• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Shrek Discussion Thread

Sorry if this is a necro, but I didn't wanted to create a new thread.
Yesterday I went to the theather to see "Puss in the boots: The Last Wish" because in my country it's already out, and it's good. And I mean REALLY good, I think it's my favorite Shrek movie second only to Shrek 2.
I was hesitant to go watch it because I thought it would be a really dumb movie, instead it was a much more intelligent movie than I thought it would be.
And another thing that really surprised me is that all of the 3 main villains were characterized really well. Modern Disney can't even make one decent villain while in this movie there were THREE good ones.
Honestly, I think that there might be a Dreamworks' renaissence, and I am all for it.

im pretty sure this can be added lol we're just too lazy
Hmm I dunno, there are still some past feats up in the air like the Speed/LS, etc. Not only that, I recall that one of the calc members have long responded regarding the Mountain carving feats, being FAR more apparently. Well whatever it's grand definitive value is, we can assure that Shrek largely upscales via the ***** scaling right?

Speaking of *****, there are some feats from him yet to be calculated too I believe, which also leads me to:
Sorry if this is a necro, but I didn't wanted to create a new thread.
Yesterday I went to the theather to see "Puss in the boots: The Last Wish" because in my country it's already out, and it's good. And I mean REALLY good, I think it's my favorite Shrek movie second only to Shrek 2.
I was hesitant to go watch it because I thought it would be a really dumb movie, instead it was a much more intelligent movie than I thought it would be.
And another thing that really surprised me is that all of the 3 main villains were characterized really well. Modern Disney can't even make one decent villain while in this movie there were THREE good ones.
Honestly, I think that there might be a Dreamworks' renaissence, and I am all for it.
I haven't seen it but it sounds good, yeah DreamWorks animations are getting rather upgraded like The Bag Guys I find pretty good (Maybe it's the Lupawnlll Itch), plus has an upcoming spinoff or something too. Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Puss have literal Resurrection with those said nine lives? What other notable stuff comes from it? I heard Puss even breaks the 4th Wall in the Netflix interactive thing.

Anyways, if I'm ever given the chance, I might have in mind creating the Shrek Gaming thread variant being the strongest one yet, mostly due to their wider skills/inventory. Discussion thread for now if there are those who played said games, the most notable I remember were from the GBA games. XD

I haven't seen it but it sounds good, yeah DreamWorks animations are getting rather upgraded like The Bag Guys I find pretty good (Maybe it's the Lupawnlll Itch), plus has an upcoming spinoff or something too. Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Puss have literal Resurrection with those said nine lives? What other notable stuff comes from it? I heard Puss even breaks the 4th Wall in the Netflix interactive thing.
Yes, the nine lives are actual resurrection, even thought in the movie he already lost most of them.
There are some pretty interesting things, in particular with a specific character, but talking about him would be heavily spoiler so it's better if I don't say too much.
Talking about something that isn't really spoilery since it happens at the beginning, Puss literally toys with the Giant seen in the trailers, and the Giant have some pretty good feats, so that's definitely something notable.

Yes, the nine lives are actual resurrection, even thought in the movie he already lost most of them.
There are some pretty interesting things, in particular with a specific character, but talking about him would be heavily spoiler so it's better if I don't say too much.
Talking about something that isn't really spoilery since it happens at the beginning, Puss literally toys with the Giant seen in the trailers, and the Giant have some pretty good feats, so that's definitely something notable.
Oh yeah the Giant! The whole segment even became a Meme:

Since the movie came out in most Countries, here are some interesting feats and abilities for the characters

Death would obviously get AE Type 2 and probably Immortality Type 8 reliant on the concept of death, as long as death exist he will exist. Him and Puss would also be really skilled fighters considering everything they were able to to in their battles.
Jack Horner would be a pretty versatile fighter, and his Unicorn Horn Crossbow would get Transmutation considering it turns everything the horns hits into confetti.
For feats, maybe Death easily destroying a block of Crystal as big as himself might get pretty hig results, but I am not really an expert in calculations so I don't know.

During their final fight, Puss was able to temporarely knock him down, so, althought he can't defeat him considering he is the embodiment of death, he would scale to him physically

Well, to be fair Death would stomp Shrek. Skill wise there is no story, in their first confrontation he completely demolished Puss without even trying, and even during the final fight Puss was only able to temporarely knock him down, but even he admits that he can't win.
On top of this, I am not even sure if it would be right to scale the Puss of this movie to Shrek. This movie takes place after "Shrek Forever After" and a lot of time passed since then, so Puss might have, and most likely have, become much stronger than before.

even he admits that he can't win.
isn't death immortal though? that's probably why
On top of this, I am not even sure if it would be right to scale the Puss of this movie to Shrek. This movie takes place after "Shrek Forever After" and a lot of time passed since then, so Puss might have, and most likely have, become much stronger than before.
is there anything implying that he has

Yes and no. He is obviously immortal since he is death, but even during that fight Death was easily stronger than him and Puss was only able to knock him down temporarely, with Death ready to jump back up even without one of his Sickles. So, even without the immortality part I think that Death is stronger in one way or another.

At the beginning of the movie Puss defeats a Giant without even trying, with the fight between the two that destroyed several building. That already put him far higher than before, at least in the skill part but probabily even in the strenght part. But in general it's said that he lived a lot of adventures during that time, and considering everything I believe it's not a reach to say that he is stronger than he was before. We could scale Shrek to Puss anyways and I am okay with that, but I personally feel like it would be better to see if in a next movie they are shown to still be at least comparable to each other.

At the beginning of the movie Puss defeats a Giant without even trying, with the fight between the two that destroyed several building. That already put him far higher than before
shrek also defeated a giant, easily tanked dragonfire which carved out a mountain, and survived getting thrown around by dragon, who effortlessly knocked over a castle. puss scales to shrek. so the stuff you just listed is actually consistent with what we've seen

shrek also defeated a giant, easily tanked dragonfire which carved out a mountain, and survived getting thrown around by dragon, who effortlessly knocked over a castle. puss scales to shrek. so the stuff you just listed is actually consistent with what we've seen
Yeah, this makes sense. I think we can agree that Puss is far superior than Shrek skill wise, considering all the things he does in this movie, but AP wise you are probably right and they are comparable to each other, althought Puss seems to be far stronger in this movie than he was before, but maybe it's just the animation that makes the action scenes far more impressive than any other movie in the franchise.

By the way, if anyone here didn't watch the movie yet I highly suggest to go and see it. It's genuenly one of the best Dreamworks movie ever and one of the best animated movie in general in the past decade at the very least.
It's easily the best Shrek movie, second only to Shrek 2, so it pains me to see that it's not doing that good at the box office.
It's really worth it, at the very least for the action scenes which are easily among the best ones in any animated movie.

******* shrek scaling to a conceptual deity is absolutely hilarious

29-A46-AEA-0558-4600-8-C8-D-73094-DD3-C910.jpg

Shrek is already a god

At the beginning of the movie he got curbstomped by Death. By the end, he actually defeated him in a duel. This implies he got significantly stronger over the course of the movie. I think this warrants a key split for Puss, with Shrek only scaling to the first key and not the second.

dacf9589868a2f4588d720a0d2d151df47ac3d6b.png

Music (And not the one you would think).

Here to discuss Shrek related things.

First of which I would like to give the following new found info and what you all could probably have any thoughts for:

Ones that have been brought up from the "Shrek V. Gru." thread bout is that Shrek survived the dragon's fire breath which has the potent enough energy (That is also mentioned in Shrek's dura page.) To skeletonize humans in heavy armor and even said to melt through stone including metal purposes which should amount to something higher then the current wall rating. as a plus to this, as seen in the same ghost of farquad special not only has he reacted to these fireballs but also his farts alone can literally extinguish the stone dragon counterpart's fire which collided with the actual Dragon's breath AND Dragon's breath can go THIS DEEP through a tiny mountain.

other things include is the scaling to Puss in Boots, Puss has some yet to have calc's

AP/Dura:

- Puss launched someone this far away with just a single sword swing.

- What seems to be his most impressive feat in this category yet is having survived getting hurled from the desert to a town from a whirlwind.

Speed:

- This one's a bit of a weird one but it is worth mentioning that Puss did dodge a magic blast, Of which somewhat resembles electricity or lightning.

Lifting Strength:

- Puss managed to rein in a Giant Goose. (Fair reminder that said Giant Goose is still shown to be huger compared to other the buildings there. The Giant goose is strong enough to engulf/collapse half of huge portions of a bridge, She got stuck but then removed the giant rubble away.)

- If all is said and done the most interesting thing of all is... would this perhaps scale to Shrek himself? As Shrek is still said to be much stronger than Puss who could wrestle bulls even as a little kid, Which just goes to show how casual Puss is in comparison and Shrek can overpower Puss with just one arm.

Also I think if memory serves it was brought up before but I want to see what you think if it can be measured, Shrek is stronk enough to push/tip over this huge metallic cauldron filled to the brim with magic based liquid. Which actually got calced by user Stefano4444 Credits go to him the madlad.

Calc:

Shrek flipping the cauldron.

Shrek's height = 169 pixels (Black Line) = 7 ft to 8 ft or 2.1336 cm to 2.4384 cm.

For the sake of low balling i will go with 7 ft.

Também não vou contar o líquido mágico já que sua densidade nunca foi mencionada e provavelmente não mudaria o resultado.

Altura do caldeirão = 414 pixels (Linha Vermelha) = 2,1336 *(414/169) = 5,22668876 cm

Comprimento do caldeirão = 330 pixels (Linha Azul) = 2,1336 *(330/169) = 4,16620118 cm

Volume (cilindro) = pi*(4,16620118/2)^2*5,22668876 = 71,2519896 m^3

Vazio (90%) = 71,2519896*10% = 7,12519896 m^3

Para o material utilizado, parece ser Ferro ou Cobre, o mesmo acontece com as duas pontas.

Densidade (Cobre) = 7,12519896*8950 = 63770,5307 kg ou 70,2949773 toneladas = Classe 100

Densidade (Ferro) = 7,12519896*7874 = 56103,8166 kg ou 61,8438716 toneladas = Classe 100

Potenciais quadrinhos do Shrek:

Poucos sabem disso, mas Shrek possivelmente tem alguns quadrinhos canônicos de Nível 2 em potencial, sim, você ouviu certo, inicialmente me surpreendeu também. A situação do dragão de pedra e do fantasma é semelhante.

Pensamentos?

Bro, thanks to this comment I discovered several incredible feats of Shrek, for example him throwing the donkey at the moon which is made monstrous and also Shrek reacting to the fairy godmother's lightning.

Back