• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Official Debunk Thread

main-qimg-66f6090f7fc7c9e3aa8186648201d9e5

Last edited:
CAN ANYONE DEBUNK THIS COZ PPL R SAYING GOKU IS OUTER
main-qimg-66f6090f7fc7c9e3aa8186648201d9e5
Hey, this is much more detailed than the previous answers.

^ This is wrong

"天よりも高く、人間界からは窺い知ることができない次元を超越した天の国神々はこの地から世界のすべてを見おろしている"

Actually translates to

“In a Realm hard to grasp located just Above the Human World, The Gods in the Dimension Of the Heavens observe the Land”

This is found by Actually understanding the Kanji and Ciphering it From Reliable Japanese Encyclopedias like Jisho

The Google Translate and other translators confuse Transcending with Being located above something, Dimension is referring to a Point of Reference here, like a Realm.

Look at the Kanji yourselves in the definitions of each kanji none speaks of Transcendence

This further proves Ian's consistency

IMG_5760.jpg

5D_GOKU_DEAD2.png

image0-28.jpg

https://jisho.org/

Hey, this is much more detailed than the previous answers.

^ This is wrong

"天よりも高く、人間界からは窺い知ることができない次元を超越した天の国神々はこの地から世界のすべてを見おろしている"

Actually translates to

“In a Realm hard to grasp located just Above the Human World, The Gods in the Dimension Of the Heavens observe the Land”

This is found by Actually understanding the Kanji and Ciphering it From Reliable Japanese Encyclopedias like Jisho

The Google Translate and other translators confuse Transcending with Being located above something, Dimension is referring to a Point of Reference here, like a Realm.

Look at the Kanji yourselves in the definitions of each kanji none speaks of Transcendence

This further proves Ian's consistency

IMG_5760.jpg

5D_GOKU_DEAD2.png

image0-28.jpg

https://jisho.org/
I disagree with this. From what I've seen, Herms had provided his own translation which should be more standard for interpreting the original text.
nt056dgcjp1b1.png

As for Ian, I have to say I'm skeptical regarding his translation for a couple reasons.
  • He left out the kanji 次元を超越し, which is what's being translated as "dimensionally transcendental," saying it was too "overliteralized" for him to willingly translate it along with everything else. Regardless of what you think "dimensionally transcendental means," when it comes to the powerscaling of East Asian works where there's so much hyperfocus on the raw text, I don't think translations that leave out the most important text should be prioritized over those that aim to capture the entire original meaning.
  • This guy Ian whom you're citing had interpreted this exact same scan before as asserting that otherworld is "extra-dimensional."
  • He also said that Herms' translation is more reliable than his own.
There are also various other translations (from Japanese natives btw) agreeing that the scan asserts a higher dimensional otherworld rather than "dimensionally transcendental" asserting a spiritual transcendence.
9geewuh6vp1b1.png

ijecnhbovp1b1.png

Hell, this one guy released a debunk on youtube against higher dimensional afterlife under a video entitled "Does Goku Actually Solo" recently, and even the translator he used to debunk Herms' higher dimensional afterlife translation agrees that the scan is talking about higher dimensions (lmao).
image.png

The main argument I see by the end of the day is that it's more likely referring to spiritual transcendence because otherworld has context of being based on buddhist afterlives (which are spiritually higher planes) but lacks context of being a higher dimension in a mathematical sense... but otherworld has had higher dimensional properties attributed to it before (whether or not you think the scan below is consistent, you can't really argue that otherworld has never been described as a higher dimension in the spatiotemporal sense before).
silver-the-hedgehog-archie-vs-future-trunks-dbs-v0-3ewjtl5frkaa1.png
main-qimg-b7cbd0f929c5f00e321eaab107f1d179-lq

Shit, I swore I'd never defend 5-D afterlife if I joined this site, but here I am now...

Regardless though, even if you agreed with spatiotemporally higher dimensional afterlife, it would need to be a certain size to be considered a significantly large higher dimension by our standards.

Back