• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The reactions page

I suppose that this seems reasonable, but it is best if the rest of the calculation group give input first.

We have a rule regarding reactions here. In the rules page, it states that:

Reaction speed has both a distance and a timeframe component, so all calculations that are completed for reaction speed cannot simply be a timeframe by itself. Do not randomly assume a 1 meter distance for each timeframe and use that speed for the reaction speed.
I would like DT's opinion on regarding subject on this. However, if necessary, I am willing to re-write the reactions page according to KKapoios' values in the blog.

Yes. Thank you for the information. It is probably best to ask DontTalk to take note of this thread.

Hmm... That is for the perception values, correct?

Well, I believe that the reaction time values we currently have were an undiscussed standard (I don't quite remember what was said regarding them in the last thread about the reactions page).

Technically I am in favor of ranking them after a system we know the reasoning of and the 1 meter standard to get the timeframe doesn't sound unreasonable.

Implementation wise one has to keep in mind though, that this would be a ranking system change. So we would have to find and change all profiles that currently have such reactions listed and change them.

While I think not all too many profiles have those, I also don't know if we can effectively filter the profiles to find those that need to be looked at. So making such a change could be some major searching effort.

Well, given how few profiles that seem to have used it (I have kept track of most things in this wiki, and don't recall seeing it), as opposed to simply usually giving characters the same combat and reaction speed, I think that we can simply change the page, and let members gradually modify statistics if they notice anything.

I also only know the two I have calced it for.

Well, if they are so few, then I am in favor of changing it, I think.

Well, since DontTalk is okay with it, I suppose that it is alright.

Lina reminded me on something important: All the reaction time levels listed should have a suffix like "perception" to differentiate them in profiles from actual speed stats.

Yes. Since we used that suffix before, I suppose we can agree on using it now as well.

So I will change the page for now.

I can clean up the page so it looks more presentable, if you guys need.

Edit: Nvm, it looks clean. Also, should the term "infinitely swift" perception be added for characters with infinite speed?

Lina Shields said:
I can clean up the page so it looks more presentable, if you guys need.
Edit: Nvm, it looks clean. Also, should the term "infinitely swift" perception be added for characters with infinite speed?
Depends on if it's travel or not I'd assume.

Back