman since the forces involved are super extraordinary or the like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back