• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Stardust Crusaders Board the Last Train Home

As the Stardust Crusaders board a train on their journey to Egypt, DIO hires two highly skilled assassins to eliminate them once and for all.

Pesci and Prosciutto vs The Stardust Crusaders.

Basic set-up and location are identical to the train battle in Part 5.

• Round 1
-The SDC are at full strength, excluding SP:TW (Iggy is present, etc).

-Pesci and Prosciutto know who their targets are, but not their exact location on the train.

-The SDC are on edge and ready to fight if necessary. They are, however, initially unaware of this specific enemy's presence.

-Speed is equalized if necessary to avoid a stomp.

• Round 2
-Jotaro now has access to SP:TW.

Pesci isn't a problem for Jotaro, as he can beat him even worse than Bruno did.

Who is the problem is Prosciiutto. Autokills Joseph as he's already old. Maybe Iggy as well due to having a dog's lifespan. It's quite possible that Avdol gets everyone killed though, due to how Grateful Dead works. Saving Grace can possibly be Kakyoin or Polnareff, as Emerald Splash and speedblitzing Prosciutto can be their way out.

The real cal howard said:
Pesci isn't a problem for Jotaro, as he can beat him even worse than Bruno did.

Who is the problem is Prosciiutto. Autokills Joseph as he's already old. Maybe Iggy as well due to having a dog's lifespan. It's quite possible that Avdol gets everyone killed though, due to how Grateful Dead works. Saving Grace can possibly be Kakyoin or Polnareff, as Emerald Splash and speedblitzing Prosciutto can be their way out.
Yeah, Joseph gets eliminated almost immediately. That's an excellent point about Avdol, as well.

If the set up is the same then does that mean the Crusaders know the opponent is on the train and by sheer coincidence they have a vague idea that cold limits Grateful Dead temporarily?

Chariot190 said:
If the set up is the same then does that mean the Crusaders know the opponent is on the train and by sheer coincidence they have a vague idea that cold limits Grateful Dead temporarily?
They know that there's an enemy present in the vaguest sense, hence why they're on edge. They're aware that there's almost certainly an enemy on board. However they are not aware of Pesci and Prosciutto specifically.

As mentioned earlier, they do have have the same capability of figuring out how GD works with the cold drinks.

Good enough, Kak and his stealth tendrils, sensing and huge range is probably capable of stealthing and finding the enemies with little effort.

And this may seem like a bit of a cheap out but, for that very reason, I dont see Joseph dying at all in this match and he'd likely be how they find out. Joseph's favorite food items canonically are fried chicken, bubblegum and soda (which should be obvious by his random off hand soda quotes in Part 3 like hot soda and his soda analogy towards Dio). That alone would probably give him a chance, and due to hamon, he could easily stabilize the ice and sodas they have left for extended uses, even preventing melting to an extent.

As such, via kak's tendrils and Joseph of all characters, they probably lowdiff given that leads into jotaro just casually walking up to prosciutto and tearing his head off and pesci not exactly much of a issue given kak can incap and restrain him.

Chariot190 said:
Good enough, Kak and his stealth tendrils, sensing and huge range is probably capable of stealthing and finding the enemies with little effort.

And this may seem like a bit of a cheap out but, for that very reason, I dont see Joseph dying at all in this match and he'd likely be how they find out. Joseph's favorite food items canonically are fried chicken, bubblegum and soda
Wow, I completely forgot that Joseph likes soda. When you put it like that, it sounds exactly like something Araki would write.

Are you sure they'd be able to figure it out before Joseph gets offed, though? Even with the drink slowing its effects, Joseph only has a few years left of having his full faculties, if Part 4 is anything to go by.

Ignoring that though, I think your point about Kakyoin is pretty accurate. He'd find them super easily, and then it'd just be a matter of Jotaro getting his hands on them.

At that point, Pesci is done. But I think Prosciiutto still has a chance if he 'disguises' himself like he did against Mista.

As an aside, since Jotaro was able to do that heart stopping trick with Star Platinum, could he use it to hold back Beach Boy's hook?

>Are you sure they'd be able to figure it out before Joseph gets offed, though? Even with the drink slowing its effects, Joseph only has a few years left of having his full faculties, if Part 4 is anything to go by.

He got better after Part 4 actually and Araki confrmed Joseph is still alive in Stone Ocean. Plus his detriment in Part 4 is mostly because of yes, aging, but complete lack of hamon anymore, depression and several other factors. Part 3 Joseph still has some hamon and is more like a extremely fit 40 year old, not a 68 year old.

>At that point, Pesci is done. But I think Prosciiutto still has a chance if he 'disguises' himself like he did against Mista.

Yeah but tbh I can still see a variety of ways they can find him, that being Abdul with his Life Detector, it can sene Stand energies, and luckily for the squad, Abdul can canotrol the temp of his flames, meaning he can still use the detector without the whole heat thing.

>As an aside, since Jotaro was able to do that heart stopping trick with Star Platinum, could he use it to hold back Beach Boy's hook?

No, Beach Boy can phase through Stands, it's basically phasing +1. Shouldnt matter though given he can just do what Sticky did, but way worse given he's vastly above him in strength, instead of being launched he'd probably get whiplash from SP pulling.

>He got better after Part 4 actually and Araki confrmed Joseph is still alive in Stone Ocean...

I mean, of course. Nothing can kill Joseph Joestar, especially something as simple as "age".

>Yeah but tbh I can still see a variety of ways they can find him, that being Abdul with his Life Detector, it can sense Stand energies...

I knew of that ability, but I didn't know it tracked stand energy specifically. If that's the case, then yeah, it's over.

>No, Beach Boy can phase through Stands, it's basically phasing +1...

Really? I swore there was a scene where the Sex Pistols were able to grab hold of the line. Jotaro still takes Pesci pretty handily though, especially with The World. So it doesn't matter.

Abdul states it can pick up breathing, stand energy and movement.

Yeah Sex Pistols did but when Beach boy is diving, it becomes completely intang even to Stands iirc, ill have to double check tho.

Back