• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nelo Angelo? Alright. So basically any hit from Vergil one-shots, knocking him out instantly. Honestly I'm pretty sure Nelo Angelo takes this. He can easily regenerate from any strike that TOBS throws at him, and can easily overpower him in a sword lock or if they clashed. I feel like TOBS is only prolonging the inevitable, all Vergil needs is one lucky punch or a sword bash and there he goes, unconscious. This seems a little stompish, I don't see any way for TOBS to win. Interesting matchup though, but it would be a lot better if TOBS was on a higher tier.

No, Vergil's Regenerationn counters that hard core. Even Dante was able to survive and regen fast enough to heal from Judgement Cuts.

Dante does get cut up, his Regenerationn is just fast enough to counter. Even applying that logic, Vergil has resistance to the Yamato's stabs too.

There is a scene in DMC3 where Yamato fails to cut Dante which if he lacked resistance, it would have gone through his entire arm and cut it off

Also, he doesn't have Regenerationn to attach his head back and JC completely engulfs his body with a lot of space cutting attacks, and he doesn't fall dead instantly meaning resistance

Their Regenerationn is just that fast. Dante straight up sliced Vergil in two, yet regenerated so fast that it looked like Dante's blade just phased through him.

Actually, Mid allows Vergil to survive decapitation. Dante's been shot in the brain I doubt removing the head from the body'll kill him.

Dante was cut by the Yamato, you literally see the blood. He didn't "resist being stabbed", he straight up was.

PapiSavitar5025 said:
Actually, Mid allows Vergil to survive decapitation. Dante's been shot in the brain I doubt removing the head from the body'll kill him.

Dante was cut by the Yamato, you literally see the blood. He didn't "resist being stabbed", he straight up was.
@DDK already debunked the first one.

The second one is another cutscene in the same fight, read my post and watch again.

In the cutscene, if you're talking about the end of DMC3, Yamato does cut through Dante. You can see the blood. It didn't slide off him, it literally cut him up.

In the first fight against Vergil, Dante lunges with all his strength against Vergil after awakening his DT, Vergil uses Yamato to defend himself but when Dante punches it it stops, Dante keeps pushing Vergil despite his.

What is this you may ask, it is resistance for Dante as the damn thing didn't cut beyond his hand

Alright, I see. But that would still apply to Vergil as well, they are literally twins and the same species. I don't see why resistances to Dante would not apply to his brother as well.

>they are literally twins

Without feats we can't go around giving everyone resistances because they have a brother/sister/father/son who resisted shit

>and the same species.

Worst argument ever, going by this every Demon resist everything Dante does

>I don't see why resistances to Dante would not apply to his brother as well

Because he does not have feats, simply and easy logic

PapiSavitar5025 said:
No, Vergil's Regenerationn counters that hard core. Even Dante was able to survive and regen fast enough to heal from Judgement Cuts.
Tell me when Vergil has feats of regenerating from being cut to pieces (which you need mid high for).

He doesn't need that

Their Regenerationn is fast enough to heal limbs before they are completely severed

When Vergil was cut in half he healed fast enough to not get separated. They will heal from being cut to pieces because the Regenerationn is fast enough to avoid getting torn into pieces

Thats why Dante's profiles states that it is instantaneous

Dante Demon Killah said:
He doesn't need that
Their Regenerationn is fast enough to heal limbs before they are completely severed

When Vergil was cut in half he healed fast enough to not get separated
Yes cut by a sword has speed at which it travels. A cut in space really doesn't have such a thing.

Also their regen can be tired out.

Vegil was completely tired at the moment, so no, even tired he will heal

Spatial Manipulation doesn't have that speed unless stated or depending on the Spatial Hax, I dunno the character, can you explain ?

Yes, just means he wasn't that tired. It is pretty commonly shown that when tired the healing factor does wear down.

Adding or depleting space does not have speed doe. Speed = distance/time. Doesn't apply when space is literally getting depleted, it's instantaneous. Same as how we never say stuff like "what's the speed of the time hax".

I understand now, going by his profile, it's similar to Kronos from Saint Seiya where he can attack with infinite speed by manipulating space

And Vergil was tired, he barely could keep on his feet, their Regenerationn doesn't get weaker, they just reach their limit stamina wise, after all, if their Regenerationn was downgraded, then they wouldn't regenerate, but they do

Firephoenixearl said:
Here is dante after the fight with vergil not being able to regenerate his wounds (7:58). The healing doesn't disappear, it just gets slower. Which is why they do bother blocking attacks at all.
I don't see any wound on him to say that it slows down? Even then, later feats shows it doesn't matter, look at their second fight where they gut each other and were so tired even Arkham stomps them yet there isn't any wound.

In the third fight is another one, the one where Vergil can barely get back up yet gets cut in half like nothing.

And to finish it off in that same scene, Dante healed off the Yamato stab and the Rebellion one with the only one being open at the moment was the one in the hand that is already gone by the time he drops unconscious

Yet he still falls on the ground bleeding in that, saying "there is no wound on him" is pretty inconsistent as the game literally forgets to add the wound at a certian point. When he gets stabbed by yamato, we see the wound, vergil grabs the necklace, the wound disappears, he falls on the ground, keeps bleeding. That is literally the game developers forgetting to add the wound.

And besides, in all fights they're tired from running around a lot and fighting, not tired from taking too much damage. Those are different.

In the last fight, where dante cuts vergil, yes, we do not see a wound, but we literally see vergil starting to have trouble breathing and even holds the place where dante cut him, implying the wound wasn't just yeeted, it still existed, we just could not see it.

And there is dante stating that he would kill vergil to stop him. Thing he wouldn't have said if the regen is infinite. Nor would they be fighting at all if that were the case considering Vergil has no way to kill Dante and vice versa.

Im not trying to downplay their Regenerationn or anything, but it is not all that fun forever as you're making it out to be. The Regenerationn does slow down if abused too much. Like how we see Dante knocked out for an actual month during DMC5 with possible wounds on him or how griffin was scared that V was gonna kill Dante by stabbing his head.

But anyway it is not like it matters much cus decapitation would do the job here or slicing to pieces.

Firephoenixearl said:
PapiSavitar5025 said:
Tell me when Vergil has feats of regenerating from being cut to pieces (which you need mid high for).
....I hope you meant High Mid

>Yet he still falls on the ground bleeding in that, saying "there is no wound on him" is pretty inconsistent as the game literally forgets to add the wound at a certian point. When he gets stabbed by yamato, we see the wound, vergil grabs the necklace, the wound disappears, he falls on the ground, keeps bleeding. That is literally the game developers forgetting to add the wound.

I don't care if they forgot or not, what is important is that we don't see any injury on him when he falls unconscious, meaning he healed the wound. For all we know its the blood Yamato/Rebellion sprayed on the coat both times he got impaled, the blood doesn't travel that fast unless it is in very high quantities, as it's viscosity is higher than water, the pool of blood you see is literally whatever blood Yamato/Rebellion sprayed on him mixed with water

>And besides, in all fights they're tired from running around a lot and fighting, not tired from taking too much damage. Those are different.

The second fight is all about having both of them weakened due to fighting each other to death, the whole chamber is filled with their blood due to that so don't say they aren't tired from taking much damage

>In the last fight, where dante cuts vergil, yes, we do not see a wound, but we literally see vergil starting to have trouble breathing and

Vergil could barely stand up at that point so dunno why you even mention him havin trouble, Dante was clearly superior and whoooping his ass.

>even holds the place where dante cut him, implying the wound wasn't just yeeted, it still existed, we just could not see it.

This is the only point on favor you got on this and even then it can be brused off as Vergil simply picking up his amulet as that's what he actually does

>And there is dante stating that he would kill vergil to stop him. Thing he wouldn't have said if the regen is infinite. Nor would they be fighting at all if that were the case considering Vergil has no way to kill Dante and vice versa.

Cuttin his head, using hax. There are many ways to kill them despite their regen so no.

>The Regenerationn does slow down if abused too much.

Literally debunked above

>Like how we see Dante knocked out for an actual month during DMC5 with possible wounds on him

Literally no proof of any wound, he literally got smaked and knocked out, nothing more

>how griffin was scared that V was gonna kill Dante by stabbing his head.

Literally in their profiles that their regen is only brain damage, not brain destruction/decapitation/or something like a big ******* sword through their whole head.

I don't care if they forgot or not, what is important is that we don't see any injury on him when he falls unconscious, meaning he healed the wound.

What kind of reasoning is this? You literally said "i don't care if the authors forgot that is regen". No it is not, dante keeps on bleeding from an already healed wound, its literally just the authors forgetting to add the wound after adding the stab despite them adding blood.

The second fight is all about having both of them weakened due to fighting each other to death, the whole chamber is filled with their blood due to that so don't say they aren't tired from taking much damage

Yeah and that time they did not take any damage from where to bleed from, they were just humiliated by Jester. They never took any serious hit in that scene from which they regened instantly.

Vergil could barely stand up at that point so dunno why you even mention him havin trouble, Dante was clearly superior and whoooping his ass.

Im pretty sure you can see the difference between 5:23 and 6:04 in his posture.

This is the only point on favor you got on this and even then it can be brused off as Vergil simply picking up his amulet as that's what he actually does

He doesn't exactly need to hold his amulet pressed to the wound, while leaning on 1 side barely staying on his feet to grab the amulet.

Literally no proof of any wound, he literally got smaked and knocked out, nothing more

I mean, knocking out is also a form of wound (the brain hitting the skull).

Literally debunked above

Ugh, yeah debunked above. Its not like after the fight against Urizen, Vergil tells Dante "Defeating you like this has no meaning. Heal your wounds Dante" (11:46). Totally something to say to someone who can instanly regenerate wounds infinitely without reduced speed, yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back