• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Search For The Earth

Alright, that seems like a cliche enough title, anyway half baked idea coming up (note if there are any grammatical inconsistencies, I was trying this up on apple notes in the dark quickly so I haven't really checked through it all)

Story

B8C78A84-5E72-43A8-9A97-174750459CA5
Back in the late 21st century interstellar travel became a possibility through the development of hyperspace drives. However only a single station was launched, as previous drone successes in signalling seemed impossible to replicate due to the fact that such successes happened to just come from luck, and the science just wasn't there to apply normally . The crew of 15000 stayed alone due to using all their fuel after having dodged a meteorite shower, however not needing extra resources for too long due to self sustaining implants the crew had been equipped with. Life seemed bleak, hopeless. However one day a miracle emerged; in the form of a cheap alien scavenging ship. While the other crew members tried to gain access to the ship, you (yes, you!) were either unable to or were aware of the flaws in such a plan. While thousands were killed in the spacial compressor present in the unit, you were by either sheer astronavigational geniusor just dumb luck, you were able to fix a tractor beam to the ship and survive as it dragged you across the super galactic system.

As you did so, the extra weight you put on the ship caused it to experience a false turn and end up crossing a strange dimensional anomaly, one present in a deserted galaxy due to its unpredictability and enormous power. While crossing it every single one of you experienced a strange power flow through you- an incredibly energy sear through your veins. Something not fully understood, awakened in you. Not fully comprehending what happened you arrived..... somewhere- you were greeted by a holographic object that projected itself on your ship, informing you of where you were, the universe at large, and a little bit of what the hell was going on

Lore:
From what you were told it seems as if humans were some of the last races to discover interstellar travel. Almost every solar system in the universe is brought together by one thing: the empire. Despite what this may entail the empire is, in the technical sense, by no means an empire. It is in fact a bureaucratic umbrella corporation- with the most advanced technology in the universe. It connects together all worthwhile systems- creating incredible trade deals that revolutionise planets, forming the universal currency known as Empire Tokens (frequently described as ET). It owns 49% of all business in the universe, with that number applying to every single planet that are connected together via their means. The solar system you are currently on contains the Crogulars, a species known as some of the only purely organic beings within empire. It's worth comes from its monopoly of hydrogen rich stars, which are bought from then to replace imploding ones in other systems. Despite its ownership of billions of stars, the race is only situated on one of these systems, possessing 3 planets in total, the main citadel (referred to as "Keron 57) is the centre planet and the ones where most technology and science is developed (though relative to the rest of the universe it's technology level is very low) and where the government is situated. Keron 86 is to its left and is the main hub of military and mass manufacturing. Keron 74 to its right is more of a tourist based area due to its amazing views of the countless subs situated near the system- due to its position and size it is the area where star transactions are frequently managed- however the rotations of the planet means that large profit can only occur once a decade, with this time generally being the lowest for the systems economy.

As for lore behind powers, in this universe rather than having a soul every person exists as a platonic ideal that transcends conventional concepts of mathematics and dimensions, sitting far above the infinite multiverse, with their body's merely being a flawed material interpretation of it. However, based on ones "psychic potential" (a mental stat) they can subtly apply their true self to the universe; using it for standard feats of telekinesis, mind control, etc. One of the most interesting features of this is that is turns out all charisma is merely an means of imprinting your own platonic ideal into the minds of other people in incredible subtle ways, essentially working like a conceptual virus- infecting other people's concepts.

Mechanics:
Stats are split into two categories- mental and physical. In turn there are sub stats for these, with mental having psychic potential and knowledge. Psychic potential concerns the previously discussed lore and knowledge is self explanatory (this is essentially the "intelligence" stat of this game, it determines general feats involving the brain). Physical is split into dexterity and genetics. Because I always take the wrong lessons from things, dexterity is essentially ones healing factor and turn order as well as travel speed whereas genetics concern perks referring to basic biological advantages. One will also be allowed to choose one power, because I like ripping off HL3 (a lot apparently) these will likely be of similar hax to cogito ergo sum. Now, each ability will also have their ap and general smurf power determined by either the mental or physical (your choice but if it is obviously a physical based power than I won't let it be mental and vice versa). You have a base of 5 points to spread between your base stats, with the maximum being 5 and minimum being 0. You also have a custom background to choose with based on your characters life or profession on the crew, this will give you one special custom proficiency of sorts (this likely won't be very useful later on in the game- think a skill like in DnD that you wouldn't already have), you also have a custom modifier, you can either choose to have a +1 to a base stat or a +2 to a substat, the same limitations you base stats still apply, though the limits for substats are higher.

To explain more on substats, all substats are the same value as a base stat unless they have a background modifier added. While dexterity only has the stats themselves just be certain values (again like CES) for abilities like regen and speed- with 1 speed being low mid regen and peak human speed, with 12 being high godly and immeasurable- others are more based around what points you have to attribute to certain perks. For example, if I had 5 points in genetics and I wanted to buy a perk that gave me toxic fumes that emanated off my body at will and the value of that perk was 1 (and it had no perquisites that I didn't meet) then I would take off one point from my total and now have 4 to spend on other abilities.

Back