• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Pen is greater than the Sword

GyroNutz

VS Battles
Administrator
aka Smeargle vs Akame

This is Akame's fourth key (EoS Base Akame ga Kill).

Smeargle has one week of prep time.

Speed is equalized, they start 100 metres apart.

Who wins and why?

Akame: 3

Smeargle: 7?

Inconclusive: 1

By AP, no, they're not even 2x apart. By the technique, yes, but Smeargle can prevent that

Smeargle has one week of prep time? Is it owned or wild? A wild smeargle can only get so many moves and move so far

Well I'm personally going to go with Smeargle. Over the course of a week I'm sure it can acquire some very useful healing moves as well as some powerful punches or moves that can keep Asians at a distance. I think no matter where Smeargles are found it could probably get some pretty good moves.

Also if this works, as a funny little added thing, Smeargle could use endure to not get OHKOd and then copy the one hit kill ability to use it on Akame, maybe healing before he tries going on the offensive

╠ÂN╠Âo╠Ât╠ ╠Âg╠Âo╠Ân╠Ân╠Âa╠ ╠Âl╠Âi╠Âe╠Â,╠ ╠ÂI╠ ╠Ât╠Âh╠Âo╠Âu╠Âg╠Âh╠ ╠Âs╠Âo╠Âm╠Âe╠Âb╠Âo╠Âd╠Ây╠ ╠Âa╠Âc╠Ât╠Âu╠Âa╠Âl╠Âl╠Ây╠ ╠Âh╠Âa╠Âd╠ ╠Ât╠Âh╠Âe╠ ╠Âg╠Âa╠Âl╠Âl╠ ╠Ât╠Âo╠ ╠Âm╠Âa╠Âk╠Âe╠ ╠ÂR╠Âo╠Âh╠Âa╠Ân╠ ╠Âv╠Âs╠ ╠ÂH╠Âo╠Ân╠Âe╠Âd╠Âg╠Âe╠ ╠Â(╠ÂI╠ ╠Âk╠Ân╠Âo╠Âw╠ ╠Âi╠Ât╠ ╠Âw╠Âo╠Âu╠Âl╠Âd╠Â'╠Âv╠Âe╠ ╠Âb╠Âe╠Âe╠Ân╠ ╠Âa╠ ╠Âs╠Ât╠Âo╠Âm╠Âp╠Â,╠ ╠Âb╠Âu╠Ât╠ ╠Ât╠Âh╠Âe╠ ╠Ât╠Âi╠Ât╠Âl╠Âe╠ ╠Âw╠Âo╠Âr╠Âk╠Âs╠Â.╠Â)╠Â

Smeargle FRA

If this is a wild smeargle without starting moves, I doubt it would acquire useful moves in the prep. Smeargle aren't particularly smart (mostly like animals, i think) and canonically wild smeargles don't actively acquire moves on their own acccord. (they are always encountered without pre learned moves, right?)

That may just be game mechanics, although Smeargles in Pokemon Go actually spawn with moves other than sketch I think.

Even if, it's still pretty questionable that a Smeargle would actively search for good moves. Or that it on its own knows which are good moves. Pokémon having trainers has a good reason (with some exceptions).

Which habitat it starts in is also a notable restriction.

In the Artisan Cave there would literally be nothing for it to copy from. Ruins of Alph are a bit better, but still rather restricted. Later games are ok.

Smeargle due to it's insane versitility (basically FRA)

It can get control options through moves like Thunder Wave, Spore and Will o' Wisp.

Buff itself through moves like Quiver Dance, Swords Dance, Agility, Iron Defence etc

Control the battlefield and her movement with Stealth Rocks, Spikes, Sticky Web, Block and Mean Look

Heal itself through Recover, Roost, Wish and Rest

I doubt Smeargle loses, as even if we give Akame the benefit of doubt that she lands a killing blow, he can take her down with him with moves like Destiny Bond and Self Destruct

And that's just off the top of my head...even if you pick just 4 moves to stick with game canon I don't see him losing

And this is why I despise titles that don't tell you the character.....

Even the OP made it borderline impossible for Smeagle to lose by giving it prep to prevent her one technique

Edit: That was rude, sorry.

Schnee One said:
And this is why I despise titles that don't tell you the character.....
Even the OP made it borderline impossible for Smeagle to lose by giving it prep to prevent her one technique
Please read the whole thread before commenting, specifically DontTalk's counters.

Also Smeargle is borderline fodder without prep time

DontTalks Counters involve Smeargle not finding good moves in time which, considering literally everyone else in the thread is voting Smeargle it doesn't seem like people are going against it.

Just because people aren't considering DontTalk's points doesn't make them invalid though

It definitely does tho

If people don't properly consider the points they're voting for or the reasoning behind it, yes it does.

It's the entire reason why "FRA" is so despinsed on the site to begin with, if someone goes against the vote people need to give reasoning against it.

Voting FRA with said reasoning being countered with zero rebuttals is the entire reason FRA is hated on the site and why voted are invalidated on threads all the time

Now I have no idea whether the reasoning is true or not, as I don't know the verse, but voting based off something with a rebuttals that has yet to be addressed isn't right

I feel like you misunderstood me. My previous message was saying that people not considering what DontTalk said doesn't make what DontTalk said invalid.

Although in all fairness, all votes that I've counted were made before what DontTalk said

In one week Smeargle could learn Spore and with that put Akane to sleep. While she is sleeping the pokemon can use OHKO moves like sheer cold or fissure

Demon Takumo 31 said:
In one week Smeargle could learn Spore and with that put Akane to sleep. While she is sleeping the pokemon can use OHKO moves like sheer cold or fissure
The OHKO moves only have 30% accuracy.

Only works if you assume something with Smeargles intelligence finds, copies and uses these moves. Which I still doubt.

Akame for intelligence reasons.

DontTalkDT said:
Only works if you assume something with Smeargles intelligence finds, copies and uses these moves. Which I still doubt.
Akame for intelligence reasons.
Smeargle has one week of prep-time I think he'll be able to find the moves.

Not if its too stupid to actively search for them. (and does anything an safari zone even have one hit moves?)

While I definitly think Smeargle has a chance to win with the one week of prep time if they get the proper moves, their is the problem that does Smeargle know who they are fighting and what moves would be needed and where to find the moves.

I definitly think Pokemon has shown more than the animailaistic intelligence the wiki and DontTalkDT has credited them with, especially considering all their portrayals in the anime and manga that put them some of them close to human level intelligence, though their is some that does seem to have animal intelligence but even they show higher than animal intelligence in battle, but they are defintly not all-knowing, and while Spore+Lock-On+One-Hit KO move is a relaible strategy that I could see Smeragle coming up with even without knowing about Akame, their is no gurantee that it will know which Pokemon has the moves, where to find the Pokemon, and if it will be able to copy them in time.

Basically, I'm giving it inconclusive because theirs just not enough information to determine how Smeargle will act.

There are many issues with this.

• The versatility really doesn't matter when we have no idea what moves it will be able to copy.
  • Its doubtful if it's intelligence level will actually let it realize what moves would be useful, and he doesn't even know what he's facing. Furthermore, whether he uses the best moves out of the bat is just as unknown.
  • With the skill differences, either he has something to kill her/stop her as soon as he possibly can or something to survive. But imagining that somehow Smeargle finds a Pokemon just nearly dying and using Endure, for example, feels a little iffy.
All Akame needs is one cut too.

DontTalkDT said:
Not if its too stupid to actively search for them. (and does anything an safari zone even have one hit moves?)
Yes there are Paras with Spore, Magneton with Lock-On, Diglett/Dugtrio with Fissure, Rhyhorn/Rhydon with Horn Drill and Kingler with Guillotine. Those are the Pokemon that learn those moves by Level-Up.

Also Embargo exist; so Smeargle can make Akame´s sword useless.

Embargo:

This move prevents the target from using its held item for five turns. Its Trainer is also prevented from using items on it.

Back